Morrissey's 8 Most Offensive Comments - Paste Magazine

Morrissey's 8 Most Offensive Comments - Paste
By Madison Bloom.

Excerpt:

"To love Morrissey is to occasionally hate him. No pop star in history has stirred such conflicted emotions in his millions of fans based on his extra-musical relentless diatribe. By the looks of the upcoming Moz biopic England Is Mine(which is out now in the U.K. and hits U.S. theaters on Aug. 25), it seems easy to remember the former Smiths singer as the precocious Northern boy with big dreams and an even bigger vocabulary.

But while writer-director Mark Gill is keen on portraying the artist as boyish and meek Steven Patrick, the rest of us are stuck with the man known as Morrissey—the man of a million insults, a thousand enemies, and the biggest mouth in showbiz. To celebrate our love-hate relationship with The Pope Of Mope, here are eight of Moz’s most ridiculous big mouth moments."

I switched off after Pope of Mope.
Bored before I even began,
FWD.

To save the hassle and minus the editorial:

1. “I can smell burning flesh…and I hope to God it’s human.”
Said: On stage at Coachella in 2009

2. “In the U.K. we live under a Nazi regime.”
Said: On stage at Edgefield Amphitheater in Troutdale, Ore. in 2015

3. “It’s the refuge for the mentally deficient. It’s made by dull people for dull people.”
Said: About dance music to Details in 1992

4. “Robert Smith is a whingebag.”
Said: To NME in 1984

5. That James Baldwin T-Shirt
Seen: On Morrissey's website, but later removed

6. Suggesting Jamie Oliver eat his own kids
Seen: On Morrissey’s fan site True To You

“As for Brexit, the result was magnificent.”
Said: To Australia’s Faster Louder in 2016

8. “The Chinese are a subspecies.”
Said: to The Guardian in 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
They didn't even get the list right. I am sure we can get the correct list together. I'll start.
Number 4 is not offensive. Strike "Robert Smith is a whingebag" and substitute
4. "I wouldn't be surprised if she [Madonna] made that African boy into a coat and wore him ... for 15 minutes, and then threw it away."

I'm pretty sure:
"I see no difference between eating animals and paedophilia," & "They are both rape, violence, murder. If I'm introduced to anyone who eats beings, I walk away."
Should have been on there.
Regards,
FWD.

Still waiting to read something he said that was offensive. I only see his personal opinions. Nazi regime comment is of course about the royals who he believes run the country.

Calling dance music and the people who make it boring isn't really all that outrageous

Calling dance music and the people who make it boring isn't really all that outrageous

But we live in a time when speaking the truth is more controversial than ever. When he said that back then most people just laughed it off and most agreed and then they had lives to live.

Then the internet came and life changed forever.

His subspecies comment extends to all far east asians cause you have to agree they are very peculiar in more ways than one and we don't hear much about them. While the western world people are all over the tv and papers and online you cannot say the same for the shy and quiet far east asians who still keep to themselves and won't let in a single migrant.

Yes, the globalists are coming for them soon.

1 "We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown, with 97 [sic] dead. Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald's and Kentucky Fried shit every day."

In 1992, the singer was quoted in Q Magazine stating that he did not want to be "horrible or pessimistic", but he didn't "really think, for instance, black people and white people will ever really get on or like each other. I don't really think they ever will."

Words don't offend me, sorry. I'm offended by deeds and crimes. War, privileges, opression, slavery, killings, rapes, exploitation, etc. All those are truly offensive facts. Why don't you make a comprehensive list M. Bloom? Then make a list of all the atrocities Morrissey usually sings and talks about trying to open our eyes.

Words don't offend me, sorry. I'm offended by deeds and crimes. War, privileges, opression, slavery, killings, rapes, exploitation, etc. All those are truly offensive facts. Why don't you make a comprehensive list M. Bloom? Then make a list of all the atrocities Morrissey usually sings and talks about trying to open our eyes.

I'll bet I could offend you with words.

But we live in a time when speaking the truth is more controversial than ever. When he said that back then most people just laughed it off and most agreed and then they had lives to live.

Then the internet came and life changed forever.

His subspecies comment extends to all far east asians cause you have to agree they are very peculiar in more ways than one and we don't hear much about them. While the western world people are all over the tv and papers and online you cannot say the same for the shy and quiet far east asians who still keep to themselves and won't let in a single migrant.

Yes, the globalists are coming for them soon.

What a f***ing charming person you must be. Thought the yellow peril only existed in history books, how wrong can one be?

The most offensive thing in this article is the risible claim that Morrissey has 'millions of fans'...erm....LOL!

Where are they hiding? They don't buy his recorded consumer products or attend his consumer experiences aka: gigs. The viewer figures on The Smiths Official YouTube channel show there is almost no interest in all this stuff beyond the dwindling cult. When Morrissey croaks, the crock of shit that was The Smiths & his Solo Tribute Band go to the grave with him. How fitting...

BB

Reckon have to say #1 was offensive, the smell of bacon wrapped hot dogs that night and all the sunburned Brit/Euro tourists drooling in front of the hamburger stand was nauseating. Reckon I am so happy I have no idea what Brickxit is.

Reckon have to say #1 was offensive, the smell of bacon wrapped hot dogs that night and all the sunburned Brit/Euro tourists drooling in front of the hamburger stand was nauseating. Reckon I am so happy I have no idea what Brickxit is.

You cannot avoid a sunburn where you live surf dude.

Still waiting to read something he said that was offensive. I only see his personal opinions. Nazi regime comment is of course about the royals who he believes run the country.

'Still waiting to read something he said that was offensive. I only see his personal opinions. Nazi regime comment is of course about the royals who he believes run the country.' :thumb:

Exactly, it's not difficult to say something that someone somewhere will find 'offensive'. If someones opinions offend some people so much then why do they think that by coming onto a site to comment on what M has said is going to change him? Laughable indeed and very sad.
Best thing would be to log out and go out into the real world and make the difference that they want to see made.

When taking M's comments in context with the rest of the interview or with the knowledge of his strong beliefs then one can see where he's coming from and why he said what he said, then one can see how brave he is by being honest and standing by his convictions in order to draw attention to the subject of animal rights in a world where little to no attention is given on the subject.

MORRISSEY IS IN THE RIGHT!
:rock::rock::rock::rock:

'Still waiting to read something he said that was offensive. I only see his personal opinions. Nazi regime comment is of course about the royals who he believes run the country.' :thumb:

Exactly, it's not difficult to say something that someone somewhere will find 'offensive'. If someones opinions offend some people so much then why do they think that by coming onto a site to comment on what M has said is going to change him? Laughable indeed and very sad.
Best thing would be to log out and go out into the real world and make the difference that they want to see made.

When taking M's comments in context with the rest of the interview or with the knowledge of his strong beliefs then one can see where he's coming from and why he said what he said, then one can see how brave he is by being honest and standing by his convictions in order to draw attention to the subject of animal rights in a world where little to no attention is given on the subject.

MORRISSEY IS IN THE RIGHT!
:rock::rock::rock::rock:

Is your thumbs up re the nazi comment because you agree with the poster making it clear its about the royals or because you agree with Morrisseys views that in the U.K. we live under a nazi regime?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom