Newcastle, Australia - Civic Theatre (Oct. 31, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / All You Need Is Me / Speedway (w/ Happy Lovers At Last United sung at end by Moz) / Istanbul / Irish Blood, English Heart / Because Of My Poor Education / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / One Of Our Own / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / All The Lazy Dykes / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / What She Said / Good Looking Man About Town / Oboe Concerto // Judy Is A Punk

setlist provided by crawleyrocket.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, no, no, no, don't tease, torment and tantalise.

Happy Lovers At Last United full song request please.

And while you're at it how about Lifeguard 0n Duty...

My goodness, that setlist!!! The stuff of dreams! Lucky Novocastrians and all who went along. He has been on brilliant form the last five shows. I think the smaller venues/cities made for a much more intimate show and it really paid off. It has been such a great Australian tour and I hope Moz has enjoyed it as much as we have. I can't wait for him to come back again.

I tried to get last-minute flights/hotel to Newcastle Sunday night but the prices were truly astronomical and so I decided against it. I quite regret that decision now. :(

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / All You Need Is Me / Speedway (w/ Happy Lovers At Last United sung at end by Moz) / Istanbul / Irish Blood, English Heart / Because Of My Poor Education / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / One Of Our Own / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / All The Lazy Dykes / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / What She Said / Good Looking Man About Town / Oboe Concerto // Judy Is Punk

setlist provided by crawleyrocket.

Jesus, congrats to you all who witnessed his concert in Newcastle!
You are lucky bastards for having him at that time and space and he felt in good spirits and health and did that setlist!
His voice is unbelievable good and I enjoyed all your comments and video footage. Thank you so much!

I was totally floored by this show. It was truly amazing. To quote darkeyelids, 'I left the venue totally dazed.' I know the feeling. There was nobody at the stage door when I got there because I think I was the last person out of the theatre. The ladies at the merchandise stall seemed so fun and jolly with everyone so I waited to get a photo of them too. I didn't have a plan for after the show but I really was not ready or able to start the 2.5 hour drive back to Sydney. I had never been to Newcastle before but I followed my nose and ended up in the Crowne Plaza Hotel bar.

Somehow I managed to Tweet the setlist live with at least 1 photo per song during the show. Before the show I decided that I'd see how this was going during the first few songs because I was worried it might spoil it for me but I was managing to send them quickly so I decided to continue as it felt OK. Thanks to anyone who showed appreciation for that because the feedback has been overwhelming. Anyway, I sat in the bar looking back at my posts and used them to put together the setlist which I added in the comments here and then put up on setlist.fm. I had a great 3rd row ticket so I was very happy with the photos I got too.

There were some crew members and fans in the bar also. Eventually, I left and started my drive home, making it to bed at around 3:30am.

Looking back at setlist.fm today, there are a few added parenthesised notes.

According to setlist.fm:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/morrissey/2016/civic-theatre-newcastle-australia-63faea87.html

Because Of My Poor Education:
'First time live since 2009'

Good Looking Man About Town:
'First time live since 2007'

I remember seeing Because Of My Poor Education during the Tour of Refusal in 2009 at Brixton Academy (will need to check - looks like I did. And at RAH later that year) and I think I've seen Good Looking Man About town before but will need to check this also (nope, looks like this was the first time for me). Either way, they both sounded great and were very welcome residents last night.

CR

Last edited:
do you know why people are allowed in early before everyone else despite getting there at the end? i find it unfair

Because they are on Morrissey's guest list, so get free entry to every show, and a place reserved for them on the barrier without having to queue. How they got on this list, and whether they actually deserve it, is another issue.

Because they are on Morrissey's guest list, so get free entry to every show, and a place reserved for them on the barrier without having to queue. How they got on this list, and whether they actually deserve it, is another issue.

I don't think this was the case for Canberra... actually well it could have been. When I got in there, and I was about the 20th person to go in, there was only a very small handful of people on the barrier (4 or 5) and so you could wander up to the barrier and get a great spot without any jostling. I presumed they were the ones who had been waiting at the doors when they opened, rather than being fans with preferential treatment. If this wasn't the case though, then it does seem unfair. I don't have any proof either way though. I'm just glad the barrier was huge enough to give a lot of us a chance to get so close.

I was totally floored by this show. It was truly amazing. To quote darkeyelids, 'I left the venue totally dazed.' I know the feeling. There was nobody at the stage door when I got there because I think I was the last person out of the theatre. The ladies at the merchandise stall seemed so fun and jolly with everyone so I waited to get a photo of them too. I didn't have a plan for after the show but I really was not ready or able to start the 2.5 hour drive back to Sydney. I had never been to Newcastle before but I followed my nose and ended up in the Crowne Plaza Hotel bar.

Somehow I managed to Tweet the setlist live with at least 1 photo per song during the show. Before the show I decided that I'd see how this was going during the first few songs because I was worried it might spoil it for me but I was managing to send them quickly so I decided to continue as it felt OK. Thanks to anyone who showed appreciation for that because the feedback has been overwhelming. Anyway, I sat in the bar looking back at my posts and used them to put together the setlist which I added in the comments here and then put up on setlist.fm. I had a great 3rd row ticket so I was very happy with the photos I got too.

There were some crew members and fans in the bar also. Eventually, I left and started my drive home, making it to bed at around 3:30am.

Looking back at setlist.fm today, there are a few added parenthesised notes.

According to setlist.fm:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/morrissey/2016/civic-theatre-newcastle-australia-63faea87.html

Because Of My Poor Education:
'First time live since 2009'

Good Looking Man About Town:
'First time live since 2007'

I remember seeing Because Of My Poor Education during the Swords tour at Brixton Academy (will need to check) and I think I've seen Good Looking Man About town before but will need to check this also. Either way, they both sounded great and were very welcome residents last night.

CR

Great post. And informative as well!
Thank you so much Crawley!
If there would ever be a chance I would be having a nice bottle of Mersault with you on my costs!
Have a little vegan lunch to accompany it. :thumb:

I don't think this was the case for Canberra... actually well it could have been. When I got in there, and I was about the 20th person to go in, there was only a very small handful of people on the barrier (4 or 5) and so you could wander up to the barrier and get a great spot without any jostling. I presumed they were the ones who had been waiting at the doors when they opened, rather than being fans with preferential treatment. If this wasn't the case though, then it does seem unfair. I don't have any proof either way though. I'm just glad the barrier was huge enough to give a lot of us a chance to get so close.
it seems as though if you have the money to follow him around you're certainly priviledged.. makes me feel like im not good enough in a way. i waited out for 13 hours and a girl who arrived 30 mins before doors opened was in there before me. I managed to get barrier but other people had waited longer than them. props to them for using all their money to see him but when you've had to save every dollar just to see him once its like ://... another thing, do they just get spotted constantly and then put on guest list?

it seems as though if you have the money to follow him around you're certainly priviledged.. makes me feel like im not good enough in a way. i waited out for 13 hours and a girl who arrived 30 mins before doors opened was in there before me. I managed to get barrier but other people had waited longer than them. props to them for using all their money to see him but when you've had to save every dollar just to see him once its like ://... another thing, do they just get spotted constantly and then put on guest list?

I understand that - so many fans go to a lot of effort to travel and see him when and where they can so when others get preferential treatment it doesn't feel good. Thankfully my opportunities are so rare, being in Australia and not able to get OS very often, that I've never been exposed to this kind of situation in the handful of times I've seen him. I think I'd feel pretty rubbish if it happened to me so I completely understand where you're coming from.

At the gig where you waited such a long time (kudos to you by the way), what show was this for?

What a treat - still can't believe he sang it. Thanks for posting!!!
Neither could we. I don't usually film at gigs but I did a few short ones and I'm glad I did this one. He sang Because Of My Poor Education so beautifully, especially the ending.

Great live version of this song.
More raw and rocky and loud.
Like it better than on the CD single I have.
His voice is so good now!
Thanks for posting.

This is a good one, what does he say at the end of the song ? Sounds like Ball...

Thank you for the people that post videos on instagram

:openbook:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom