"My minor role in Morrissey’s latest outburst" by Joshua Surtees - The Guardian

• Thread starter Deleted member 29235
  • Start date
My minor role in Morrissey’s latest outburst - The Guardian
By Joshua Surtees

"I was invited by the singer’s manager to the Hollywood Bowl concert where he donned the notorious T-shirt"

Joshua Surtees details how Peter Katsis invited him to follow Morrissey's US tour, how he (Surtees) struggled to find a publication to take the story, and when he did, Morrissey then refused him an interview.

Then, finally, a breakthrough came. GQ, the well-respected, glossy men’s mag, said that if Morrissey agreed to a full interview, it would publish it. It seemed the perfect fit. Everything was in place. I got my US work visa, agreed to Morrissey’s amended timetable – not the first week of the tour as first promised, but the final date at the Hollywood Bowl.

And then? Morrissey refused to grant an interview.

full

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
People are not depressed and angry at the changing demographics happening around them for no reason. It affects wages, job competition, hospital waiting lists etc - it affects the working class the most as migrants are poured into their areas and they have no representative voice in politics or the media. Migrants are pushed to the top of housing lists as they are favoured over white people with 'positive discrimination'.

And crime becomes high wherever people from undeveloped countries move to - so if they move to your area you and your family/kids etc. are not going to be as safe as they were previously. Mass immigration has no benefits for ordinary people at all - whereas the rich benefit financially (and can safely move to richer areas away from the diversity they champion so much).

The demographics aren't the problem - it's the gig economy & changes in lifestyle that are the problem. Areas with a lot of poverty, always have a lot of crime. The left did abandon class politics to focus on diversity when class seemed to be less of an issue, but since the banking crisis & austerity, that's changed.

The demographics aren't the problem - it's the gig economy & changes in lifestyle that are the problem. Areas with a lot of poverty, always have a lot of crime. The left did abandon class politics to focus on diversity when class seemed to be less of an issue, but since the banking crisis & austerity, that's changed.

Demographics are a big problem. A HUGE problem. England is dying because of mass-immigration and globalism.

Isn't it all a bit sad that a main news story on Moz Solo features a photo of him wearing a tshirt/sleeveless shirt with 'f***' written on it?

I know he did similar crap for 'f*** Morrissey-Solo' and 'f*** Harvest' but it struck me today as just a pathetic state he is now in. As a lifelong fan I'm finding it very hard to care about or respect anything he says or does.

The usual dicksiples who worship Moz will tell me to leave the site, but I'm getting fed up of being let down by someone who was such a hero. It's all just lowlife behaviour.

I just think he's having a crisis. I respect his talent & wish he'd sort himself out. For his own sake. I don't need anything but his songs.

No, the likes of ISIS won't rule Europe but European countries will become more Islamic with increased immigration. My town's already got an Islamic cultural centre in the works, which was once a former pub.

That's like saying we're becoming more Mormon because they've got a few centres & are always handing leaflets to people outside train stations. Different groups exist, it's not the end of the Nation.

Demographics are a big problem. A HUGE problem. England is dying because of mass-immigration and globalism.

It's not dying. It's having a long economic downturn. Everything that we love from tea to complaining about the weather is still here.

You're in denial. Covering yourself in a psychological comfort blanket. Your eyes are clenched shut for fear of what you might see.

If I was going to clench my eyes shut to avoid seeing something it would be the racist posts on this site.

That's like saying we're becoming more Mormon because they've got a few centres & are always handing leaflets to people outside train stations. Different groups exist, it's not the end of the Nation.

It's the end of old England. The England i presume that made people fall in love with The Smiths.

Oh, yeah, it's just simple 'dhimmitude.' That's right. Not very Mormon-like.

after reading this article i concluded that joshua surtees is banal person, has diva expectations (he may be famous in his own circle, it's legit) and i'm glad morrissey refused to talk to him.

this sentence is proof he'd misuse their contact for further political and semipolitical abuse of morrissey:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regardless, I spent the whole summer pitching the story to editors of various publications. Every approach was met with a similar response. They were all intrigued by the idea – a tour diary, on the road with Morrissey through Trump’s America – but despite giving it some thought, said it wasn’t right for their periodical.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thank you, morrissey, for letting down this pretended person in doing his job.

p.s. from my point of view, potential ethnical issue here is totally irrelevant - this is only matter of good or bad intention.
my opinion is that joshua surtees came with fake good intention and was adequately rewarded with refusal. fair.

p.p.s. and joshua surtees is angry for being left without money for 'exposing that threatening morrissey' again. oh. pitty. sorry, joshua, find another way for paying your bills. not with morrissey.

his work and heritage are beyond that distorted and banal dimension you're trying to put him in.

What a bottler Morrissey has become. Why did he cancel? Simple. Dear Joshua isn’t Fiona Dodwell. He’d have been asked real questions from a fan who’s not been bought off by his manager.
Face it - we’ve lost our boy, as well as any respect we ever had for him.

I see the usual doing their usual "white genocide" posts yet again. @Nerak, ignore them. They're nobodies. Trolling this site is the only attention and power they'll ever have. And they know that we all know this is the case with them.

I see the usual doing their usual "white genocide" posts yet again. @Nerak, ignore them. They're nobodies. Trolling this site is the only attention and power they'll ever have. And they know that we all know this is the case with them.

Skinny is "Nerak" code for something, whats the story behind this new alias?

Gosh! Morrissey’s in quicksand. The more he wriggles, the deeper he sinks. If his management did their job properly and got him to keep a dignified silence, it would’ve made The Guardian look hysterical.
But no. He confirmed that which Joshua mildly hinted at in his original article, and now the damage is done. The man’s f***ed himself over, good and proper.

That's probably very sound advice.

What a bottler Morrissey has become. Why did he cancel? Simple. Dear Joshua isn’t Fiona Dodwell. He’d have been asked real questions from a fan who’s not been bought off by his manager.
Face it - we’ve lost our boy, as well as any respect we ever had for him.

He didn't cancel, he didn't agree to a full interview. The invite was only to hang around the tour.

I don't think he's mentally healthy enough to do interviews, unless his mental health was part of what the interview was about. We all know he would say something negative or contorted that would be interpreted as bad in some way. It always happens.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom