NME discussion

• Thread starter Deleted member 29417
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29417

‘But the fact both men felt the need to comment suggests they knew there might always be the risk of what tonight’s show eventually proves – this is the best Smiths gig since December 12t 1986, when Morrissey and Marr last took the stage together, and possibly boasts one of the best Smiths live setlists ever.‘

- NME

o_O:crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

The NME are loathsome. May their print edition rot in hell & their metrics wither.

I can't remember what thread this came up on but, here's a press cutting to back up the point I was making that their homophobic lie about Madstock caused Morrissey's current demonisation.

Bastards.

20211011_152844.jpg

The NME are loathsome. May their print edition rot in hell & their metrics wither.

I can't remember what thread this came up on but, here's a press cutting to back up the point I was making that their homophobic lie about Madstock caused Morrissey's current demonisation.

Bastards.

View attachment 76946

informative, the NME are loathsome.Sticking in the knife with such bizarre comments as the one I posted above.

informative, the NME are loathsome.Sticking in the knife with such bizarre comments as the one I posted above.

I'm absolutely f***ing raging about it.

They've had time to update since Morrissey's statement but they're choosing to cite Fiona to keep their stinking narrative alive.

What are you raging about?

That the NME lied about Morrissey in 1992 & have continued to reinforce the lie.

None of this would have happened if they didn't think he was gay.

He would have had more faith in mainstream media for a start - but also journalists wouldn't have scrutinised & twisted his words & would have noticed that he is overwhelmingly obsessed with animals & dislikes authority.

So the review annoyed me.

That the NME lied about Morrissey in 1992 & have continued to reinforce the lie.

None of this would have happened if they didn't think he was gay.

He would have had more faith in mainstream media for a start - but also journalists wouldn't have scrutinised & twisted his words & would have noticed that he is overwhelmingly obsessed with animals & dislikes authority.

So the review annoyed me.

Not sure what the lie was Nerak and I'm not sure what your talking about - "if they didn't think he was gay"

Not sure what the lie was Nerak and I'm not sure what your talking about - "if they didn't think he was gay"

In the name - they falsely accused him of racism as a way of attacking his sexuality a month after Channel 4 had broadcast a documentary about gay skinhead culture in which Skrewdriver's roadie & ex National Front organiser, Nicky Crane, had come out as gay.

20210918_082220.jpg

20210918_082202.jpg

SKINHEAD3.jpg

20210907_005518.jpg

I hope I’m winning?! Anything that
triggers you and Surf.... the pleasure is all mine. :thumb:

don’t be :( Verso, things will get better for ya.

It’s a daily competition between Ket and Nerak to see who’s the more delusional lunatic re: Morrissey.

I find it all a bit odd, all my mates and myself were massivley into Morrissey back then and I can't remember any outrage amongst Morrissey fans at the time?

I find it all a bit odd, all my mates and myself were massivley into Morrissey back then and I can't remember any outrage amongst Morrissey fans at the time?

They didn't have social media to work themselves into a frenzy - but this was working its way through the media.

It's in the press cuttings.

They didn't have social media to work themselves into a frenzy - but this was working its way through the media.

It's in the press cuttings.

I remember reading it, but most people I knew just said whatever. As I mentioned before, it didn't harm his career at all, his albums sold more and the venues got bigger post the article.

Documented and discussed in the elaborate fantasy of your mind, untethered from anything that we on earth would call “real.”

You're either not very bright or you're hanging on to the hope I'll fight with you on here.

I don't care about your trolling.

You're either not very bright or you're hanging on to the hope I'll fight with you on here.

I don't care about your trolling.
I’m not interested in fighting with you, I just think you need to do everyone a favor and stop trying to push this absurd theory that Morrissey’s entire racism narrative comes out of media outlets being angry about his homosexuality. There’s no one who thinks you’re onto something except for Ket, who’s so damaged that she (like you) would believe anything that lets Morrissey off the hook for some of the things he’s said. It’s fan fiction.

I remember reading it, but most people I knew just said whatever. As I mentioned before, it didn't harm his career at all, his albums sold more and the venues got bigger post the article.

Think of the NME lie in 1992 as where the fuse was lit & the BBC 6 concert in 2017 as where the bomb exploded.

That's why the hack sees it as the root of all controversy.

Because every time they do a bit of prep for a story on him - there it is - putting a question mark over him that shouldn't be there.

20211011_152844.jpg

Back
Top Bottom