Music Week: "Johnny Marr signs new worldwide album deal with BMG" (August 3, 2021)

Of course people buy his music, people by music by ‘artists’ like Lady Gaga, etc

Does that mean it’s actually good?

No.
If Morrissey's next album sold three million copies, you'd be citing that as proof of its resonance with listeners all over the world. You're the resident sycophant and nothing you say about Morrissey can really be taken seriously, sorry. :(

Well, one could only hope that BMG quietly resigns Morrissey too:)

If it’s on Morrissey’s terms, then fine.

I don’t think Morrissey’s music is the problem

I agree. But even when Morrissey is making his idea of what pop music could be, it will never be safe or easily digestible by the general public, etc.

. Alain’s tunes are as safe as Johnny’s, and the same pretty much holds for the other co- writers.

Sure, never said that Morrissey’s
music was so dangerous as to be uncommercial, anything can be sold to the public if marketed right.

And this is not a criticism. But is any record company willing to release an album that takes its title from the MEN arena bombing ?

In this day and age? I don’t know. I’m sure there are still those in the record business/industry that believe that there is no such thing as bad publicity. We’ll see which record company does release it, then you’ll have your answer.

This bodes well for Johnny's next album! They must really believe in it.

I really hope it’s good. I wish he’d do more acoustic stuff. Though I wish that of Morrissey too. Maybe as they both grow older they think they can stay younger by continuing to make pop/rock music. That’s not to say I don’t like it when Morrissey rocks out.

Yep don’t get too excited Morrissey haters, FWD is right, it should say Marr has been resigned with BMG

which should come as no surprise, as Marr is a very nice person that makes very safe music and when BMG says ‘jump!’ Marr asks ‘how high?’

:cool:

Edit: Aw, the Morrissey haters don’t like my post. :oops:
totally right,johnboy always plays the game,hanging about with kylie minogue,his street cred is right down the shitter,when was the last time any of these singers actually came out with something interesting to say,marr,weller,smith,our lips are sealed.eton rifles,more like tesco trifles.

If Morrissey's next album sold three million copies, you'd be citing that as proof of its resonance with listeners all over the world. You're the resident sycophant and nothing you say about Morrissey can really be taken seriously, sorry. :(

And you’re the resident Morrissey hater that said Morrissey’s new album Bonfire is shit!
yes, making a judgment on a record before even hearing it! :crazy:

What a hater move if I ever saw one.

Sorry, but you are a Morrissey hater and your opinions can’t ever be taken seriously.

In this day and age? I don’t know. I’m sure there are still those in the record business/industry that believe that there is no such thing as bad publicity. We’ll see which record company does release it, then you’ll have your answer.
There was a time when even bad publicity could make a record sell.
And I am not saying that Bonfire would be badly received (except for the usual suspects) Because I haven’t heard it.
Time will tell indeed.

And you’re the resident Morrissey hater that said Morrissey’s new album Bonfire is shit!

Sorry, but you are a Morrissey hater and your opinions can’t ever be taken seriously.
ignore him,hes a relative newbie,hes another mingeboy,remember him,he came on here all guns blazing,lasted about two weeks and was never seen again.

totally right,johnboy always plays the game,hanging about with kylie minogue,his street cred is right down the shitter,when was the last time any of these singers actually came out with something interesting to say,marr,weller,smith,our lips are sealed.eton rifles,more like tesco trifles.

Exactly. But the thing is, that there’s nothing wrong with playing the game to that extent, but the Johnny
Marr fans should just own it and accept that this is what Marr is doing, it’s a job, it’s fine.

When has Morrissey said anything interesting lately?

If it’s on Morrissey’s terms, then fine.

I agree. But even when Morrissey is making his idea of what pop music could be, it will never be safe or easily digestible by the general public, etc.
I love Morrissey’s unique singing voice and a lot of his lyrics, both are easily recognisable.
But when you try to differentiate yourself from the herd, you’ll never be mainstream / 100% safe.
So we agree on this one.

When has Morrissey said anything interesting lately?
a big long interview a few weeks back when there was some very interesting stuff in it.everytime i see marr hes playing a smiths song,never his own stuff,maybe he doesnt have much faith in his solo work.

Nah, I'm a Morrissey realist. I'm of the opinion that he's barely written a good song in the past 15 years and that his live performances have become dull and labored. Doesn't mean these things can't turn around, some of my favorite artists had long slumps that they emerged from with strong work and renewed enthusiasm. But I'm not counting on it.

a big long interview a few weeks back when there was some very interesting stuff in it.everytime i see marr hes playing a smiths song,never his own stuff,maybe he doesnt have much faith in his solo work.

Looks like BMG do though and at his gigs, he plays 2/3 Smiths songs just like Morrissey does at his.

Yep, people buy his music so they resigned him.

Agree. But also want to add,
I’m sure most artists have their own terms, and I can imagine that what Marr wanted in a contract or agreed to doing was welcomed by BMG.

Not saying the above is true, but I can imagine that it takes a little more than just being able to sell records that makes a company want to continue to work with you.

Nah, I'm a Morrissey realist. I'm of the opinion that he's barely written a good song in the past 15 years and that his live performances have become dull and labored. Doesn't mean these things can't turn around, some of my favorite artists had long slumps that they emerged from with strong work and renewed enthusiasm.

But I'm not counting on it.

That’s the spirit! (y)

You’re a hater, just accept it.

Judging an album is shit before even hearing it.

Tags
bmg johnny mar
Back
Top Bottom