NME: "Soundtrack Of My Life: ‘The Inbetweeners’ star James Buckley" (February 19, 2021)

James_Buckley-1392x884.jpg

The first song I fell in love with.

The Smiths – ‘There Is A Light That Never Goes Out’

“I’m in my thirties and the idea of falling in love with a song seems stupid to me now, but when I was a teenager I was really into The Smiths. I just thought that he was singing about me – that’s how you think when you’re that age. Y’know, ‘I’m a bit miserable and a bit awkward in social settings’. I guess I would have downloaded it on Napster. I’m a sucker for a guitarist – self-taught from the age of about 10. I’ve always just appreciated really good guitars. So obviously Johnny Marr is a hero of mine."

Very brief mention of The Smiths amongst others.
Regards,
FWD.

Imagine considering the idea of falling in love with a song "stupid". :crazy:

Simon Bird is so fa-bu-lous in the Inbetweeners. :love:

Does anyone fall in love with an instrumental? Does "The Draize Train" speak to James personally about his life? But, yeah, obviously Johnny's your hero :rolleyes:

Does anyone fall in love with an instrumental? Does "The Draize Train" speak to James personally about his life? But, yeah, obviously Johnny's your hero :rolleyes:

It has happened to me.

He appreciates "really good guitars", Joe. :lbf:

Me, I appreciate really shitty guitars (at least according to some people on here).

Last edited:
It has happened to me.

He appreciates "really good guitars", Joe. :lbf:

Me, I appreciate really shitty guitars (at least according to some people one here).

í feel this may say something about your 'love life' that í may not wish to know...? ;)

í feel this may say something about your 'love life' that í may not wish to know...? ;)

You definitely don't want to know about My Love Life.

'Really good guitars' though.

How empty and hollow his inner life must be if he thinks it’s stupid to fall in love with music after the age of 30. Scary.

Of course, music can be hugely emotional. Moz did...
and I'd say this one was a good candidate, too.

i used to give james buckley tips on playing call of duty when he used to play it on his youtube channel.good guy and very down to earth.

Of course, music can be hugely emotional. Moz did...
and I'd say this one was a good candidate, too.

I've often wondered why minor chords make us feel sad or nostalgic. Where do we learn to react in that way? How can a chord in itself sound sad? How can you 'hear' sadness other than through the obvious sad sounds such as sobbing?

I've often wondered why minor chords make us feel sad or nostalgic. Where do we learn to react in that way? How can a chord in itself sound sad? How can you 'hear' sadness other than through the obvious sad sounds such as sobbing?
Ennio Morricone's music is a prime example of sad music that makes you happy. I don't know what makes some of the melodies sad.

View attachment 68819

The first song I fell in love with.

The Smiths – ‘There Is A Light That Never Goes Out’

“I’m in my thirties and the idea of falling in love with a song seems stupid to me now, but when I was a teenager I was really into The Smiths. I just thought that he was singing about me – that’s how you think when you’re that age. Y’know, ‘I’m a bit miserable and a bit awkward in social settings’. I guess I would have downloaded it on Napster. I’m a sucker for a guitarist – self-taught from the age of about 10. I’ve always just appreciated really good guitars. So obviously Johnny Marr is a hero of mine."

Very brief mention of The Smiths amongst others.
Regards,
FWD.
i used to give james buckley tips on playing call of duty when he used to play it on his youtube channel.good guy and very down to earth.
The smiths collection..... "Completed it!" 😆

Imagine being in your thirties when you finally come to the realization of the fraud that is Morrissey. 🤣🤣🤣

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom