New single "My Love, I'd Do Anything For You" 7" listed on Amazon.co.uk (Mar. 2, 2018)

So there will be a third 7 inch from LIHS:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Love-Id...=1517944278&sr=8-3&keywords=morrissey+my+love

42166_mylove_amzn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have preferred 'Home is a ?' as a single because to me that is the stand out track from the album. I'm still really enjoying the whole album (especially the first 6 songs and the final song) so I don't understand the hate on this site.
Releasing a third single is not flogging a dead horse. Many bands did this in the 80s and 90s.
They have nothing better to do. The new album is fantastic.

I would have preferred 'Home is a ?' as a single because to me that is the stand out track from the album. I'm still really enjoying the whole album (especially the first 6 songs and the final song) so I don't understand the hate on this site.
Releasing a third single is not flogging a dead horse. Many bands did this in the 80s and 90s.
You're right, but I'm just not sure these songs are commercial enough to chart. I think STDIB was an exception and it was a good, quirky pop single. For what it's worth, I don't think the album is THAT bad although unlike most people, I prefer the second half (from STDIB onwards) - with the vigorous exception of IBTL and WWPUFTP which I think are two of the worst songs he's ever recorded. I really like In Your Lap and Israel, but they're not really singles either. I'm just not sure what the point is, unless it's to drum up interest for the tour (where we keep hearing the real money is).

What's wrong with releasing a few singles from the album? Many bands do this. And it makes some fans of LIHS happy. Nobody is forcing you or anyone to buy it.
Releasing another single from the album is a perfectly sensible thing to do after the swarm of biased reviews from people who slagged it off because they disagree with him politically. It'll hopefully put people back on track with the music, not their feelings.

What's wrong with releasing a few singles from the album? Many bands do this. And it makes some fans of LIHS happy. Nobody is forcing you or anyone to buy it.

There's nothing wrong with it, of course. It's only wrong in Uncle's eyes when Morrissey does it! Imagine if Morrissey had been involved in the classical Smiths debacle what Skinny would have been posting about that...

I do agree that Home would be a better single, but he doesn't like to release his more ballad-like songs, does he? I have often wondered why. So many great songs - I've Changed My Plea, I Know it's Gonna Happen, Jack The Ripper, Lost, Camden, Birthday, Home - have been overlooked as potential singles.

Last edited:
Probably the next best choice for a single on lihs which was not really a singles album. Wonder fnitll get a video of some sort

Probably the next best choice for a single on lihs which was not really a singles album. Wonder fnitll get a video of some sort

yes, agree not a singles album, great song anyhow.

A new video is always welcome!, hopefully something like STDIB rather than the the 'Jacky' video which I didn't care for as much. Hope the video is just him making a sandwich for a friend, should be within BMG's budget.

:)

Can't believe this idiot is a mod on here.

@Uncleskinny is a Mod because he’s been here since the beginning. He’s contributed a ton of great stuff over the years and has been a fan since The Smiths were a band. I wish people would be more respectful to those facts. But as someone once said, “these are the dying days”
Respect is a lost art.

Morrissey was spot on calling this website Morrissey So-Low with hideous people like Uncleskinny operating as moderators. The man who calls everyone a Nazi, but who in reality is the biggest piece of Nazi-scum of all.

With respect, he might be referring to today's celebration of Women's Rights. The rights of Women to live a life, to vote, to work, to live as a free, independant woman....and so on.

Hazard
x

;)
He'd be better off just releasing a surprise standalone single like he used to in my opinion.
Public interest in LIHS was about as high as high school cafeteria tuna noodle casserole. And boy, do the kids clamor for tuna noodle casserole...

You spoiled the surprise now. :(
Whatever it is.
The rumourmill has to be feeded and between all the rumours the real one is hided.

A good live rendition of Truly Dissapoined I would appreciate as that covers it very well.
And appropriate and I am already ready for the disappointment.
Good job!

@Uncleskinny is a Mod because he’s been here since the beginning. He’s contributed a ton of great stuff over the years and has been a fan since The Smiths were a band. I wish people would be more respectful to those facts. But as someone once said, “these are the dying days”
Respect is a lost art.

And you just proved it!

LOL

I couldn't help myself. The world will end with people laughing at it being sarcastic.

"The world ends tomorrow"

"Yeah, how am I supposed to watch my favourite Netflix movies and tv series now?"

@Uncleskinny is a Mod because he’s been here since the beginning. He’s contributed a ton of great stuff over the years and has been a fan since The Smiths were a band.

'Has been a fan'? That implies 'still is' when clearly he has absolutely nothing but hatred for modern day Morrissey, and contempt for anyone who doesn't share this view. No problem being like that - quite understandable in fact, but why the f*** would you want to be (or get invited to be) a moderator on a fan website? It is nothing short of absolute madness.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom