Mozipedia - your thoughts?

Finally finished reading it, loved it. One thing that wasn't mentioned: As the book delves into Morrissey's friendship with Michael Stipe, I thought the "Moonriver" entry might have included that R.E.M. has covered that song as well, showing some of their mutual ground.

Peeking and peeking and peeking, before y'know it's 2am, even the Big Brother housemeats are in bed, and you have to be up for work in 3 hours. Oh well.....
'HOGG, Peter' is a trés juicy entry. Rentachap indeed!
Oh and on the Tim Broad issue, he is refered to throughout; his promotional films are detailed within the entries for each of the songs they were promoting. It's just that for some reason Goddard didn't think it practical to have a standalone entry for BROAD, Tim.

And for having been Moz's PA/driver whatever for those few yrs and his 'adoring Morrissey' as it says, I find it rather odd I can't recall having ever seen any PHOTOS taken of this Peter Hogg fellow! And that just about killed me the incident w/ the meat roasting he did at Hook End that time it reads! I think ANYONE regardless of their prior r/s to Moz would be immediately DROPPED as a friend for having displayed such a barbaric act of 'revenge'. Having said that, I am only on the letter 'H' so far. This book is like my bible, I read a little bit each night b4 I go to bed! Had to special order it from Borders Marketplace via some company in Cali called Alibris! It was my bday present to myself ; albeit it arrived a few wks earlier than said day! ;)

And for having been Moz's PA/driver whatever for those few yrs and his 'adoring Morrissey' as it says, I find it rather odd I can't recall having ever seen any PHOTOS taken of this Peter Hogg fellow! And that just about killed me the incident w/ the meat roasting he did at Hook End that time it reads! I think ANYONE regardless of their prior r/s to Moz would be immediately DROPPED as a friend for having displayed such a barbaric act of 'revenge'. Having said that, I am only on the letter 'H' so far. This book is like my bible, I read a little bit each night b4 I go to bed! Had to special order it from Borders Marketplace via some company in Cali called Alibris! It was my bday present to myself ; albeit it arrived a few wks earlier than said day! ;)

There's a picture of him sat next to Moz in Linder's 'Morrissey Shot'.

Peter

There's a picture of him sat next to Moz in Linder's 'Morrissey Shot'.

Peter

Thanks Uncleskinny for the info! WHAT PAGE PLEASE?! As I have a used copy of said aforementioned book and would love to know what the guy looks like!

While I haven't learned anything new from this book yet, it is nonetheless fascinating and essential! :thumb: I like the way the surnames are capitalised if there is a separate entry for them. Never underestimate good indexing!

I also like the icon of the outline of Mozzer's bust (a crackin' one!)/quiff with text written over on the blank face. Very clever.

How Could Anyone Possibly Know How I Feel? is listed as a Whyte song.

Sigh.

Finally got mine today, looks brilliant, i'm looking forward to reading it :) (if I can find the time :/ )

lovely book did go through it when i was in london for RAH gig
i think the free shipping part at amazon only applies for Uk customers anyway , right?

cannot imagine its free shipping to germany considering the size and weight of the book
so i think a wait for the paperback which are cheaper...

Last edited:
lovely book did go through it when i was in london for RAH gig
i think the free shipping part at amazon only applies for Uk customers anyway , right?

cannot imagine its free shipping to germany considering the size and weight of the book
so i think a wait for the paperback which are cheaper...

I don't think there's gonna be a paperback...I imagine the price of the book is only going to shoot up as it becomes more rare and collectable.

I am loving this book so much. I have it sitting on my coffee table and whenever I get a few moments spare I can read away at my own pace.Also I have noticed that visitors to my house are drawn to it and read various snippets as they await their coffee. Last conversation was today about Alexandra Bastedo and her connection to Moz. Fascinating reading.

I actually have just decided to buy the book. I saw it some week ago at a bookstore at Notting Hill Gate and now, after much consideration, I've decided to buy it. It's more expensive to buy it in a store but I just won't order books online, I love the feeling of going in to a bookstore and going out with a new book!

Tags
mozipedia unclescanner
Back
Top Bottom