Morrissey's Dick Gregory death statement - SER Photography / Facebook

On SER's Facebook

"Dick Gregory, America's last hope, dies, aged 84.
He knew how all aspects of the human condition connect to politics.
He was a man of thought and a man of action, when most of us cannot manage to be just one of either. He worked breathlessly - work, words, deeds. He demanded for all what was snatched by the few. He disturbed the White House, and he was too quick for the American print media. They will be pleased that he now ceases to be amongst us ... as we are left with earth-threatening Trump, who will race into war in search of peace."

Morrissey
20 August 2017
Switzerland.

40559_dick_gregory_morrissey.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
nah, M is more complicated than that. Consider ....

"We never have Anne Sexton or James Baldwin types running the country. They'd make far too much sense." - Morrissey, List of the Lost.

:thumb:
You mean you read that book? Surely life is too short? I gave up after 15 pages.

there's plenty of videos on youtube. Interesting person.

Reminds me a lot of my elderly neighbour shortly before he started shitting himself, falling down the stairs, complaining about how terrible a Prime Ministrr Anthony Eden is, inviting me to go union busting again "like we did in the forties" and was carted off to a home in a private ambulance.

Reminds me a lot of my elderly neighbour shortly before he started shitting himself, falling down the stairs, complaining about how terrible a Prime Ministrr Anthony Eden is, inviting me to go union busting again "like we did in the forties" and was carted off to a home in a private ambulance.

An elderly person deserves respect, even more when he has recently passed away. He is being mourned for a lot of people right now.

You mean you read that book? Surely life is too short? I gave up after 15 pages.

life is very long, when you're...

What? you gave up ? ADD? I thought you would have a longer attention span being the old old old man that you are? ;)

kidding aside, I don't own a copy yet. I'm waiting for the sequel so I can read them back to back and drown happily in the powerful prose of the one and only STEVEN PATRICK MORRISSEY ! :rock: :thumb:

and the privilege of knowing him surely was all yours. ;) :thumb:

life is very long, when you're...

What? you gave up ? ADD? I thought you would have a longer attention span being the old old old man that you are? ;)

kidding aside, I don't own a copy yet. I'm waiting for the sequel so I can read them back to back and drown happily in the powerful prose of the one and only STEVEN PATRICK MORRISSEY ! :rock: :thumb:
I'm made of plastic so I think I have a few thousand years ahead of me even if most of that will be spent in a landfill. On a more positive note I read Lol Tolhurst's biography recently about his time with The Cure and beyond The Cure. So I know I can finish a book. The photos in the middle might have helped though!

I'm made of plastic so I think I have a few thousand years ahead of me even if most of that will be spent in a landfill. On a more positive note I read Lol Tolhurst's biography recently about his time with The Cure and beyond The Cure. So I know I can finish a book. The photos in the middle might have helped though!

how did you get through that? you must have done it Clockwork Orange style with your eyes pried open ! though, yes, pictures always help. ;)

An elderly person deserves respect, even more when he has recently passed away. He is being mourned for a lot of people right now.
True that, but for my own reasons I am not feeling feeling any admiration like the others do.

The poor little 7 year old killed by IS pigs in Barcelona also deserves respect. Every life does. His was just beginning. You'll never hear Moz express any empathy for Julian Cadman.
Sorry I just got serious there for a minute. I take your point about respecting the elderly deceased.

On SER's Facebook

"Dick Gregory, America's last hope, dies, aged 84.
He knew how all aspects of the human condition connect to politics.
He was a man of thought and a man of action, when most of us cannot manage to be just one of either. He worked breathlessly - work, words, deeds. He demanded for all what was snatched by the few. He disturbed the White House, and he was too quick for the American print media. They will be pleased that he now ceases to be amongst us ... as we are left with earth-threatening Trump, who will race into war in search of peace."

Morrissey
20 August 2017
Switzerland.

40559_dick_gregory_morrissey.jpg

Sorry to piss on this photo but ! Is that a blood red leather Chesterfield sofa in the background ? :eek:

#yet-more-non-vegan-evidence :rolleyes:
#why-do-these-pics-only-surface-upon-death?
#when-is-the-album-coming-out-Steve?
#Bruce Forsyth ? You stupid wanker !

England is not yours ! It doesn't owe you a living
Take your place with Margaret Thatcher and die. (You deserve each other )

#we:heartssuit:Rome/BaroneRAffaele

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

What the f*** would "going union busting" be? I can salute bullshitting, but only if you pay a modicum of attention to detail.

What the f*** would "going union busting" be? I can salute bullshitting, but only if you pay a modicum of attention to detail.

It's a true story. My neighbour started to lose the plot after a fall just before Chrietnas 2015. After he came out of hospital the first time I kept an eye on him as his family lived quite a way away.

One day I went to check on him and he started reminiscing about the days he and I used to go strike breaking in the years following WWII. As I hadn't been born and in the twenty years I knew him he was never more than five feet three inches tall I thought we would make poor tough guys.

I asked his brother-in-law about it the next time I saw him and he was as mystified as I was, but did say he had worked at the London docks for a short while. We never found out what he meant and if he indeed had an intriguing past.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom