Most expensive TWWL cassette

I use a proxy bidder, more for the fact that I don't want to stay up all night hitting refresh. I just want to put my highest bid in and forget about it, but yeah it does seem to be just two people going head to head in this one. I still can't work out why it went for so much, but that's what happens when you get locked in a bidding war. All common sense seems to go out the window.

Last edited:
I use a proxy bidder, more for the fact that I don't want to stay up all night hitting refresh. I want you just put my highest bid in and forget about it, but yeah it does seem to be just two people going head to head in this one. I still can't work out why it went for so much, but that's what happens when you get locked in a bidding war. All common sense seems to go out the window.

Thanks - and good point regarding bidding wars at auctions! But that's why recent observations and comments by (the usually very insightful) Ordinary Boy and Roky in answer to people asking how much things could be worth, are not too accurate (whereby they advise starting a listing at 0.99 and achieving its true value / heavily slating the B.I.N. option as inaccurate or unhealthy etc). The whole premise of ebay auctions is flawed for numerous reasons. Shill bidding, seller reputation, item description / embellishment etc etc could all affect final selling price. And as we know, there are some bad people on the rise....

However, I do believe there's room for both auction listing and buy it now options in such marketplaces. If two or more people are happy to battle it out in a climactic bidding frenzy that's all good for them (and perhaps the seller), as several recent Omega and ebay auctions have shown. As we know, other sellers may then try and jump on the final selling price bandwagon with an inflated fixed price listing, but it'd be down to the collector to deem whether they wish to purchase instantaneously or to hold out to find the item in a better deal. Curiously, that tends to be the conclusion I generally reach after perusing ebay seller rc-media's online stores.

Couple of Spanish Hatful Of Hollow Cassettes. Not sure if the one on top has a different colour label, or it’s just discoloured over time. Anyone got one to compare?

1D8CF4D0-1E46-4F73-A3FA-2D4E96EB4950.jpeg

Where has this fascination with collecting cassettes come from? seem to be everywhere at the minute, and mad money.

Where has this fascination with collecting cassettes come from? seem to be everywhere at the minute, and mad money.

Not sure, suppose its like any area of collecting, once you start, you can't stop. It's a fresh experience for me, i've always spotted them over the years but never really fancied them, but once my record collection was pretty full, i got bored. It's just freshened things up for me a bit, and some of them are really interesting and quirky, plus they're low maintenance, durable, easy to store. I get super stressy with vinyl maintenance and storage, always trying new sleeves, inner bags, and storage boxes etc. And if something's rare, its rare, regardless of format, I get as much of a buzz out of finding these cassettes than i ever did from collecting records.

(Keep feeling) fascination...but I noticed the latest Alma Matters cassette only sold for £8,50 on ebay. Meanwhile, the Malaysian Viva Hate tape is at £122 with circa 24hrs to go. I am truly intrigued!

(Keep feeling) fascination...but I noticed the latest Alma Matters cassette only sold for £8,50 on ebay. Meanwhile, the Malaysian Viva Hate tape is at £122 with circa 24hrs to go. I am truly intrigued!

Alma matters is no biggie. It’s the other two island cassettes (Roy’s Keen & Satan) which are elusive.
Re: The Malaysian Cassette, normally id say that’s f***ing bonkers kamikaze bidding! But I’ve recently paid similar for a few South American Cassettes, so I get it. I won’t partake this time tho, it’s just not interesting enough for me, it’s similar to an Indonesian Viva Hate I have, which cost me a tenner.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Another I’m pleased with, from Uruguay.
Got a few more on the way from Uruguay, Argentina & Peru. Still looking for the elusive Panic, which isn’t so elusive in Brazil, I’ve seen half a dozen for sale over the last 18months, on Mercado Livre, for absolute tuppence! They don’t allow U.K. buyers tho and it’s hard work trying to communicate with sellers.

3DB41A59-89C3-4A91-8310-07889C12DF46.jpeg

Another I’m pleased with, from Uruguay.
Got a few more on the way from Uruguay, Argentina & Peru. Still looking for the elusive Panic, which isn’t so elusive in Brazil, I’ve seen half a dozen for sale over the last 18months, on Mercado Livre, for absolute tuppence! They don’t allow U.K. buyers tho and it’s hard work trying to communicate with sellers.

View attachment 47644

They are hard work, but they DO allow uk buyer.
Where did you source the Uruguay and South American ones from ?

They are hard work, but they DO allow uk buyer.
Where did you source the Uruguay and South American ones from ?

I’m sure they don’t. I can’t even create an account now, having been banned twice for trying to get sellers to ship to England. If you have a workaround please let me know!

Re: those others, i got lucky with a few on eBay. The rest are from contacts I’ve made over the years. I have one guy in Peru who emails me as soon as he gets any Smiths, same with the Uruguayan stuff. They’re costing me an arm n’ a leg tho!

Back
Top Bottom