New Morrissey song played on BBC radio (with disclaimer) + Morrissey ridiculed on BBC R4 show

Long-term Morrissey/Smiths fan indie DJ (and TV bloke from the 80s), Gary Crowley, played River Clean on his BBC Radio London show a couple of nights ago. Said "I love this track" and was alerted to it by a couple of people (implying he hadn't bothered with the album). At the end he said (paraphrase) "that's a great track... if you can ignore all the other stuff about him".
Radio 4 comedy show tonight 6:30pm - comedian talked about how we breathe in billions of atoms in our lives. Probably the same ones that made up Oscar Wilde and Adolf Hitler - "that would explain Morrissey" (cue the biggest laugh of the evening).
That's where we are folks in 2020. Morrissey has become a cultural byword for the far right and racism. And when presenters do dare to play his latest songs, they apparently need to issue a disclaimer. Bit odd to think that some people claim he's turned a corner...

I think this review (by someone called Nicolas de Pigage on Amazon.de) somehow hits the nail on the head.

...No, he has never been a chain dog - and certainly not a lap dog of the adapted mainstream. As a real free spirit and non-conformist, he still stands for a humanism in which left-wing and conservative thinking and acting are not mutually exclusive - on the contrary. Because Morrissey has heart AND mind. For some, his lack of naivety, ignorance and hypocrisy is a provocation, especially for disappointed former Smiths lovers, who cannot get over seeing their former idol deviate from their medically prescribed "politically correct" line. ...
No it doesn't, it's a word soup of meaning to those trying to extract something.

That says more about the presenters and their need to signal their politically correct virtue to their fellow Leftists in the media than it does about Morrissey as such. My admiration for Morrissey has only grown with his courageous statements and actions in recent years, and embracing Brexit and For Britain. As always, Morrissey stands alone against the tide of prefab opinion people would like to shove down all our throats. And the new album is great too - probably his best album since Southpaw Grammar (which I believe criminally underrated; though Vauxhall and I is the greatest album he's ever done - solo or with The Smiths).

yeah! Down wiv immigrunts!

No - WAIT - we need them to run the ad-hoc hospitals, then they can f*** off.

upset because someone is standing out for the racist party For-Britain? Give us a break pls.

its the small% of you that wont accept that your GOD has turned a racists
If you care that much just leave, go now, we don't need you ?

I've been narky today because the Edinburgh festivals finally extinguished all hope of spending my August drinking gin. I haven't seen an August for years. 'Aye, just say something about New Order, Surface, I'll new order you.' *weeps*

I will try to be nice.
Nice to be nice or like The Stranglers sang "Nice In Nice"...good song that.

yeah! Down wiv immigrunts!

No - WAIT - we need them to run the ad-hoc hospitals, then they can f*** off.
Exactly, with countless hundreds of thousands queuing for welfare, immigration has never been more vital. Who else is going to lick those stamps?

Exactly, with countless hundreds of thousands queuing for welfare, immigration has never been more vital. Who else is going to lick those stamps?
You have a very curious notion of what goes on in hospitals.

The only reason Morrissey is considered controversial is because people are shitless in fear of standing out or saying something that might upset the small % of people whose only purpose in life is to be upset. It is truly pathetic that radio DJs or anyone feels the need to explain or disclaim why they are playing a Moz song. You really don't need to be loved by everyone, just the people who count. I find myself more and more removed from a fickle society of spineless and boring mouth breathing mindless masses who can't accept anything that isn't sterilised, homogenised, simplified, and stilted. The world, as ever, is full of crashing bores. Since when do we listen to weak minded fools.

Agree - social media allowed total bastards to go about threatening careers if you didn't comply with their ever-increasing list of demands.

I used to get DMs all the time telling me I was following someone who was following someone who was following a Terf or a Nazi & if I didn't unfollow them I was a Terf or a Nazi. And No One Would Ever Speak To Me Or Employ Me Ever Again.

THE FEAR.

They overdid it though - only the very nervous care anymore.

burn the witch.png

Agree - social media allowed total bastards to go about threatening careers if you didn't comply with their ever-increasing list of demands.

I used to get DMs all the time telling me I was following someone who was following someone who was following a Terf or a Nazi & if I didn't unfollow them I was a Terf or a Nazi. And No One Would Ever Speak To Me Or Employ Me Ever Again.

THE FEAR.

They overdid it though - only the very nervous care anymore.

View attachment 55556
It really is our McCarthy era.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom