New York City, NY - Lunt-Fontanne Theatre (May 10, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Everyday Is Like Sunday / Is It Really So Strange? / Spent The Day In Bed / Suedehead / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Dial-a-Cliché / Morning Starship / Back On The Chain Gang / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / The Bullfighter Dies / Speedway / Girl Afraid / Life Is A Pigsty / Hold On To Your Friends / Jack The Ripper / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm & Anon

Last edited:
Setlist Again is So Repeated But The Different Thing Is The Orders Of The Songs .. No New Tunes From Califronia Son :confused::confused::squiffy::(

It seems awkward on both sides.

‘Can you sign my jacket?’

“No”

:lbf:

I loved that.

Actually, I once worked with a guy who was extremely pedantic, and he did impart this upon me:

Can is a question of capability. So the correct answer to that question is in fact...Yes...I can sign your jacket, but I won't. :)

Encore - FOTGTD.
Featuring 2 stage invaders (one being 'Kyle'):

Counting sheep doesn't work for me.
FWD.

My main gripe with the current set list (though I am very happy that Meat Is Murder has been retired!), is the insistence to always play I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris, WPINOYB, and If You Don’t Like Me..., the latter an obvious message to those who criticise his “maddening views”. It’d also be nice to swap out What She Said with other fast-paced Smiths tunes now and again, like Nowhere Fast.

What no trident badge!

Uncleskinny will have no reason to be angry tonight. :(
soon as skinny opens his net curtains in the morning hes angry,just the thought that M is still alive is just enough to flip him over the edge.

soon as skinny opens his net curtains in the morning hes angry,just the thought that M is still alive is just enough to flip him over the edge.

Morrissey will probably die in a way that offends Skinny and he’ll have the shits about that.

So depressing to hear some sycophant mutter “Satan stole my stole” in the most awkward and desperate tone of voice. I love Moz, but this stage door is what the bottom of the barrel looks like.
If it was a fur stole only Satan would want it.

What no trident badge!

Uncleskinny will have no reason to be angry tonight. :(
Insert dramatic music here!

20190511_092250.jpg

Running for cover... :)
FWD.

What Does it Mean ? ... ( Run For Cover ) . Playing New Songs From California Son .
You may want to go look at the several threads about it. Starting here: https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/moz-shows-off-his-for-britain-badge-last-night.144007/
As he's still wearing the badge, I was jokingly getting out of this thread before it gets taken over with comments. The fact he's still got it on was highlighted in lots of the pictures from the gig and it will probably annoy some.
Regards,
FWD.

Better still Morrissey's will live to be 100 and outlive his detractors.

Well, it wouldn’t surprise me, given the similarities I drew yesterday between he and Charles Aznavour here, it’s worth noting that Charles lived to be 94 and was still touring just prior to his passing: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/charles-aznavour/2018/afas-live-amsterdam-netherlands-23ef9c5b.html

The former (version in English) was one of my grandmother’s favourite songs and played at her funeral in 2004. The latter is the song that is played before Morrissey gigs start, albeit a version in his younger years.

Insert dramatic music here!

View attachment 49393

Running for cover... :)
FWD.
O boy. There's nothing left to be said except thank you FWD for a great week of concert coverage and DOC and all who make it possible to be there in spirit All the new and old songs were a pleasure. I would love to hear 'I like you' as I'm not right in the head nor is morrissey and this is why I like him, but I'm looking forward to any changes to the setlist. Hopefully someone will post it to youtube as having trouble with Instagram. Thanks again, it's been a great week to visit solo.

You may want to go look at the several threads about it. Starting here: https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/moz-shows-off-his-for-britain-badge-last-night.144007/
As he's still wearing the badge, I was jokingly getting out of this thread before it gets taken over with comments. The fact he's still got it on was highlighted in lots of the pictures from the gig and it will probably annoy some.
Regards,
FWD.

It's not that it will 'annoy some', Famous Dead.
It will hemorrhage the fan base, prevent him from ever doing a UK tour again (at least on the scale he's used to), and may stop any record company ever offering him a deal again thus curtailing his recording career.
It will put tons of people off listening to (and loving) the music of the Smiths, and he will be increasingly remembered as a ghastly, idiotic right-wing bigot.
Oddly, for someone who seems so bright, you really don't seem to appreciate what's at stake here.

Setlist Again is So Repeated But The Different Thing Is The Orders Of The Songs .. No New Tunes From Califronia Son :confused::confused::squiffy::(
No and it won't happen till after the release of CS....it would be posted everywhere and less people would buy it...so are hope is in the 3 teasers which he has played 2 of these 3(still hopeful for ITS OVER)
1 Its over
2 morning starship
3 wedding Bell Blues
And of course we now have b-side Brow of the Beloved but I dont think he will play live ....stranger things have happened

I had wish ,since this was kinda of a extension of Low In High School playlist we would see the new tracks from deluxe
1 lover to be
2 never again will I be a twin(my fav)
3 this song doesn't end when its over
4 and b-side I thought you were dead

Of course with 2 [1 NY,1 PA]shows left and a tv appearance before CS release, it looks bleak ...

This is where, and they may not recognize it yet, the Canada dates that got postponed will work in there favour,(unless they like the same songs over,over,over) because instead of a tour of MUSIC FROM HIS REPERTOIRE they will now get a true CALIFORNIA SON tour along with every other city in fall .....which thank God, that includes my polluted state of Texas and its chemical waste. ....(for that I apologize for the money hungry ,unethical gas driven moguls that have saturated the land,not to get off topic)...

Anyways
Just my take....not official ,but I'd put money on this theory.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom