Mozipedia - your thoughts?

Re: Mozipedia ...anyone read this?

It's an invaluable part of my book collection. I like Goddard's style. He does oft inject his own opinion, but I think that when it comes to a subject like The Smiths, it takes a fan with personal feelings to convey the world of Morrissey - so, even if you don't agree with his thoughts, the opinions make the book very personal. Written by a very knowledgable fan for knowledge-seeking fans. An in-depth, alphabetically organised conversation about Morrissey in book format. Introduced me to some new (or rather, old) music too.

It's a perfect book to open on any given page and find something amusing, previously unknown and insightful. More engaging than Rogan's interesting 'Morrissey & Marr - The Severed Alliance.'

It's an invaluable part of my book collection. I like Goddard's style. He does oft inject his own opinion, but I think that when it comes to a subject like The Smiths, it takes a fan with personal feelings to convey the world of Morrissey - so, even if you don't agree with his thoughts, the opinions make the book very personal. Written by a very knowledgable fan for knowledge-seeking fans. An in-depth, alphabetically organised conversation about Morrissey in book format. Introduced me to some new (or rather, old) music too.

It's a perfect book to open on any given page and find something amusing, previously unknown and insightful. More engaging than Rogan's interesting 'Morrissey & Marr - The Severed Alliance.'

This. It's a great book to dip in and out of and many of the entries are amusing and obscure. Definitely not as hard-going as The Severed Alliance, but there's a lot of detail and some interesting trivia. A good read.

I've just got around to buying Mozipedia and I've no idea why I didn't get around to it earlier! I didn't really take much interest when it first came out as a lot of Morrissey books tend to rehash the same old information. Having browsed Mozipedia on a couple of occasions in bookshops I decided that it was a really good reference book and I should buy a copy. A very impressive book and just having read some of it I have learnt a lot of things I never knew before.

Tags
mozipedia unclescanner
Back
Top Bottom