Morrissey's 8 Most Offensive Comments - Paste Magazine

Morrissey's 8 Most Offensive Comments - Paste
By Madison Bloom.

Excerpt:

"To love Morrissey is to occasionally hate him. No pop star in history has stirred such conflicted emotions in his millions of fans based on his extra-musical relentless diatribe. By the looks of the upcoming Moz biopic England Is Mine(which is out now in the U.K. and hits U.S. theaters on Aug. 25), it seems easy to remember the former Smiths singer as the precocious Northern boy with big dreams and an even bigger vocabulary.

But while writer-director Mark Gill is keen on portraying the artist as boyish and meek Steven Patrick, the rest of us are stuck with the man known as Morrissey—the man of a million insults, a thousand enemies, and the biggest mouth in showbiz. To celebrate our love-hate relationship with The Pope Of Mope, here are eight of Moz’s most ridiculous big mouth moments."

I switched off after Pope of Mope.
Bored before I even began,
FWD.

To save the hassle and minus the editorial:

1. “I can smell burning flesh…and I hope to God it’s human.”
Said: On stage at Coachella in 2009

2. “In the U.K. we live under a Nazi regime.”
Said: On stage at Edgefield Amphitheater in Troutdale, Ore. in 2015

3. “It’s the refuge for the mentally deficient. It’s made by dull people for dull people.”
Said: About dance music to Details in 1992

4. “Robert Smith is a whingebag.”
Said: To NME in 1984

5. That James Baldwin T-Shirt
Seen: On Morrissey's website, but later removed

6. Suggesting Jamie Oliver eat his own kids
Seen: On Morrissey’s fan site True To You

“As for Brexit, the result was magnificent.”
Said: To Australia’s Faster Louder in 2016

8. “The Chinese are a subspecies.”
Said: to The Guardian in 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone thinks anything he has said so far has been offensive, just wait until he kicks the bucket.
I predict a perfect split between those who would air out the dirty laundry, and those who would say nothing but nice things out of loyalty.

I personally think a lot of his clunkers are misinterpreted black humor that would slay in normal conversation with friends, but when taken out of context, are horrible.

'and those who would say nothing but nice things out of loyalty.'

or say nice things simply because there are nice things to be said about him.

In 1992, the singer was quoted in Q Magazine stating that he did not want to be "horrible or pessimistic", but he didn't "really think, for instance, black people and white people will ever really get on or like each other. I don't really think they ever will."
He really was just speaking the distilled truth. It's really not a choice of both groups though, as everyone should know by now...

He really was just speaking the distilled truth. It's really not a choice of both groups though, as everyone should know by now...
"both groups"
"both" "groups"
There are two then, of these "groups" and everyone in each group will never get along with anyone in the other?
The problem with this way of thinking is that there are not two groups. The groups only exist at all according to how you would define them. The more specifically and clearly you begin to define them the more groups you wind up with until ultimately you have billions of individuals and no groups at all.
Is every "white" person part of a group called "whites?" And every one of them is the same?
And every "black" person is uniformly part of the group called "blacks?" They are all the same.
No one from either of these groups has ever or will ever get along?
Can you see how ridiculous his statement is when it is examined?
And when you call it the distilled truth it reminds me of his recent pronouncement that he just says "what we all say in private."
Imagining that your beliefs are "what we all say in private" is delusional at best. Does he have the hearing of Superman? Or maybe he can read minds?
You may agree with him and you may consider your unexamined beliefs to be the distilled truth, but in fact it's an opinion based on nonsense as I tried to show. There are not two groups of different colored people. There are billions of individuals.

'and those who would say nothing but nice things out of loyalty.'

or say nice things simply because there are nice things to be said about him.
Because they are Mozbots who "like" every nonsensical thing he says and "dislike" any opinions to the contrary because if we start to really look at the things he has said we may have to reconsider some of our own ideas.

"both groups"
"both" "groups"
There are two then, of these "groups" and everyone in each group will never get along with anyone in the other?
The problem with this way of thinking is that there are not two groups. The groups only exist at all according to how you would define them. The more specifically and clearly you begin to define them the more groups you wind up with until ultimately you have billions of individuals and no groups at all.
Is every "white" person part of a group called "whites?" And every one of them is the same?
And every "black" person is uniformly part of the group called "blacks?" They are all the same.
No one from either of these groups has ever or will ever get along?
Can you see how ridiculous his statement is when it is examined?
And when you call it the distilled truth it reminds me of his recent pronouncement that he just says "what we all say in private."
Imagining that your beliefs are "what we all say in private" is delusional at best. Does he have the hearing of Superman? Or maybe he can read minds?
You may agree with him and you may consider your unexamined beliefs to be the distilled truth, but in fact it's an opinion based on nonsense as I tried to show. There are not two groups of different colored people. There are billions of individuals.
Not really disagreeing with this, thanks for presenting your perspective.

Last edited:
Its offensive when "people" slaughter innocent bulls in sick blood sport games for pleasure , in fact its absolutely disgusting! :(
Morrissey is mearly a messenger , why not address the REAL issuse, NOT dissect and destroy the words of a beautiful spirit trying 2 help and heal the world !

Because they are Mozbots who "like" every nonsensical thing he says and "dislike" any opinions to the contrary because if we start to really look at the things he has said we may have to reconsider some of our own ideas.

yes, you may have to reconsider some of your ideas.

Conclusion: this stupid article and this thread are both very offensive.

A lot of people's commentaries could be considered offensive if they are taken out of context, unless you are extremely politically correct and say nothing, which seems to be the best trait of the new ideal global personality. That is, a lot of "correct" words and phrases and nothing of value to communicate. We live in the era of the idolization of uncompromised words. The less compromised you are, the better person you become under the light of media and public opinion. If you want to sell your product you must mute your thoughts. It seems it's better if you are a soulless puppet.

f*** off!, as Uncle S would say, those are only words, take care of arms and bombs that kill people, of politics that subject lives, of terrorism, take care of real problems.

Last edited:
Because it's a f***ing shitstorm. Supported by Nazis. LOL.

It's wonderful, supported by those who don't want their lives controlled by an unelected junta based in a foreign country.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom