New Morrissey song played on BBC radio (with disclaimer) + Morrissey ridiculed on BBC R4 show

Long-term Morrissey/Smiths fan indie DJ (and TV bloke from the 80s), Gary Crowley, played River Clean on his BBC Radio London show a couple of nights ago. Said "I love this track" and was alerted to it by a couple of people (implying he hadn't bothered with the album). At the end he said (paraphrase) "that's a great track... if you can ignore all the other stuff about him".
Radio 4 comedy show tonight 6:30pm - comedian talked about how we breathe in billions of atoms in our lives. Probably the same ones that made up Oscar Wilde and Adolf Hitler - "that would explain Morrissey" (cue the biggest laugh of the evening).
That's where we are folks in 2020. Morrissey has become a cultural byword for the far right and racism. And when presenters do dare to play his latest songs, they apparently need to issue a disclaimer. Bit odd to think that some people claim he's turned a corner...

View attachment 55544

Joe via Jesse - Radio 2 not appearing to have any issue.
Regards,
FWD.

Ooh, that's good news. Well spotted. If this gets on to their proper playlist, the album's commercial fortunes could still be rescued.
Must admit, I don't quite see all the fuss being made about this song. To me it's 'quite good' rather than anything more but I know others feel differently. Would be odd to play this one heavily but to completely ignore Bobby and Knockabout.

Moz is one of the good guys, Hold On To Your Friends. Song's great by the way!

I certainly hold on to his songs, they are friends of mine.
And Hold On To Your Friends is indeed a great song, with words I can really relate to, beautiful.

The only reason Morrissey is considered controversial is because people are shitless in fear of standing out or saying something that might upset the small % of people whose only purpose in life is to be upset. It is truly pathetic that radio DJs or anyone feels the need to explain or disclaim why they are playing a Moz song. You really don't need to be loved by everyone, just the people who count. I find myself more and more removed from a fickle society of spineless and boring mouth breathing mindless masses who can't accept anything that isn't sterilised, homogenised, simplified, and stilted. The world, as ever, is full of crashing bores. Since when do we listen to weak minded fools.

Cash back doesn’t seem to be an option. The Who could be dead from old age by the time all this is over.

Next gig for me is Simply Red, in Manchester, in October. Hopefully.
Picture book ....... Oh my has so many memories for me.... probably in my top 10 albums of all time...., sad old red ..... they have had more comebacks than Frank Sinatra.....

There really isnt a way morrissey can recover from this now, he will always be regarded as a racist wheather people agree or not, and lets face it he doesn't really care, as dog on a chain explains...... also i think he has given up on the uk nearly altogether, no promotion for his last two albums, can't remember if he was here for low in high school.....he was seen out and about in England when these albums were released but clearly couldn't be arsed to get on the BBC for a 5 minute slot on radio 2, jools Holland, Jonathan Ross, ect..
Aww stop. They said the same when he brandished the Union Jack at Finsbury Park. He came back better than ever. I dont regard him as racist. Neither do my friends. You can't open your mouth these days without having to go through the possible options in your head first. Like Terminator does before he chooses: "f*** you, asshole".
p.s. that last comment isn't directed at you. Just to the outrage brigade who look forward to getting their mother's knickers in a twist.

The only reason Morrissey is considered controversial is because people are shitless in fear of standing out or saying something that might upset the small % of people whose only purpose in life is to be upset. It is truly pathetic that radio DJs or anyone feels the need to explain or disclaim why they are playing a Moz song. You really don't need to be loved by everyone, just the people who count. I find myself more and more removed from a fickle society of spineless and boring mouth breathing mindless masses who can't accept anything that isn't sterilised, homogenised, simplified, and stilted. The world, as ever, is full of crashing bores. Since when do we listen to weak minded fools.
Totaly agree action...... but life sucks and also blows if we want to piss against the wind...... we fight on. And on as always, we are morrissey fans, we know better, dont we...,,fickke is the norm for us lot... we fight, then fight more..... dont we?we listen to the strong ones on here, as always....... we fight, we fight we never give up.... VIVA ACTION.... VIVA HOVIS.... VIVA ME....VIVA NERACK......

And when presenters do dare to play his latest songs, they apparently need to issue a disclaimer. Bit odd to think that some people claim he's turned a corner...

That says more about the presenters and their need to signal their politically correct virtue to their fellow Leftists in the media than it does about Morrissey as such. My admiration for Morrissey has only grown with his courageous statements and actions in recent years, and embracing Brexit and For Britain. As always, Morrissey stands alone against the tide of prefab opinion people would like to shove down all our throats. And the new album is great too - probably his best album since Southpaw Grammar (which I believe criminally underrated; though Vauxhall and I is the greatest album he's ever done - solo or with The Smiths).

I think this review (by someone called Nicolas de Pigage on Amazon.de) somehow hits the nail on the head.

...No, he has never been a chain dog - and certainly not a lap dog of the adapted mainstream. As a real free spirit and non-conformist, he still stands for a humanism in which left-wing and conservative thinking and acting are not mutually exclusive - on the contrary. Because Morrissey has heart AND mind. For some, his lack of naivety, ignorance and hypocrisy is a provocation, especially for disappointed former Smiths lovers, who cannot get over seeing their former idol deviate from their medically prescribed "politically correct" line. ...

Aww stop. They said the same when he brandished the Union Jack at Finsbury Park. He came back better than ever. I dont regard him as racist. Neither do my friends. You can't open your mouth these days without having to go through the possible options in your head first. Like Terminator does before he chooses: "f*** you, asshole".
p.s. that last comment isn't directed at you. Just to the outrage brigade who look forward to getting their mother's knickers in a twist.
The union Jack at finsbury park was, well the start of any pop star gestating and flirting with the Jack....... was it meant to be , or something morrissey was a head of...I think it was .... as we knew , suede, blur , then oasis followed ..... I shall agree with my own view..... as I was there...... suede on the front cover of nme even before?....blah blah they made the charts.... I've seen many Morrissey concerts where ever he plays, he will hold that countries flag, wave it about then launce it into that crowd....... we've all seen it , Irish flags Colombian , Argentine? ....

For any one who is still here , I've just pulled an olde CD from my collection ..... SPECTOR from about 2012, singles could be Chevy thunder... Friday night, don't ever let it end... celestine....... I really thought these LONDON boys would make it.......

PS. Who do I contact abut my account confirmation email never arriving? I don't know where it could have disappeared to.

You keep saying this but it's been over 2 years since his comments and nothing points to a recovery, recent gig attendances and album sales suggest the opposite?

2 years is nothing after a scandal. Getting sales at all when you've been monstered is great & the audience he's got still loves him. So that's fine.

It's little changes in attitude, tone & coverage that I'm looking for & it's happening.

If you're a size queen then you're probably never going to be happy. He's 60, careers change.

An insight Nerak would be the importance of being morrissey, and that was 20 odd years back.... and when I watched that , I thought his house was very plain, dull... apart from when you watched him running up the steps to his house with gusto looked very pop starish indeed.... I can remember a journalist years previous, saying that they had done a long interview over a few days, and that when he arrived at mozzers house, each time all the furniture was always rearranged.... I still love the man and his music no less than 1984.. but as long time fans we have been pulled on the rack, haven't we... saying that I can see that a 10 to 20 date tour of the uk is now never going to happen... we're all getting, gout, diabetes, ect .... I'm now just getting to the point where , as my daughter said yesterday she won't be seeing moz in a big arena, she's seen him 3 times with me.... it's not the same, is it any more.....

Almost no one in his life appeared in that documentary & it said almost nothing about him. It's the most he's ever done, but it's not much.

Because he is such a one off & his career has always been weird, it's hard to predict where it'll go. I hate arenas, so I don't mind if he never does that again. But he probably will tour properly if his health holds up.

'Comedian' makes cheap jibe on Radio 4 - shock.
It really is over - how can Moz ever recover from this?

The only reason Morrissey is considered controversial is because people are shitless in fear of standing out or saying something that might upset the small % of people whose only purpose in life is to be upset.

upset because someone is standing out for the racist party For-Britain? Give us a break pls.

its the small% of you that wont accept that your GOD has turned a racists

Pff you’re so old fashioned. As if album sales decide how popular an artist is in 2020.
And top-3 in UK and 1 in Scotland, mind.

Pffff. As if half-sold arenas decide how poular an artist is in 2020.
Come here tomorrow to chart what chart position it will have (after only one week, I can tell you already: not present in the charts anymore).

hiya babs, shazza here...

BB's been arrested and so has the rest of the band, there was a raid on their rehearsal bunker on Spring Lane Industrial Estate and Andy's been charged with violating the UK Government Coronavirus Bill even though he's the ultimate germaphobe and everyone was 3 metres away from each other on the sound stage. Some c*** complained about the bangin out 'Anarchy In The UK' 50 times all last night so there was a dawn raid and Andy's on The Wing in Brum now as West Mercia Police are scared of him but Chief Constable Dave Thompson still thinks he can take Andy down and get him thrown back in Shawshank. The legal eagles are all over it because it's clearly an attempt to get Andy infected with Covid-19 but...Andy has that mad 'black Irish basque divil' rare blood group and he sez he's immune cuz he's been sent as The Messenger of G*d..it's fcUKin freaking me out! I almost got stuck in Marbella when Andy found out I'd gone tanning and went absolutely beserk insisting I get my arse back here so I did, so I did...anyroads..

I hate wearing these respirator mask-goggles that Andy insists all his support staff wear and he's insisted on that since he looked at his phone on New Year's Eve and collapsed. We thought he was pissed again but he'd got a text from a his friends in the W.H.O abut Wuhan, man..I didn't think nuffin much of it till Andy made us all listen to a lecture by Skyp from his friends in Milano as 'communith transmission' was established independent of Chinese Virus connections. Andy said that Wuhan Hubei was lung distress due to industrial pollution and when it hit Tehran he said it was depleted uranium Gulf War shit because it was SARS-CoV-2 so it was just a remix of the original SARS, or that's what he told the priests who kept turning up to give him communion when he descened into the bunker in the woods near here and refused to come out for 3 weeks. He said he was 'thinking'...anyway...what did he ask me to relay to ye all again...? Oh yes...he has written a review of 'I Am Not A Prat On A Plane' and he gave me it on one of those zip drive thingies but I've lost it so...I'm trying to tell him but he's up on the top of the hills when he's not rehearsing or being arrested. All I know is he deffo thinks it's Morrissey's finest hour, better than anything done by The Smiths and he has re-jigged his show 'An Irish Childhood In Babylon' so it now includes 'My Hurling Days Are Done' or is it 'My Girlish Days Are Gone'? He does humorous remixes in rehearsals but the big one is 'Once I Saw The River' which Andy has upcycled into a Dervish-Turkish-Irish Riverdance kind of mad shit with a troupe of dancers and whirling dervishes. He says the bodhran beats all over the album are brill and he's going to do these songs in the karoake interlude of his show.."tonight, Matthew, I am mostly Being Morrissey". I've never heard him sing along to any song like this one and he is dancing like a banshee in the office but...it's all on hold now whilst the 'hot fuzz' sweaty uniformed whore stuff is sorted and his lawyers get him out of jail, it's all a bit Tommy Robinson but 4Realz, man...

I gotta fly, gotta get to Boots and try and get some more anti-bac wipes for me mum. Andy has a vast warehouse of masks, hand sanitizer and shit and he says I can have all I need but I know what he's planning: a field hospital to tend to the dying on top of the Malverns if the NHS collapses. He's not just a pretty face with a huge cock, y'know. He's a real clever clogs. There's about 50 screens in this war room and it's like being at that IICSA hearing on Pocock Street again. We had a seance a while ago and MJ popped up again begging Andy to release the songs they wrote together when Michael was slumming it in the Cotswolds to try to make contact again with Andy. Not sure if the family estate will allow it but they are miraculous toons so are the entire 6 album 'clone' of The Smiths which Andy has recorded as an ironic tribute but, of course, it far exceeds the original....I've drunk too much coffee...I'm listening to Andy's playlist, the most recent one, it's mostly Sigur Ros, The Knife and Taylor Swift but 'Brow Of My Beloved' has just come one...wonder why he's taken a shine to that one?...sigh..take care, keep safe, stay at home, listen to your old Moz and Smiths shit and enjoy IANODOAC. If I find the zip drive i'll post the 'official' review but I have to get to Boots now as my mt8 Cher works there and texted me they got some new stock so..bye, bye, bye, bye..bye!

<3

Sharon McCormick
Secretary -Amanuensis to:
Andy Mooney
-thee Pope Of Pop in an epoch of pandemic pandemonium..

An Irish Childhood In Manchester
An Irish Childhood In Dublin
An Irish Childhood In Babylon...

..."Andy's out to get me..."

'Once I Saw The Tigris-Euphrates Clean'

"there is nothing new under the sun..."

POR DIOS QUE DELIRIO TIENE ESE TIPO/A QUE ABURRIDOOOO !! ILEGIBLE QUIEN LE DIJO A ESTE QUE ES ORIGINAL,.,?? ES PATETICO DELIRANTE TOTAL DE QUE NEUROPSIQUIATRICO SE ESCAPO???????????????????

Well said my friend and your next post re Finsbury Park is spot on too. If you think the amount of piss poor debate that has raged on these pages surrounding Moz and you have summed everything up in two posts. The way I see it Moz is for life, he's the same as he's always been, contrary. So in my opinion the snowflakes who have jumped ship were never really fans who understood him in the first place..."Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning"

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom