Morrissey's demands list for Israel concert

Olympia is as bad as any, I think.

Hey, PBR is not bad. It's all my bro in law drinks so when we visit, it's what we drink. I've come to enjoy er, tolerate it :p I'm so not a beer snob.

God, I despise Corona. The piss of all beers except for Pabst Blue Ribbon and King Cobra. Corona is the only beer that makes me ill. I'm stickng with Bass.

Pabst is pretty good for the price! Plus, it was Dennis Hopper's choice in Blue Velvet.

[YouTube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/snhiofL2Rh4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/snhiofL2Rh4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YouTube]

We drink Steel Reserve 211 here in Cleveland. Well, I mostly drink scotch, but Two-Elevens to keep the buzz going.....

Last edited:
http://www.vegetarian-gourmet.com/fishy_fanta.html

Vegetarians shouldn't drink Fanta as it contains fish.:eek:

Well, shure, that statement from that website could be as true as it is false. I have never heard of that before, neither from well informed vegans or vegetarians. And I don't see any sustainable sources for this information or anything, only some text on a background. Nothing proves anything with this. You can't belive evreything that you read.

I dont like anything spicier than medium, and chinese hot mustard. But to have absolutely no spices is pretty boring.

Of course I don't know Morrissey's motives for his backstage rider requests, but I suspect the "no spice" thing may be related to his singing.

My best friend was an opera singer, and if you've ever spent any time around people whose voices are the center of their being, you know that they are hyper-aware of anything that could adversely effect their vocal performance. Spicy foods are just no good for someone who is about to sing.

I wonder if Morrissey is as nonchalant as he pretends to be about his voice.

Well, shure, that statement from that website could be as true as it is false. I have never heard of that before, neither from well informed vegans or vegetarians. And I don't see any sustainable sources for this information or anything, only some text on a background. Nothing proves anything with this. You can't belive evreything that you read.

Really, never heard of it? Fanta use gelatin based on fish and this is certainly nothing unusual. Gelatin is used for clarification of many juices and beers and even some spirits. The special kind of gelatin extracted from fish is isinglass and comes from it's swim bladder is in fact one of the oldest sources of gelatin and is today mostly used in wines and beers. This is the reason some beers are labeled "suitable for vegetarians".

This is no secret; "There's only a small part that's based on fish. Perhaps some milligram per litre." /Peter Bodor, Coca Cola company.

Here's Livsmedelsverkets list (in Swedish of course) of E-nrs to worry about if you wish:
http://www.slv.se/templates/SLV_Page.aspx?id=14049&epslanguage=SV

Last edited:
Really, never heard of it? Fanta use gelatin based on fish and this is certainly nothing unusual. Gelatin is used for clarification of many juices and beers and even some spirits. The special kind of gelatin extracted from fish is isinglass and comes from it's swim bladder is in fact one of the oldest sources of gelatin and is today mostly used in wines and beers. This is the reason some beers are labeled "suitable for vegetarians".

This is no secret; "There's only a small part that's based on fish. Perhaps some milligram per litre." /Peter Bodor, Coca Cola company.

Here's Livsmedelsverkets list (in Swedish of course) of E-nrs to worry about if you wish:
http://www.slv.se/templates/SLV_Page.aspx?id=14049&epslanguage=SV

Well thank you for providing me with a trustable source. At first it sounded a bit fishy if you know what I mean. Cheers.

"Don't think it's hugely demanding compared to some that you see." - QUOTE

I agree. I just saw a rider recently, don't remember whose, that said the M&M's had to be separated according to color.:confused::eek:

That was Van Halen but they only specified that because they knew if there were brown M&Ms in the bowl, the venue hadn't read the rider closely enough and there'd almost inevitably be other, more serious problems with the setup.

I put Tabasco on most shit I eat, too. Though sometimes just the milder garlic one (which is especially good in tuna!). I've never had the guts to try the habanero one.

You're missing out Brah!

tapatio.jpg

Got Moz?

moz drinking milk triggers a memory of the lovely shirt a member of this forum ( mel torment ?)did wear to a morrissey concert..she photoshoped the what difference pic of moz hlding thr milk glass and printed GOT MOZ?(which of xcourse refers to the famous GOT MILK? advert;)
i liked this a lot and want to recreate it but the photoshop told me they couldnt print a pic on a dark background...uh?i have seen a black hoodie with the arsenal cover on the back (selfmade)
-quiffaa it wasnt that you at the edinburgh quarry night-right?)
so i wonder ..why he isnt able to print a pic on a dark background?

I didn't wear it at a concert, but I happened to be wearing it in this story where I ran into Moz about a week before the Oye Esteban tour started.

You should be able to make this shirt yourself on a dark fabric, but you need an opaque transfer specifically for dark fabrics. I've used Avery - about $12 US at a retail shop for a 5-pack. Just be gentle when you wash it, and don't use a machine to dry it.

If you don't like the conventional opaque cheap iron-on transfers, this t-shirt forum has additional advice. Need advice? Nobody ever looks at you twice? ;)

I think Mozzer's "demands" are fairly modest and reasonable. A promoter doesn't have to agree to the entire rider. Sometimes the rider is just an exercise in seeing what they can get; sometimes it's serious and non-negotiable. I've seen a promoter cross out or amend the list and then fax it back to the artist's rep, who then usually agrees. I remember a local band who got signed to a major label coming to the uni with a Spinal Tap-esque rider, and our events coordinator responded with, "Uh, I think we can provide some sammiches." And they had to make do with that. :D

I didn't wear it at a concert, but I happened to be wearing it in this story where I ran into Moz about a week before the Oye Esteban tour started.
uh? didnt you wear it at one of the roundhouse gigs i swear i saw this particular shirt there ...worn by you..
thnks for the tip with the shirts

Last edited:
shirts

uh? didnt you wear it at one of the roundhouse gigs i swear i saw this particular shirt there ...worn by you..
thnks for the tip with the shirts

I think I may have worn Morrissey's Greatest Tits shirt one of the nights in January, but I am certain I did NOT wear Got Moz? shirt at any of the Roundhouse gigs because the Got Moz? shirt is practically in tatters by now.

Oh, I know...on the back of the Greatest Tits shirt is the What Diff. cover with All You Need Is M -- Got Moz? on it. I put it on the back so that anyone unfortunate enough to get a view of my back would at least be entertained for a few seconds.

The shirt Moz saw me wearing back in '99 during a random meeting had a large image of the What Diff. cover on the front. I used 4 transfer sheets to make it. One of the edges overlapped by 1/4", so that's why I was embarrassed about it not being executed perfectly.

You're welcome for the tips. Happy shirt-designing! :D

Last edited:
Re: shirts

Oh, I know...on the back of the Greatest Tits shirt is the What Diff. cover with All You Need Is M -- Got Moz? on it. I put it on the back so that anyone unfortunate enough to get a view of my back would at least be entertained for a few seconds.

yes that was it!......
oh can i just compliment you just on that interesting website: "morrissey and camp"
you created...i posted the link somewhere in that thread-side 2 i guess
http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=88178

What? No Kit Kats? Sacrilege! :D ( I've always preferred Fiji water even though it's damned expensive. I was stopped by a federale in Tijuana for carrying a bottle of Fiji around. Because of its square shape, I guess it looked like a liquor bottle.

50g quality vegetarian cheddar cheese from Ireland or New Zealand.[

But what's up with the New Zealand cheese? I can't name a single type of Kiwi cheese.
i live of cheese..so i would be very interested to know which brand these are...i have never seen them here... maybe the quaility is soo good because of the nutrient grass there?:p

IAlso:corona? Jesus Moz, have a bit of taste, please!
hmm have heard that anti corona dissing quite a lot...whats so bad about it..compared to others?Im no beer expert,you see;-)

This is exactly like the list that was leaked a few years ago, so no surprise really. He seems to exist on tea, bread and breakfast cereal.
Whatever. People's riders have been published forever. In fact, this isn't even the first time Moz has had one posted online.r.
thnks very much for the link of the otherrider from the oslo 2004concert;):)

once again davdavon thnks for the edffort in translating the lior ashkenazi, and gal uchowsky interview as well as this!

Last edited:
Tags
israel rider
Back
Top Bottom