Newcastle, Australia - Civic Theatre (Oct. 31, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / All You Need Is Me / Speedway (w/ Happy Lovers At Last United sung at end by Moz) / Istanbul / Irish Blood, English Heart / Because Of My Poor Education / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / One Of Our Own / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / All The Lazy Dykes / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / What She Said / Good Looking Man About Town / Oboe Concerto // Judy Is A Punk

setlist provided by crawleyrocket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morrissey 31/10/2016
Civic Theatre, Newcastle

Setlist: Suedehead / All You Need Is Me / Speedway (No instrument switch but w/ Happy Lovers At Last United sung in the break before coda by Moz) / Istanbul / Irish Blood, English Heart / Because Of My Poor Education / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I Will See You In Far-off Places / One Of Our Own / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / All The Lazy Dykes / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / What She Said / Good Looking Man About Town / Oboe Concerto // Judy Is Punk

Fantastic concert tonight in Newcastle. The venue was beautiful and the sound was amazing; very clear and solid. Morrissey's voice sounded superb throughout the show. The setlist was interesting and varied and the band and Morrissey had great energy. There were two shirt changes with the obligatory fabric fight, a book signing mid-show, a small stage invasion, a punkish cover version, two rarely-played B-sides and a fainting during Meat Is Murder. All the elements for a classic Morrissey concert were there and it was wonderful to see him from the third row for my 27th show. I'm so so happy I decided to see a second show. Thanks Morrissey and band for coming back to Australia for this mini-tour. Now for the 2.5 hour drive back to Sydney.
Good night.
CR x

Last edited:
Good looking man about town?? f*** .. I love that song... + Judy is a punk, lazy dykes, poor education, staircase, bride and the happy lovers snippet. Way to wait till the last gig of the tour to change it up a bit :S

Good looking man about town?? f*** .. I love that song... + Judy is a punk, lazy dykes, poor education, staircase, bride and the happy lovers snippet. Way to wait till the last gig of the tour to change it up a bit :S

No 'Staircase...' tonight but yes, it was a very good show. Loved it!

Absolutely amazing show, highlight of the entire tour. I left the venue in an absolute daze. Managed to get some of his shirt, so blessed.

Big big love to Moz, come back soon

Spectaculat show. Fabulous crowd. Lovely people and energy permeating the whole affair. A couple of tense moments, but a special, intimate night. One to remember. Worthy of his reputation. Thank you, Moz. We love you. Please come back soon. Thank you.

Well done, dark. A girl ran off with my bit! Just happy to have been there. He touched us, and we touched him. A lot of touching going on, tonight. What a f***ing legend Morrissey is. Genius. Love.

Did Trinity get in or was she banned? Did anybody else get 'walked in' considering Trinity was the only official guestlist person on the OZ Tour?

Did Trinity get in or was she banned? Did anybody else get 'walked in' considering Trinity was the only official guestlist person on the OZ Tour?

What about Curtis?
How both can afford all this is beyond me. No jobs, never had jobs etc !

Jesus, he sang Good looking man. It is my top 10 favourite tracks. Those lucky bastards in Newcastle.

What about Curtis?
How both can afford all this is beyond me. No jobs, never had jobs etc !
Curtis can 'afford' it because he lies, cheats, and steals. He has stolen money from several people that I know of, sold fake tickets to several people I have met, sells stolen goods back home in Manchester, and borrows money from anyone that is stupid enough to trust him with no intention of paying it back. He is worse than Trinity who might bum a couch at someone's place or take free food at any opportunity, but at least pays her way for most of the part. But for Curtis, karma will be biting him hard in the end, this I can assure you.

Second time I've seen him play it... Was it on the set list one night in Sydney last year...? Or at the Enmore 2012?

I reckon I guess one day when Steve is desperate for money again and needs to go to some place called Austrialililia to get money, I will try and find where this land is. It's cute how you lots have your special little Morrissey show characters like Julia.

It's always best for you foreigners to go to shows right before Morrissey goes home to LA, he is usually in a good mood because he is leaving your country.

I reckon I guess one day when Steve is desperate for money again and needs to go to some place called Austrialililia to get money, I will try and find where this land is. It's cute how you lots have your special little Morrissey show characters like Julia.

It's always best for you foreigners to go to shows right before Morrissey goes home to LA, he is usually in a good mood because he is leaving your country.

Yawn!

Excellent way to mix things up for the last Australian gig! If setlist FM is to be trusted, this is only the fifth time ever that he's played "Good Looking Man About Town." I do hope it's not a one-off performance of the song (for this tour) and that it's staying in the setlist for now. :tiphat:

I quite enjoy your belief that Morrissey is 'desperate for money'. Just how many millions do you think he needs before he is no longer desperate? Didn't someone work out that he had made over $50 million over the past 25 years? I'm guessing he has enough to not have to bother touring. Bob Dylan keeps going because he has various ex-wives and children to keep happy...I don't think Morrissey has that issue.

A civilized, vaguely thoughtful reply would be appreciated...but looking at your other posts, I'm not hopeful.

Oh I saw Aztec Camera once. They were terrible.

Excellent way to mix things up for the last Australian gig! If setlist FM is to be trusted, this is only the fifth time ever that he's played "Good Looking Man About Town." I do hope it's not a one-off performance of the song (for this tour) and that it's staying in the setlist for now. :tiphat:
It's probably a one time thing, like when he played Have A Go Merchant

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom