'My Hurling Days Are Done' and 'Once I Saw The River Clean' Teasers

This I believe you meant:

FWD.

What’s the point of these folks leaking these poor quality teasers? Big deal they got the album early, crappy move on their part.

Both sound really nice, I really like this new synthy sound. Based on the live clips on YouTube, Jim Jim Falls is a good song, but once again the lyrics fall really short. Morrissey has clearly seen the place name Jim Jim Falls in Australia and thought it would make a nice song title. And it does, but advocating suicide is not really such a good look, especially as the lyrics are so sketchy and rushed. My Hurling Days Are Done seems like the best song lyrically so far -- actually the only one which is really up to his standards.

Both sound really nice, I really like this new synthy sound. Based on the live clips on YouTube, Jim Jim Falls is a good song, but once again the lyrics fall really short. Morrissey has clearly seen the place name Jim Jim Falls in Australia and thought it would make a nice song title. And it does, but advocating suicide is not really such a good look, especially as the lyrics are so sketchy and rushed. My Hurling Days Are Done seems like the best song lyrically so far -- actually the only one which is really up to his standards.

There was a big story in the news early last year about a young couple. The boyfriend committed suicide. After his death the police found a load of messages from his girlfriend, pressurising him to kill himself. Constantly asking him why he hadn’t done it yet, when he was going to do it and even suggesting ways to do it. I wonder if something like that was an inspiration for Jim, Jim falls.

There was a big story in the news early last year about a young couple. The boyfriend committed suicide. After his death the police found a load of messages from his girlfriend, pressurising him to kill himself. Constantly asking him why he hadn’t done it yet, when he was going to do it and even suggesting ways to do it. I wonder if something like that was an inspiration for Jim, Jim falls.

Was this that story? How sad. 47,000 text messages?
Daily Mail

It was already pretty likely that this inspired the title of MHDAD, but putting a sitar on it makes it a bit too obvious.

I don't think it's advocating suicide. It's more like a person telling themselves to stop dwelling on suicide. Either do it. Or stop thinking about it.

It reminds me of being in a relationship with a dramatic person and there threats ultimatums etc and how quickly feelings of concern and care can change to a hardened annoyed disinterest

I don't think it's advocating suicide. It's more like a person telling themselves to stop dwelling on suicide. Either do it. Or stop thinking about it.
I think you might be right. I can’t make out all the lyrics from the live version but towards the end it sounds like he’s singing “if you want to sing, then sing”

I think you might be right. I can’t make out all the lyrics from the live version but towards the end it sounds like he’s singing “if you want to sing, then sing”

Yeah. I think it's about not tormenting yourself by thinking - take action now, or forget the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom