New Morrissey song played on BBC radio (with disclaimer) + Morrissey ridiculed on BBC R4 show

Long-term Morrissey/Smiths fan indie DJ (and TV bloke from the 80s), Gary Crowley, played River Clean on his BBC Radio London show a couple of nights ago. Said "I love this track" and was alerted to it by a couple of people (implying he hadn't bothered with the album). At the end he said (paraphrase) "that's a great track... if you can ignore all the other stuff about him".
Radio 4 comedy show tonight 6:30pm - comedian talked about how we breathe in billions of atoms in our lives. Probably the same ones that made up Oscar Wilde and Adolf Hitler - "that would explain Morrissey" (cue the biggest laugh of the evening).
That's where we are folks in 2020. Morrissey has become a cultural byword for the far right and racism. And when presenters do dare to play his latest songs, they apparently need to issue a disclaimer. Bit odd to think that some people claim he's turned a corner...

I think it's all 'prodding' to see if he'll 'reveal' himself...which he won't of course. I think he prefers to remain an enigma, but that kind of thing comes at a price, sadly.

Yeah. They'd love it he did a proper interview about what he feels & what he gets up to. Or a documentary with his family in it. I doubt they'd even ask about the pin because his personal life is more unknown & more interesting.

Yeah. They'd love it he did a proper interview about what he feels & what he gets up to. Or a documentary with his family in it. I doubt they'd even ask about the pin because his personal life is more unknown & more interesting.
I think that the pin badge would not be allowed to be mentioned, if there ever is an interview , as this would mean some sort of explanation on his part, and as we all know, he doesn't explain anything after he has made a statement... His personal life is , well he is a gay man, nothing more, nothing less.... keeps himself to himself, and I don't really think his life to be any more adventurous as mine or yours, bet he still calls his mam daily and goes out and buys plum jam.... going on the lash now and then...with close friends.... and the posting stuff on here under annon when full of ale....

Wearing a For-Britain Badge labeled him racists for ever.
Are you having a Thewlis moment today?

I refer you to Eric Clapton's rant in another thread. If they're not fussed about Slowhand wanting to keep Britain white, they can hold their wheesht about a pin.

This is what annoys me the most about moz, no promotional work , advertisement, nothin generated to cause a musical storm , its just a lack of everything in this department, he just hasn't kept up with the modern world and has been left behind. I don't give a rat's arse about his views, never have. Someone in the moz camp needs to get fingers out to push him more into the limelight, but I suspect its mozs fault as he won't employ anyone to push his face in to anywhere, or media promotion. .......

Yeah. He clearly doesn't like it. And wants the record company to do it all, which they won't.

Love it, love Morrissey, can all you twits go away now, you don’t belong here. Thank you.

I think that the pin badge would not be allowed to be mentioned, if there ever is an interview , as this would mean some sort of explanation on his part, and as we all know, he doesn't explain anything after he has made a statement... His personal life is , well he is a gay man, nothing more, nothing less.... keeps himself to himself, and I don't really think his life to be any more adventurous as mine or yours, bet he still calls his mam daily and goes out and buys plum jam.... going on the lash now and then...with close friends.... and the posting stuff on here under annon when full of ale....

People just want an insight.

The market for what a slebs kitchen looks like & who they're dating is infinite.

Wearing a For-Britain Badge labeled him racists for ever.
Are you having a Thewlis moment today?
You really need to get a grip pal and what the hell are you on about anyway? If you don't like him don't look at him.

I would have laughed at that joke on the radio! And enjoyed hearing the song too!

He will recover because it's an overreaction & doesn't have any real weight to it.

The joke doesn't pivot on him being a racist, it pivots on him being unfathomable. And you wouldn't say a song was great if you were fully committed to casting someone out forever.

He'll probably find something else to annoy people with.

You keep saying this but it's been over 2 years since his comments and nothing points to a recovery, recent gig attendances and album sales suggest the opposite?

People just want an insight.

The market for what a slebs kitchen looks like & who they're dating is infinite.
An insight Nerak would be the importance of being morrissey, and that was 20 odd years back.... and when I watched that , I thought his house was very plain, dull... apart from when you watched him running up the steps to his house with gusto looked very pop starish indeed.... I can remember a journalist years previous, saying that they had done a long interview over a few days, and that when he arrived at mozzers house, each time all the furniture was always rearranged.... I still love the man and his music no less than 1984.. but as long time fans we have been pulled on the rack, haven't we... saying that I can see that a 10 to 20 date tour of the uk is now never going to happen... we're all getting, gout, diabetes, ect .... I'm now just getting to the point where , as my daughter said yesterday she won't be seeing moz in a big arena, she's seen him 3 times with me.... it's not the same, is it any more.....

Love it, love Morrissey, can all you twits go away now, you don’t belong here. Thank you.
Yeah, you love it. You love Melvis. 14 other f***tards on here agree with you. ...but this is a public space. It’s not an exclusive, private club for the weak, feeble and outright brainwashed.

There are far fewer of you sycophantic c*** apologists on here than there are decent people. ...and that’s a good thing! One could -thankfully - reasonably extrapolate that this also applies to the planet as a whole.

So... how about YOU shuffle-off, ya wee daft twat. Get back up Melvis’ anus with the rest of your ilk - where you belong - and leave the commentary to those of us with functional cognitive capabilities.

Fak Arf.

You keep saying this but it's been over 2 years since his comments and nothing points to a recovery, recent gig attendances and album sales suggest the opposite?
Why do you two have these long drawn out discussions that never amount to anything? Neither of you will ever agree, or even agree to disagree. The only positive thing that comes out of this is Mrs Surface gets a break from you.

UK Is Not The World, Surfy, Moz travels the globe singing to fans so who knows what his sales will finally be for Dog On A Chain.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom