Morrissey's Dick Gregory death statement - SER Photography / Facebook

On SER's Facebook

"Dick Gregory, America's last hope, dies, aged 84.
He knew how all aspects of the human condition connect to politics.
He was a man of thought and a man of action, when most of us cannot manage to be just one of either. He worked breathlessly - work, words, deeds. He demanded for all what was snatched by the few. He disturbed the White House, and he was too quick for the American print media. They will be pleased that he now ceases to be amongst us ... as we are left with earth-threatening Trump, who will race into war in search of peace."

Morrissey
20 August 2017
Switzerland.

40559_dick_gregory_morrissey.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna tell y'all some ting now. HUGH !
Shhhh. . . Keep dis shit quite now you here me ? HUGH ! HUGH !
Nobody know dis shit but there's TWO ! ! !
Two mother-fkin Osama Bin Laden's you know ! HUGH !
I'm telling you mother-4ckrs are you 4KIN hearing me ? HUGH ! HUUUUUGH !
There's the one that lives at the bottom of the 4kin sea.
And there's one that wears a 4kin grey suite and a 4kin baseball cap, no shit ! HUGH !
ARE YOU 4KIN LISTENING TO WHAT AM A SAYIN YOU STOOPID MOTHER 4KR ? HUGH ! HUGH !

#we:heartssuit:Rome/BaroneRAffaele

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

That's all ya can say about the great Mr. Gregory? Take the time to find out about him instead.
I realize it's not fair to judge him by some interview clips he made late in his life. I guess if the FBI tried to have me killed I'd be paranoid, too. But he went from being a serious, respected voice for much needed social change to shouting insane theories about the deaths of pop stars. It's unfortunate.

Same FBI (or CIA, when it comes to all this nonsense, does it really matter?) agent that shot JFK and RFK tried to off the Dick Gregory. Probably by using funny comedy. LOL

Same FBI (or CIA, when it comes to all this nonsense, does it really matter?) agent that shot JFK and RFK tried to off the Dick Gregory. Probably by using funny comedy. LOL

J. Edgar Hoover saw Dick Gregory as a threat. So he schemed to have the Mafia ‘neutralize’ the comic.

For saying things like this:
“I feel that the two party system is obsolete,” he said in another 1968 interview. “The two party system is so corrupt and immoral, they cannot solve the problems confronting the masses of the people in this country.”

This is what happened:
According to a 1978 account in The Washington Post, a month after Gregory’s 1968 appearance at UCLA, Hoover sent a memo to Martin W. Johnson, the head of the Chicago FBI office, instructing the agent to “develop counterintelligence measure to neutralize” the comedian.
“Gregory has traveled all over the country preaching black nationalist extremism, hatred and violence,” Hoover wrote. “Gregory uses his reputation as a … comedian to insure his vitriolic statements are reported by the press. He has made personal attacks on the President of the United States and the director of the FBI and on FBI agents.”

but they used to conduct surveillance on artists, writers, even comedians. Even John Steinbeck was considered a threat to national security just because of books like Grapes Of Wrath.

LOL
Maybe the Mob realized Gregory was God and passed on the contract.
For sure, FBI 0 for 2. Fidel and Dick Gregory 2 and 0.

I realize it's not fair to judge him by some interview clips he made late in his life. I guess if the FBI tried to have me killed I'd be paranoid, too. But he went from being a serious, respected voice for much needed social change to shouting insane theories about the deaths of pop stars. It's unfortunate.

Here's to ya for takin' some time to learn about Mr. Gregory. Nothin' he said was unfortunate to The Wild Turkey. Please remember that these interviews are two hours long. There's alotta wisdom there.

No again you're not understanding. It's in context of the discussion at hand between M and the interviewer, you can read what he means. Here is a re-post to help clarify.....

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
JFC

Well in context of the interview, they were discussing the barbaric cruelty of animals by people in China.
In that context, he was talking about those people in China that he assumes are Chinese that are causing these cruelties against animals. So I guess we'll read it how we want. But keep in mind, I don't think M would have called these Chinese a sub-species if he and the interviewer were talking about say the traditional opera music of China or whatever.

i get how he meant it. to me it sounds like a sort of reflex reaction: when you see it you cant help but feel. i think that's understandable. now intellectually he may think differently and not consider the chinese a subspecies at all. i read this thing once that said that those who are the most anti-racist are often the ones who are quickest to use racist slurs when offended by someone of a different race, like muttering "n*****" when a black person cuts them off driving. it doesnt mean that these people are latent racists, just that a persons reflex reactions dont always accurately represent their philosophy. for example, im very anti-death penalty but when i read a story about someone who tortured and abused their five year old child or something like that the first thing i think is: i want that person to die. if you heard me in that instant you would think that i was pro death penalty. but i only allow myself to think that out of outrage, while still knowing intellectually that i dont really want that.

Michael Jackson was killed by a laser.

I was quite upset about Dick Gregory's death. I think Dick Gregory did really try to help Michael Jackson when MJ was alive.

I guess we (the general public) will probably never know the real truth about Michael Jackson's death/murder as it has been covered up. It is really so sad.

I didn't realise Morrissey had a connection with Dick Gregory.

Is that Bruce Lee on Morrissey's top?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom