Morrissey's U.S. Tour Cancelled - Pitchfork

@kiasuchick and modrevolve send the link:

Morrissey's U.S. Tour Cancelled - Pitchfork
By Mark Richardson on March 15, 2013 at 09:40 p.m.

Following several reports of Morrissey cancelling shows due to illness, Moz has officially cancelled the remainder of his North American tour. A press release reads:

The remaining dates of the Morrissey U.S. North American tour have officially been pulled down due to medical reasons. The singer has suffered a series of medical mishaps over the past few months including a bleeding ulcer, Barrett's esophagus and double pneumonia.

Despite his best efforts to try to continue touring, Morrissey has to take a hiatus and will not be able to continue on the rest of the tour. Morrissey thanks all of his fans for their well wishes and thoughts. Refunds for the remaining shows are available at point of purchase.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
hug2.gif

Re: Morrissey's U.S. Tour Cancelled - Pitchfork

Get better dickhead. Like I said before maybe 1 or 2 shows a week or stop 'touring'. You obviously can't handle it. Hang on to your tickets!!!

Finally, he should've done it with the ulcer issue, Morrissey has been touring too long, I'm deeply sorry for all USA regalars and people who where waiting and srapping every day from the calender till ' their' gig, I know how it feels, lots know how it feels, his setlists in the USA was one of the best from his whole solo tours.

I hope he takes a rest for a year, I'm possitive about a new album coming, and looking out for his biography.

Get well Morrissey.

We love you, Morrissey. Please get the rest you need - your health comes first! We will wait for you! ♥

I will have memories of Seattle and Portland to hold me over until you return. I bought tickets for SLC two nights ago in hopes of a speedy recovery, but I know better. I am over 40 and it takes a good amount of rest just to recover from a basic cold sometimes! Eat your fruits and veggies and get lots of sleep and sun(my motherly advise, sometimes confused with nagging). Sending love to you and your band(they are kick ass, solid, and rockin!) xoxoxo

I hope he recovers soon and fully, but I also hope he accepts that he wouldn't have without medicines and treatments developed and tested on animals.

Nooooooo! I have this feeling I will never get to see him live. Including postponed and cancelled shows, my record is now 0-5. Feel blessed if you have had the experience of seeing him. Maybe someday.

Moz needs to rest and get healthy. He has so much more to contribute...

Looking foward to seeing Johnny at the Varsity next month in Minneapolis!

Hallelujah. Rest comfortably, Moz.

Take a bow "Ambitious Insider" you predicted this way back in January at the early stage of the tour (Can somebody dig it up and post it again).
There was a line in it like 'Morrissey will be left asking questions of himself '

Pony-the-tony

This saddens me..get well Moz

Good, frankly. This nostalgia tour (with a couple of rubbish new songs) was no good for anyone (apart from Morrissey's ego) although I am sorry for those of you who had tickets.
Morrissey needs to take some time away from the live circuit, and the public eye more generally. Try and reclaim a little mystique, stop issuing idiotic statements to the world's media, and go away and write some seriously good songs even if it means patching things up with Street, Whyte or Cobrin. It's 5 years since YOR was written and if the best he's been able to produce after all that time is Action Is My Middle Name and People Are The Same, he really does need to go back to the drawing board.

Oh dear, Oh dear man!! Sorry to hear about your poor health. You take care of yourself and get well soon!!! London is missing you! All the VERY best!

Get better dickhead. Like I said before maybe 1 or 2 shows a week or stop 'touring'. You obviously can't handle it. Hang on to your tickets!!!

So the bread has'nt worked this time has it ?
Boz and co have had a right good jolly on this, well done lads money for nothing and yer kicks for free !
It just shows you really that there's a lot to be said about eating meat, living a healthy lifestyle and not getting all bitter and twisted with life.
You can forget future tours now he is now un-insurable as well as conract-less.
On a different note you might not have heard but the Falkland Islands ? A referendum on political status was held in the Falkland Islands on 10–11 March 2013. The Falkland Islanders were asked whether or not they supported the continuation of their status as an Overseas Territory of the United Kingdom in view of Argentina's call for negotiations on the islands' sovereignty.
On a turnout of 92%, 99.8% voted to remain a British territory, with only three votes against. So bigmouth was wrong on that stupid outburst was'nt he ?

The Queen is on the mend and Kate is bloomming in her pregnancy' the champagne is on ice for the Royal birthday.

Oh and Morrissey has lost the plot as well as a huge chunk of his followers.

Royalty 8 points . . . . . . . . . . . Morrissey 0 points

Als well

Isn't it time the whistle was blown on this whole charade

Finally, he should've done it with the ulcer issue, Morrissey has been touring too long, I'm deeply sorry for all USA regalars and people who where waiting and srapping every day from the calender till ' their' gig, I know how it feels, lots know how it feels, his setlists in the USA was one of the best from his whole solo tours.

I hope he takes a rest for a year, I'm possitive about a new album coming, and looking out for his biography.

Get well Morrissey.

Thanks, celibate. It feels horrible. Our man will return healthy promoting that new album!

His health really is more important. What are a handful of shows after oh so many? Get BEST, not just better, Morrissey.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom