Morrissey's blog!

Is it really going to happen??!! :pray::pray::pray:

The Music Slut says so!!!! http://musicslut.blogspot.com/2008/05/morrissey-to-start-official-blog.html
Morrissey To Start Official Blog

If I were you...

I'd keep my eyes peeled here.

A proper announcement is expected sometime this week.

Are we sure they've not just read the recent front page story and run with it? The 'official' blog page has been there for ages, but nothing's happened with it, although as always I'd be pleasantly surprised it it were to happen.

Peter

If this happens it will kick copious amounts of ass.
So much ass that it makes it nearly impossible for it to happen because there's just not enough ass in existence.

Don't hold yer breath.

Last edited:
that would be great..i found his q+a at true to you and also his tourdiary 2006
http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_060907_01
he wrote and also got posted on julias site very entertaining...not to forget his entertaining letters he wrote to robert mackie...its would be an ideal organ to wrote about his dealings with touring record company,writing about music he likes and wants to promote (like his letters to the music press in the late 70ties)etc...of all artists he is the ideal person to write a blog..even when i wasnt a morrissey fan like i am that would be absolutely capitivating
even though i think it would be more like once in a month thing than a weekly update

Last edited:
I thought the blog was for fan blogs not a blog written by Morrissey.

hey all

this is matt from the music slut

just fyi, i did initially get the story from m-s but received confirmation yesterday that the site will go live by the end of may...

fingers crossed

m

hey all

just fyi, i did initially get the story from m-s but received confirmation yesterday that the site will go live by the end of may...

fingers crossed

m

gracie;)

I'll never forget reading his Q&A the first time. I was so impressed. He could mindlessly talk about nothing and it would be wildly entertaining. "Today I woke up and had a scone..." Whatever, it would be nice to hear his thoughts. DAILY.

hey all

fingers crossed

m

Wow if they were correct that means this week! :D

I kind of figured there was some truth in the original item on the main page. For one thing it was sort of "hidden" and I still can't figure out how the first person found it on itsmorrisseysworld b/c I sure couldn't (not that I spent much time trying, but I did halfheartedly look for it).

And also, part of the url was "je suis morrissey," and that seemed like a little too much thought went into it for this to just be a thing that's automatically generated as part of standard website design.

Morrissey's blog is a nice idea but only if they keep updating it. Too many artists' blogs have faded away after the initial excitement wears off and they can't be bothered with them anymore.

Agreed. I'm a little leery about it. I’d hate to see it set up for failure. He needs stable management first.

I'll never forget reading his Q&A the first time. I was so impressed. He could mindlessly talk about nothing and it would be wildly entertaining. "Today I woke up and had a scone..." Whatever, it would be nice to hear his thoughts. DAILY.

Once a month would be fine with me. I might be one of the only ones who wouldn’t want daily blog notes. Too much exposure. I’d like him to remain more private, intruiging and mysterious.

Once a month would be fine with me. I might be one of the only ones who wouldn’t want daily blog notes. Too much exposure. I’d like him to remain more private, intruiging and mysterious.

Once a month isn't a blog though, it's more like a newsletter. A blog is current thoughts and observations. At least tri-weekly.

hey all

fingers crossed

m
*jumping up and down* Thanks Matt, my fingers & toes are crossed!

Wow if they were correct that means this week! :D
I know, I know! Only a few more days left in May!!! (Claudia2006, can you hear me squealing like I did when Pregs showed me the pics on her camera phone? I'm not even drunk this time :p :D)

Obviously he'll do it however he wants, but I think a lot of celebrity blogs go south because their famous authors start off all gung-ho and then realize they don't have the time or desire to keep it up.

Keep it to a certain (shortish) length and do it periodically rather than randomly. Are ya listenin' Mozzer!?

Can't wait to read it.

*jumping up and down* Thanks Matt, my fingers & toes are crossed!

I know, I know! Only a few more days left in May!!! (Claudia2006, can you hear me squealing like I did when Pregs showed me the pics on her camera phone? I'm not even drunk this time :p :D)

LMAO!!!! Yes! :D

I just read the tour blog in True To You and found myself chortling- what it must FEEL LIKE to be M. I'd gladly pay to read these blogs daily.

I cant really see him doing it,what I could see is another form of promotion,or way of releasing news.maybe a "blog" but ghost written by someone from the record company,more along the lines of the statements that at posted on true to you,and I don't see it being kept up well,his myspace page has never really been run well.

Back
Top Bottom