"My Love, I'd Do..." and "All The Young People..." 7" sleeves

From an anonymous person:

42213_201802_singles_front.jpg

42212_201802_singles_back.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reckon classic 50's Americana, famous country music singer for the B side, living in LA....reckon what a proper Brittish "hero" in nn it.

ATYPMFIL

BOB CLEARMOUNTAIN MIX !!! :rock:

Hope Bob fixed it.
:pray:

lovely artwork.

ATYPMFIL

BOB CLEARMOUNTAIN MIX !!! :rock:

Hope Bob fixed it.
:pray:

lovely artwork.
I groaned out loud when I saw that he was releasing that as a single. Until...
Bob Clearmountain mix! I like that the general consensus on the album version was heard and taken into account.

I groaned out loud when I saw that he was releasing that as a single. Until...
Bob Clearmountain mix! I like that the general consensus on the album version was heard and taken into account.

yes, and assuming it will be better, I can now replace the album version with this new one... and have the now perfect LIHS !!! :rock:

it'll be like x-mass all over again ! :D

I also like the choice of 'Rose Garden' as the B-side , a kind of two sides to the coin of love.

The first image is cropped and both sides make the bigger image:

idaho 3.jpg

Boys and Girls, Caldwell Idaho, 1941 by Russell Lee.
"Russell Werner Lee (1903-1986) captured this image while working for the Farm Security Administration (FSA) during the Great Depression.
The stated goal of the project was to "introduce America to Americans." "

The second image is, surprisingly, a stock Getty image:

uu.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
The first image is heavily cropped:
View attachment 43705
Boys and Girls, Caldwell Idaho, 1941 by Russell Lee.
"Russell Werner Lee (1903-1986) captured this image while working for the Farm Security Administration (FSA) during the Great Depression. The stated goal of the project was to "introduce America to Americans." "

I do like what he did with it.

All the young people of the same sex must ....

:)

also, makes me think of ...the world won't listen

:cool:

Is “Rose Garden” usually printed like that with the omission of (I Never Promised You A), or is it just printed like that here?

Ok, not trying to be the voice of reason here but, in all seriousness - what could be the appeal of this single? The song is 2nd worst on the album, and the B-sides are live versions of crappy non Moz songs?
What happened to a cool pic of Morrissey on the cover and 2-3 B-sides of studio songs that weren’t on the album?
Is that too much to axe?

Ok, not trying to be the voice of reason here but, in all seriousness - what could be the appeal of this single? The song is 2nd worst on the album, and the B-sides are live versions of crappy non Moz songs?
What happened to a cool pic of Morrissey on the cover and 2-3 B-sides of studio songs that weren’t on the album?
Is that too much to axe?

don't worry, you're not.

As always, there is scant (actually nil) info about the other single - when it might release etc - I've never known 2 singles 'drop' at the exact same time - so this definitely needs clearer explanation from one of our record store experts.
Come to mention it, that table they are displayed on looks familiar :)
Still, as predicted - some physical music being readied before the tour, band spotted with Dempsey during rehearsals for the gigs - all good signs.
Just need his nibs to appear now.

As always, there is scant (actually nil) info about the other single - when it might release etc - I've never known 2 singles 'drop' at the exact same time - so this definitely needs clearer explanation from one of our record store experts.
Still, as predicted - some physical music being readied before the tour, band spotted with Dempsey during rehearsals for the gigs - all good signs.

That isn’t a table, it’s my floor. Sorry to throw you off.

Also what do you mean about the band and Dempsey?

It's rare, the only example I can think of off the top of my head is The Manic street preachers released two singles on the same day in 2001. Found That Soul and So Why So Sad. Both charted in the top 10.
Can't find a listing on Amazon for All The Young People. Could be a really elaborate hoax by a troll with too much time on their hands. So, anyone on this site

Also what do you mean about the band and Dempsey?
Sorry, that should say - that background looks familiar. Seen other records presented like that somewhere, can't place it.
Re: Dempsey - as there was a speculation about a duet, Mando posting a pic of the 2 together today was extremely interesting - especially as they are in proximity to a studio whilst rehearsing. (See here for more info:https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/damien-dempsey-interview-mentions-morrissey-duet.141799/).
Any explanation for 2 releases existing at the same time would be very appreciated.
Cheers,
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom