New "Best of" compilation listed on Amazon - Apr 27 2018 release?

UPDATE Feb. 11:

An anonymous person posted the link:

https://wmg.jp/artist/morrissey/WPCR000026316.html

Warner Music Japan release site

UPDATE 10:30 AM PT:

Posted by guru_mosh:

According to German retailer jpc.de this will be a reissue of the "Suedehead" best of compilation.

Morrissey: Suedehead - The Best Of Morrissey (SHM-CD)(reissue) - jpc

*** Japan-Import

Amazon sites indicate a new ? Best Of Morrissey compilation for April 27, 2018.

Anyone have any details?

Link / screenshot posted by Famous when dead:

https://www.amazon.com/Best-MORRISS...r_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&tag=msamzn-20

42179_best_of_amzn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe that no-one has issued a compilation entitled 'Best Of, Most Of.'

Nice list but it doesn't have Nobody Loves Us, which I think is one of the best Moz songs ever.
I'd love to hear that one re-recorded. I don't know what was up with his voice at the time, but it was soft and unsure, at least to my ears. He went too cautious IMO. Like the big notes aren't very big, and you can tell he wasn't singing as loudly as usual.

Wonder why there hasn't been a Best Of compilation of solo/post-Smiths band work by Mike Joyce yet?

:cool:

Because hearing a drummer cackle into a pile of money is only good for about two tracks before it gets boring.

it's so easy to laugh... it takes strength to face the truth.

Because hearing a drummer cackle into a pile of money is only good for about two tracks before it gets boring.
Probably not quite as boring as trying to listen to 'Sorrow will come in the end ' while your ears bleed.

I'd love to hear that one re-recorded. I don't know what was up with his voice at the time, but it was soft and unsure, at least to my ears. He went too cautious IMO. Like the big notes aren't very big, and you can tell he wasn't singing as loudly as usual.

Didn't either Lillywhite or Supple comment on the fact that Morrissey was getting a lot of colds at that time which affected his vocals.

I think Morrissey also overheard them discussing his under-strength vocals on one of the Southpaw Grammar songs.

Didn't either Lillywhite or Supple comment on the fact that Morrissey was getting a lot of colds at that time which affected his vocals.

I think Morrissey also overheard them discussing his under-strength vocals on one of the Southpaw Grammar songs.
I didn't know anything about that, but I always thought a lot of Buggery years sounded very underwhelming vocally despite many of the tracks being on point.

Probably not quite as boring as trying to listen to 'Sorrow will come in the end ' while your ears bleed.
Even in those edgy 90's I listened to that once deliberately, and maybe twice by accident and each time just went "Oh no, honey. That's not a good look." That being said, if he were to release some spoken word stuff (and not the ridiculous WPINOYB type) I would be happy to listen. I just never want to hear about magistrates and legal eagles ever again.

From Mozipedia
"Many tracks suffer from an audibly 'blocked' delivery, as Danton Supple elaborates. 'One of the constant problems with Morrissey was that he often got colds... You can hear it on a couple of tracks on Southpaw, where his voice is quite stuffy.'"

Morrissey
"One day I step into the control room unexpected and I overhear Lillywhite say 'the singing on Teachers was awful, wasn't it?' ... and I catch engineer Danton Supple in a reluctant half-nod. It is brutal, but not unfunny. Oh, we poor little humans."

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom