Morrissey UK shows in March 2015; on sale Jan. 16

any one who ends up sat down at the terrible leeds arena is going to be very disappointed by the whole experience, stay at home and watch Morrissey on a dvd instead- the beer will be a fraction of the price, you wont need to wait an hour to get out of your own driveway, 30 people wont need to stand up and scowl to let u past when u need a piss, you will save the best part of 100 quid and the set list and band will be far better - I doubt Morrissey has ever been in that awful place and watched a gig( being so rich and detached from british reality these days), if he had he would avoid it like the old Morrissey would have done

It would be interesting to see how the forecast sums add up to make the tour viable. *Certainly could not be based on selling out so many arenas, a feat never before accomplished by our man (not even selling out the men in 2012, which is maybe why he has the hump with Manchester since). *The big fat whaperoo prices make me feel it's based on the usual suspects who will always give him a chance and the occasional gig goer with some cash. *Fridays and Saturdays make it an easy night out. *I've no issue paying these prices to see moz (145 for 2 seats at nottingham - I was thinking thank god he's not popular or I could have been paying double!), but it's unlikely to pull in new fans or those with a passing interest in what he might be all about - that's a shame because the new material is deserving of wider recognition. *After years of standing I have no problem taking in the spectacle from half decent seats. *Mrs me is five feet two and now 52 and says she's done her shift on the floor seeing the backs of heads and occasionally my smiling oblivious face. *I never thought I'd simply buy seated tickets without a huff and puff but I did not give it a second thought. *I am sure there are plenty more out there who started out like us in sweaty smiths mosh pits who are now happy to take a more mellowed approach (still love to see the attempts on stage and even the 02 was still good for that during edils). *So see you in the seats, I'll be the one in in slippers with a small woman with binoculars!

For the 100th time, selling seats is not Morrissey's concern. That is the job of the promoter of the show.

Morrissey has agreed to perform a concert at these venues. He will be paid his sum for doing so by the promoter, and Morrissey will in turn pay will his band/crew/management as agreed.

As for selling seats and making a profit over-and-above whatever Morrissey, Inc. was paid and the cost of the venue rental... well that is the promoter's worry.

This is how it works, people. Whether the venue is 50%, 70%, or 97% full, Morrissey is paid then same. And when the lights go down, he can see roughly the first 15 'rows' under most lighting configurations so it makes no difference to him.

nobody goes to a concert because of the promoter, but because of the artist. the artist sells tickets and the artist only. if he doesnt sell enough then next time the promoters will take a pass on booking him.

Harsh truth if you are talking to me (you talkIn to me, you talkin to me) I said I'd be interested to see the forecast sums ie the promoters forecast. There has to be fairly evidenced based calculation re expected attendance level on which to book such big venues; don't think there is much of the leap of faith mentality left in the music business.

SJM have been promoting Mozza for years. They are one of the UKs biggest promoters and they know exactly what they are doing. Having booked shows with them myself for bands I manage that play decent sized venues (like the Brixton Academy) they will tend to offer a minimum guarantee which will be a fee Mozza will get regardless of how many tickets are sold. If it sells out though you can earn around 30% more - depending on the size of the minimum guarantee.

Most arena shows will enter profit at around 60% of tickets sold as an average. SJM will have done their sums.

As an aside a lot of acts book venues like the 02 never expecting to sell out the upper tiers and sums are done on these tickets not been sold. If they are it is a bonus.

SJM have been promoting Mozza for years. They are one of the UKs biggest promoters and they know exactly what they are doing. Having booked shows with them myself for bands I manage that play decent sized venues (like the Brixton Academy) they will tend to offer a minimum guarantee which will be a fee Mozza will get regardless of how many tickets are sold. If it sells out though you can earn around 30% more - depending on the size of the minimum guarantee.

Most arena shows will enter profit at around 60% of tickets sold as an average. SJM will have done their sums.

As an aside a lot of acts book venues like the 02 never expecting to sell out the upper tiers and sums are done on these tickets not been sold. If they are it is a bonus.

Do SJM have to pay off the meat vendors for the night as well or does the artist sort that one

I can't speak for every venue but the 02 owns its concession stands. It will right off any lost revenue as they know a Morrissey audience and its age and demographic drinks a lot. Booze sales will more than make up for any lost meat sales.

As an aside the band I managed had an average audience of 35 years plus. A venue would much rather have us playing than a younger band because bar sales were almost three times as much.

most of what people here are saying is very true which is nice to see. try selling tickets with no promoter and see how it goes. sure who the artist is can maker the promoters job easy or hard but they are still very necessary beyond the bar venue

T-shirts and tickets for Cardiff from the pre-sale arrived today. Tickets for Cardiff are still readily available, so it wasn't a great investment, but I've got to say that the t-shirts look great. Love that design on black. Anyway... looking forward to the show. And I, for one, can't wait to see Buffy Saint Marie too. Always been a sucker for Universal Soldier.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom