New Year's Eve

What are you doing for new year's eve? I think I need some fresh ideas this year...

new_year.gif

We're going over to a friend's house, and we'll cook there. They put me in charge for the booze. :cool: (I actually volunteered!)
Then afterwards, to a party in the city (I dread the idea of having to dance..)

I have learnt over the years that the more you plan somthing for New Years, the worse it is. I have been to a club once on New Years once, it was awful, I have been to the pub, it was terrible, I have been to dinner parties (that was the worst New Year I have ever had), I have hosted bad parties... last year was the best New Years I jhave ever had, I went to a friends house with about 10 other people, and it was great. This year, I am going to the pub, hope it will be ok.:rolleyes: My advice: a few select people you know very well at someones house.

If it were chica and me, we'd just stay at home together in the tub. ;)

Some ordinary friends ;)

But what are you doing, no one?

generally hate it.... as i'm such a happy soul, but it's the company...;last year was good in a huge club down brick lane, with one of oldest friends and the majority of his girlfriends friends, all jolly nice people. friends houses are normally the best you want to be with friends or family. this year at home:) i have excuses too... why i'm being a hermit.

Last year I got my feelings smashed, so being unhappy, me and a few mates had a piss up in my mates garage and I ended up drinking about ten bottles of beer, a few vodka's and someother stuff and spent three days after in bed throwing up violently!

This year will be better! ;)

Only ten beers? Wuzz. :cool:

If it were chica and me, we'd just stay at home together in the tub. ;)

Some ordinary friends ;)

But what are you doing, no one?

you mean in a champagne bubble bath?

oh, i am sure they just seem ordinary when in your company... :p

i don't know yet...that is why i am seeking out ideas here. maybe i will just join in on the best-looking plan for that night. ;)

you mean in a champagne bubble bath?

oh, i am sure they just seem ordinary when in your company... :p

i don't know yet...that is why i am seeking out ideas here. maybe i will just join in on the best-looking plan for that night. ;)

Of course champagne bubble bath - chica's body doesn't deserve anything less :cool:

Well, there's always fireworks here too...Then like 23:55h everybody goes outside, till 0:15h and then get back inside to drink more. Fun :rolleyes:

I hate New Years Eve. The new year is just another day, since time, in man-made terms, is meaningless.

It doesn't herald a fresh start, a new beginning or anything remotely interesting. All it heralds is more hassle and bullshit, tedium, unhappiness, boredom, strain, stress and despair. I will be staying in and I won't be celebrating. I won't be drinking or eating. I won't bother whether I see anyone or not. If people are there, fine. If they aren't, fine. It doesn't make a blind bit of difference to me, it doesn't change a thing because it's just another day, and I know when I get up in the morning that the same problems and irritations will still be there.

I wanted to fly back to Japan before New Year's Eve in order to avoid terrible neighbours' noisy party, but unable to do so.:(

Last edited:
Well, Crime Of The Century! as far as I know, not many people really enjoy New Years, I cartainly don't know anyone who does. It is just another day, but as long as we're here, we might as well try and make the best of it.:)

Let's say it is man-made, which is debatable. I mean, numbering the years and all, that's certainly based on something, and the length of a year is definitely a scientific fact, but that's not the point to me.

A renewal is a great thing. I've been trapped in patterns before in my life, some I could see, and some I could not, and I'm still trapped in certain patterns, but the idea of being able to start over is not something to be dismissed.

We all make mistakes, hold grudges, gain addictions, whatever... We hold on to things that do not help us, but instead hurt us. Having the ability to start fresh, even if it is just because of some numbers in the calendar, is a great thing, and for all the people that want to make positive changes in your lives, I wish you the best.

I have persuaded my flatmates a party is not a good idea this year, and they have agreed to only have a small gathering, which I think is going to be boys on XBoxes:rolleyes: I won't really be there until I get back from the pub, so it shouldn't be too bad I hope...

come to think of it i may have a last minute thing to do....?

I'll be opening the front door (to let the new year in) and the back door (to let the old year out).

I don't understand the logic behind it either, but it's a bit of a silly tradition my family has, and I don't want to skip it one year in case the world ends, and it's all my fault ;)

Back
Top Bottom