Morrissey's 8 Most Offensive Comments - Paste Magazine

Morrissey's 8 Most Offensive Comments - Paste
By Madison Bloom.

Excerpt:

"To love Morrissey is to occasionally hate him. No pop star in history has stirred such conflicted emotions in his millions of fans based on his extra-musical relentless diatribe. By the looks of the upcoming Moz biopic England Is Mine(which is out now in the U.K. and hits U.S. theaters on Aug. 25), it seems easy to remember the former Smiths singer as the precocious Northern boy with big dreams and an even bigger vocabulary.

But while writer-director Mark Gill is keen on portraying the artist as boyish and meek Steven Patrick, the rest of us are stuck with the man known as Morrissey—the man of a million insults, a thousand enemies, and the biggest mouth in showbiz. To celebrate our love-hate relationship with The Pope Of Mope, here are eight of Moz’s most ridiculous big mouth moments."

I switched off after Pope of Mope.
Bored before I even began,
FWD.

To save the hassle and minus the editorial:

1. “I can smell burning flesh…and I hope to God it’s human.”
Said: On stage at Coachella in 2009

2. “In the U.K. we live under a Nazi regime.”
Said: On stage at Edgefield Amphitheater in Troutdale, Ore. in 2015

3. “It’s the refuge for the mentally deficient. It’s made by dull people for dull people.”
Said: About dance music to Details in 1992

4. “Robert Smith is a whingebag.”
Said: To NME in 1984

5. That James Baldwin T-Shirt
Seen: On Morrissey's website, but later removed

6. Suggesting Jamie Oliver eat his own kids
Seen: On Morrissey’s fan site True To You

“As for Brexit, the result was magnificent.”
Said: To Australia’s Faster Louder in 2016

8. “The Chinese are a subspecies.”
Said: to The Guardian in 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
you still haven't explained this to my daughter,?

that's daddy's job to explain these things. Anyways you shouldn't allow your daughters to converse with strangers, even insightful well meaning ones like myself. ;)

Last edited:
When people have differing opinions it's good, anyway off to read my book, have to get up early and pack for the next part of my hols!

Holiday in August LOL

The ant army of the EU cannot be choosers!

that's daddies job to explain these things. Anyways you shouldn't allow your daughters to converse with strangers, even insightful well meaning ones like myself. ;)

She can't understand why you would laugh at this, but in my mind I am ok, married, 3 lovely kids, couple of houses and happily retired

She can't get her head around why Anyone would have a problem with that?

Surface, if your daughter is really 13, then maybe she shouldn't be made to worry about any of your interactions or conversations with other adults. :( You guys should go enjoy the rest of your evening together! :catface:

She can't understand why you would laugh at this, but in my mind I am ok, married, 3 lovely kids, couple of houses and happily retired

She can't get her head around why Anyone would have a problem with that?

she's 13, when shes older maybe she'll be able to understand someone else's comments without someone needing to explain to her what it means, well, I hope so.

Anyways, I think it's really weird that you would drag your daughter into this.

One of M's favorites, and one of mine....

You know K-Ket how when people post links or clips or songs or trailers, people always just vote yay or nay, based on whether they already know that they like them or not? Well just fyi - I always click on them and watch them all the way through, if I'm going to press like on anything. Even if I know it already! And I don't know why, but it really tickles me that I do that! Well, I think it's because I'm sure no one else bothers to watch anything! :lbf: Anyway, this trailer's good. She's starts out looking pretty OK too, but then every periodically or so, the black crayoned eyebrows look like they're starting to try to make a RUN for it!! :lbf:

Hi, are you the village idiot and managed to get access to your carers computer?

Think him or her meant that cause of Brexit you brits can actually choose yourselves when to have your holidays in future. As it is now the union dictates that but surprisingly not in all countries who are in the EU.

No speech ! that's what we need.

All speech is offensive. I think we should all go back to grunting and throwing shit at each other, that way there would be no misunderstandings. ;)
Yes! Or become Dark Judges who punish life because life itself is a crime. I'll be Judge Fear.
latest

I'm surprised the Spencer fax comments aren't on here. What we know is pretty offensive.

Maybe they are not seen anymore as offensive as they were in the time it was revealed? Just guessing.
Or they are even more seen as offensive and they didn't want to bring it up again? Poor Moz has a hard time, let's just save him?

By the way, I noticed you didn't specify the offensive fax comments.
Only that what we know was and is offensive.

The only thing I will say that he can be very offended too and reacts accordingly and mean and he is not perfect and I must admit I have said offensive things too when insulted and angered.

Maybe they are not seen anymore as offensive as they were in the time it was revealed? Just guessing.
Or they are even more seen as offensive and they didn't want to bring it up again? Poor Moz has a hard time, let's just save him?

By the way, I noticed you didn't specify the offensive fax comments.
Only that what we know was and is offensive.

The only thing I will say that he can be very offended too and reacts accordingly and mean and he is not perfect and I must admit I have said offensive things too when insulted and angered.

Wut?

"Your loss Jew-boy" and another worse phrase Spencer won't reveal.

That's offensive.

Yes, I find it offensive too.

In a feud, and supposedly Spencer didn't want M to use a song he wrote, M got pissed... So the story goes.

I wonder if there is a link to a posting of these 'fax messages' ? I think everyone is just going on Spencer's word that the story is true. And Spencer seems to be a decent enough person, though making up stories like that would be one way to get back at your ex-boss.

In a feud, and supposedly Spencer didn't want M to use a song he wrote, M got pissed... So the story goes.

No the story goes, according to Spencer, that Spencer didn't want M to use a song he wrote without agreeing a royalty split in writing, because he felt he had been stiffed on his prior songwriting contributions.

Personally, I don't believe it, because any sort of meanness would be so unlike Morrissey.

If anyone thinks anything he has said so far has been offensive, just wait until he kicks the bucket.
I predict a perfect split between those who would air out the dirty laundry, and those who would say nothing but nice things out of loyalty.

I personally think a lot of his clunkers are misinterpreted black humor that would slay in normal conversation with friends, but when taken out of context, are horrible.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom