Most expensive collectible items? 3 categories - 1. Smiths 2. Morrissey 3. 1-of-a-kind Items

A

Anononono

What is the most expensive SmithsMorrissey rarity or collectible item you have bought?? Or know someone has paid via an auction or eBay or Morrissey-solo Market Place?

From the Omega Auction, Item #288 sold for £5000 ($6232) not including fees- THIS could be the highest price ever paid! Correct me if I am wrong?
Item # 288 - THE SMITHS HATFUL OF HOLLOW SLEEVE DESIGN HAND DRAWN BY MORRISSEY - Actually sold for £6,400 ($7990) with fees.
Full list here.

Given the recent sale/high prices paid for rarities from Geoff Travis (Omega Auction), I wonder if a list can be compiled for the most collectible items by highest price paid in this thread?? Surely the Omega Auction has created some new high prices, as well as new 1-of-a-kind items.
Listing the top 10 or 20 items by highest prices paid could create a benchmark for collectors. I suggest 3 Categories:
1. Smiths
2. Morrissey
3. 1-of-a-kind Items

Any & all input appreciated.

It sold for £5,000 tho, that’s the official price.

it’s still the highest sold I know of.

My Barcelona poster is one of the highest recored too, at £3,000. Some Reel Around The Fountains have matched that. (And maybe surpassed, privately)

Hand In Glove Negatives, have done £4,000

A couple of my items are amongst the highest recorded on eBay..

The Smiths - “Hong Kong” LP, 1984 Debut with orange titles. March 2018, sold for £1,869, or $2,400, if you’re American.

St. Austell poster, done £1,221 ($1,568)

another high one that springs to mind is an RTD25 promo for £1,500. (Was a beauty to be fair with an unusual splatter effect)

So you own a Barcelona Poster? - assume extremely HTF. I imagine only a handful exist??
I would consider most of what you mention above extremely rare to 1-of-a-kind items with the exception of "The Smith's" LPs. Just wondering where do these rarer items get sold - Ebay? Msolo Mkt Place? Discogs? Omega Auctions? Christies?

I believe this was the last update (?) to the Record Collector rarities list.
2k was the highest value there.
I'm sure the market value of a lot of things has changed since and the Omega auction needs to be factored in for part of any future update.
Regards,
FWD.

Below are the combined results of Both Omega Geoff Travis Auctions. It would be very cool if this could be kept alive in spreadsheet format on Morrissey-Solo; updated regularly; merge this list "cordcollectormag.com/articles/the-smiths-top-100-rarities";add a column for item picture(s) etc. Anyone interested? Agree? Open to ideas to help and maintain a live file going forward on Morrissey-solo.

THE GEOFF TRAVIS ARCHIVE - THE SMITHS - MORRISSEY TOUR MEMORABILIA

Geoff Travis Omega Auction Separate & Combined Results 6/30/2020 Excel
There are a few more items to go today (9th) - around lot 830.
FWD.

Updated link with today's Auction Results - Below are the combined results of Both Omega Geoff Travis Auctions. It would be very cool if this could be kept alive in spreadsheet format on Morrissey-Solo; updated regularly; merge this list "cordcollectormag.com/articles/the-smiths-top-100-rarities";add a column for item picture(s) etc. Anyone interested? Agree? Open to ideas to help and maintain a live file going forward on Morrissey-solo. THE GEOFF TRAVIS ARCHIVE - THE SMITHS - MORRISSEY TOUR MEMORABILIA

How much has Geoff made so far?

How much has Geoff made so far?
A Facebook group suggested about £114,430 (I haven't the will to check if accurate or if today's bits are included).
Someone can check via the spreadsheet :)
FWD.

A Facebook group suggested about £114,430 (I haven't the will to check if accurate or if today's bits are included).
Someone can check via the spreadsheet :)
FWD.
Phew ££££££

Back
Top Bottom