Mummified remains of Yvette Vickers, 'Attack of the 50 Foot Woman' star,found in home

I am a Ghost

By Michael Sheridan
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Tuesday, May 3rd 2011, 11:36 AM

A former Playboy playmate and "Attack of the 50 Foot Woman" star was found dead in her Los Angeles home - and may have been there for nearly a year, police said.

The mummified body of Yvette Vickers was discovered last week, police said, after a neighbor spotted cobwebs in the actress' mailbox.

"The letters seemed untouched and were starting to yellow," Susan Savage, an actress, told the Los Angeles Times. "I just had a bad feeling."

It is unclear how the 82-year-old actress died.

Vickers - who also starred in 1963's "Hud" and posed for Playboy in 1959 - had not been seen or heard from in months.

"She kept to herself," Savage said, but the neighbor assumed Vickers had friends. "She still got cards and letter from all over the world requesting photos."

Vickers' 1920s Benedict Canyon home showed clear signs of neglect both inside and out, according to Savage. Windows were broken and boxes filled with clothes and letters littered the interior.

When she discovered the body, the rotting remains were unrecognizable.

"We've all been crying about this," Savage said. "Nobody should be left alone like that."

An official cause of death has not been determined. Foul play is not suspected.

yvette-vickers-1959-07-001-thumb-500x572.jpg

Re: Mummified remains of Yvette Vickers, 'Attack of the 50 Foot Woman' star,found in

Why was her neighbor looking in her mailbox? Shouldn't the postman have noticed this instead?

Re: Mummified remains of Yvette Vickers, 'Attack of the 50 Foot Woman' star,found in

Vickers in a tutu.

tumblr_l9cfcoEGDC1qzoaqio1_500.jpg

It would be interesting to figure out what records she's playing and listen to them. Just in the future on a rainy day when theres nothing else to do.

And no way is she 50 feet based on this illustration. :p

LA050-ATTACK-OF-THE-50-FT-WOMAN.jpg

It would be interesting to figure out what records she's playing and listen to them. Just in the future on a rainy day when theres nothing else to do.

Not the first thing I thought of when looking at that picture, I must admit.

Not the first thing I thought of when looking at that picture, I must admit.

Yeah, I noticed that the wood panelling was "naughty" pine too. :p

Yeah, I noticed that the wood panelling was "naughty" pine too. :p

I thought you were supposed to be officially half-lesbian now?

I thought you were supposed to be officially half-lesbian now?

Meh, boobs. I see a pair every day. :D

And no way is she 50 feet based on this illustration. :p

LA050-ATTACK-OF-THE-50-FT-WOMAN.jpg

That's cos Allison Hayes was the 50 foot woman, not Yvette Vickers

Back
Top Bottom