Nick Cave is older than Morrissey

esskay

That's all I have to say.

Nick Cave is older than Morrissey.

Nick Cave's most recent album shits all over Morrissey's new album.

You can excuse Morrissey, I guess, by saying he's an old man. But he doesn't have to be so old. Nick Cave, who is older, has made much better songs, with better lyrics, with better singing, over the last 15 or 20 years. Over the past year.

Nick Cave really works at his songs, non-stop. Morrissey seems like a lazy bastard.

You can excuse Morrissey, I guess, by saying he's an old man. But he doesn't have to be so old. Nick Cave, who is older, has made much better songs, with better lyrics, with better singing, over the last 15 or 20 years. Over the past year.

Nick Cave really works at his songs, non-stop. Morrissey seems like a lazy bastard.

Ok.. Now go to a Cave fórum.

I never got the fuss about Nick Cave. I don't think I'm cool enough.

Nick Cave is everything morrissey promised to be and started out as, a literate pop star. He has published novels, screen plays, poems and made lps that have been respected by by fans and critics.
Morrissey in contrast was only really poetic in The Smiths and early solo years. Post 2000 Morrissey , apart from a few singles, he has been a joke. Relying only on his voice. The words are childish, easy writes and even his stage craft has been limited to 50 to 60 minutes of stale showmanship.
The difference is Cave is an artist in the true sense of the word and morrissey is now just a pop star. A good pop star but nothing more. America gets the blame for this but its not their fault. Morrissey is just an old man with a drink problem, whos career is now a vanity project. The only people who fall for his BS are thick latinos, so thick they buy into the rebel pose.

Nick Cave is everything morrissey promised to be and started out as, a literate pop star. He has published novels, screen plays, poems and made lps that have been respected by by fans and critics.
Morrissey in contrast was only really poetic in The Smiths and early solo years. Post 2000 Morrissey , apart from a few singles, he has been a joke. Relying only on his voice. The words are childish, easy writes and even his stage craft has been limited to 50 to 60 minutes of stale showmanship.
The difference is Cave is an artist in the true sense of the word and morrissey is now just a pop star. A good pop star but nothing more. America gets the blame for this but its not their fault. Morrissey is just an old man with a drink problem, whos career is now a vanity project. The only people who fall for his BS are thick latinos, so thick they buy into the rebel pose.

If you were half as bright as you reckon Cavey is you'd know all this is subjective no?

Last edited:

Ehhh that Nick Cave record really wasn't that great. If you are going to do a comparison like this go with Scott Walker, or Swans, or something similar.

Nick Cave charges more for concerts than Morrissey.

I love Nick Cave; his latest album was great. But that is a ridiculous comment. "Morrissey and Nick Cave both sing depressing sorts of songs and are around the same age, they must be exactly the same!" ... have you not got any idea the number of variables involved which would make them so utterly different that you can not make this a fair comparison? And age? Since when it that a judge of music? Some artists peak with their first album at 20yrs of age, some struggle as artist for ages before hitting their peak in their 40s ... people are actually so radically different, unique and varied that reducing everyone two people are to the facts that: they're both singers, they're similar ages and they sing depressing songs is just stupid.
Morrissey and Nick Cave have been compared many times during their careers and I'm not sure why, Nick Cave is a hell of a lot darker than Morrissey is. Morrissey is a pop artist.

I don't think either write depressing songs, a depressing song to me is something that says nothing and offers nothing. Cave isn't my bag at all but I've nothing against him.

He is a pop artist too though, I don't rate musicians on their seriousness by their moodiness.

Better than people that claim to like Tom Waits. I know the two have nothing in common except similar levels of popularity and similar types of fans, but if a ranking system were to be devised this would be a start.

I don't think either write depressing songs, a depressing song to me is something that says nothing and offers nothing. Cave isn't my bag at all but I've nothing against him.

He is a pop artist too though, I don't rate musicians on their seriousness by their moodiness.

Ok then, depressing subject matter. Whether you find it depressing or not is irrelevant, if we are going by the majority, they write depressing songs. Personally I find it uplifting because it speaks to me and I identify with it and it is a comfort. I don't find it depressing. But there is no way you can objectively say that I Know It's Over, Asleep or Watching Alice aren't pretty depressing subject matter.

I think a song that says nothing or offers nothing is called Guns N Roses.

Ok then, depressing subject matter. Whether you find it depressing or not is irrelevant, if we are going by the majority, they write depressing songs. Personally I find it uplifting because it speaks to me and I identify with it and it is a comfort. I don't find it depressing. But there is no way you can objectively say that I Know It's Over, Asleep or Watching Alice aren't pretty depressing subject matter.

I think a song that says nothing or offers nothing is called Guns N Roses.
What if it is simply a great tune?
That's enough for me.

Morrissey has a sharp sense of humour. Nick Cave doesn't. I was never into him or any other Australian music for that matter other than AC DC and Midnight Oil whom I love.

Back
Top Bottom