New "Best of" compilation listed on Amazon - Apr 27 2018 release?

UPDATE Feb. 11:

An anonymous person posted the link:

https://wmg.jp/artist/morrissey/WPCR000026316.html

Warner Music Japan release site

UPDATE 10:30 AM PT:

Posted by guru_mosh:

According to German retailer jpc.de this will be a reissue of the "Suedehead" best of compilation.

Morrissey: Suedehead - The Best Of Morrissey (SHM-CD)(reissue) - jpc

*** Japan-Import

Amazon sites indicate a new ? Best Of Morrissey compilation for April 27, 2018.

Anyone have any details?

Link / screenshot posted by Famous when dead:

https://www.amazon.com/Best-MORRISS...r_mobile_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&tag=msamzn-20

42179_best_of_amzn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Japanese-only re-release with Lp sleeve packaging and CD made of higher quality materials. Move along. Theres nothing to see here.

love southpaw even with a cold,underrated.

I would personally say that Southpaw Grammar tends to be rather overrated among fans. Morrissey simply hadn't written anywhere near enough lyrics for those songs...

Each to their own though.

From Mozipedia
"Many tracks suffer from an audibly 'blocked' delivery, as Danton Supple elaborates. 'One of the constant problems with Morrissey was that he often got colds... You can hear it on a couple of tracks on Southpaw, where his voice is quite stuffy.'"

Morrissey
"One day I step into the control room unexpected and I overhear Lillywhite say 'the singing on Teachers was awful, wasn't it?' ... and I catch engineer Danton Supple in a reluctant half-nod. It is brutal, but not unfunny. Oh, we poor little humans."

I have never really noticed it on Southpaw Grammar, but always thought you could really hear him sniffling through I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris.

Get Off the Stage, Journalists Who Lie, The Slum Mums, This is Not Your Country

This Is Not Your Country on the worst of!!! But I just had a listen to the Slum Mums and I think you're right about your other three. I'd add Papa Jack and Sorrow Will Come In The End.

This Is Not Your Country on the worst of!!! But I just had a listen to the Slum Mums and I think you're right about your other three. I'd add Papa Jack and Sorrow Will Come In The End.

Absolutely. As subtle as a sledgehammer and far, far too long.

I would personally say that Southpaw Grammar tends to be rather overrated among fans. Morrissey simply hadn't written anywhere near enough lyrics for those songs...

Each to their own though.
Yes I love southpaw for the music, but lyrically I agree it is poor in spots.

Wonder why there hasn't been a Best Of compilation of solo Ketamine Sun posts yet?

it's so easy to laugh... it's so easy to run from the question .....

Wonder why there hasn't been a Best Of compilation of solo/post-Smiths band work by Mike Joyce yet?

:cool:

are you really 'dying to know' ?

in that case, I won't tell ya. ;)

Everyone knows why, but they can't face the truth.
Drummers don't get best of albums. It doesn't matter if you're Neal Peart (yuck) or what's his name from Tool (Tool sucks, but he's a hell of a drummer) it just doesn't happen.

Drummers don't get best of albums. It doesn't matter if you're Neal Peart (yuck) or what's his name from Tool (Tool sucks, but he's a hell of a drummer) it just doesn't happen.

but Joyce was a 'equal' member of the Smiths!, why hasn't he started a band and from those great records a best of compilation could be released?

but Joyce was a 'equal' member of the Smiths!, why hasn't he started a band and from those great records a best of compilation could be released?

His resume isn't embarrassing, and I don't know whether or not his drumming appears on any greatest hits comps. Could be. I don't care to research it right now. Andy is in the same boat. Decent resume, could be on someone's, but anybody can figure out that there are only two career paths that end up with successful post-group solo careers. Guitar hero, or vocalist. You have exceptions like Phil f***ing Collins, or someone like Les Claypool, where the bass is the lead, but there is absolutely zero that is special or atypical of the post band career for either of the background Smiths.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom