NME: "Watch Blossoms and Rick Astley team up to cover The Smiths" (September 14, 2021)

As first spotted by @BookishBoy in the Strange... thread (who supplies the Twitter link), NME take up the footage:

BLOSSOMS_ASTLEY_NME_2000-1392x884.jpg

Watch Blossoms and Rick Astley team up to cover The Smiths

“Since it’s London, we thought why not do something special?,” said frontman Tom Ogden. “So we’re going to do some songs by one of our favourite bands with a friend of ours from the North West. Welcome our friend Rick Astley.

“Do you want to tell them what band it is, Richard?” asked Ogden, adding, “It’s The Smiths everybody,” before tearing into ‘Panic’ and ‘This Charming Man’.

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Nah, most younger fans are aware of what Morrissey has become, thats why they enjoy The Smiths music so much, as thats before he became a tit with his mouth.

Lol. ‘aware’ as in what they’ve been told to think.

Anyway, let Rick and company and the other tribute bands perform The Smiths as instrumentals only, and then let’s see how much people enjoy the ‘Smiths music so much’.

get a grip.

MORRISSEY

IS

THE SMITHS

:cool:

Anyway, let Rick and company and the other tribute bands perform The Smiths as instrumentals only, and then let’s see how much people enjoy it.

get a grip.

MORRISSEY

IS

THE SMITHS

Yep you're right the Vegas reviews are proof of that, outstanding reviews of his history making Vegas 5 night residency.

Last edited:

Anyway, let Rick and company and the other tribute bands perform The Smiths as instrumentals only, and then let’s see how much people enjoy the ‘Smiths music so much’.

get a grip.

MORRISSEY

IS

THE SMITHS

There's been an awful lot of positive press regarding these gigs, what do you think the reaction would have been if they had announced a couple of gigs where they were going to play a set of songs from Morrissey's solo career?

Yep you're right the Vegas reviews are proof of that, outstanding reviews of his history making Vegas 5 night residency.

Proof of what? I don’t understand your reply in relation to my post.

There's been an awful lot of positive press regarding these gigs,
Positive for who? In what way?
what do you think the reaction would have been if they had announced a couple of gigs where they were going to play a set of songs from Morrissey's solo career?

It would have shown that they have balls, and in turn would have gotten them more press, though it would have smeared their lovely careers in this day and age.

Jesus Christ, shut up.

Verso he has actually said that the reason that he stopped working with Joyce & Rourke was it was too painful to be reminded of the Smiths, he said he didn't listen to the Smiths because it reminded him of the past, his band have mentioned that he changed arrangements of Smiths' songs because they reminded him of the past & in Vegas when someone handed him Gladiolis he said it reminded him of a terrible time in his life.

Maybe you should get over whatever hang-up you have about him, rather than continually being nasty about reasonable points?

Verso he has actually said that the reason that he stopped working with Joyce & Rourke was it was too painful to be reminded of the Smiths, he said he didn't listen to the Smiths because it reminded him of the past, his band have mentioned that he changed arrangements of Smiths' songs because they reminded him of the past & in Vegas when someone handed him Gladiolis he said it reminded him of a terrible time in his life.

Maybe you should get over whatever hang-up you have about him, rather than continually being nasty about reasonable points?
Yes, it’s so painful for Morrissey to be reminded of The Smiths that for some reason he has to open every single night of his residency with one of their songs.

Yes, it’s so painful for Morrissey to be reminded of The Smiths that for some reason he has to open every single night of his residency with one of their songs.

Not entirely abandoning his early work doesn't mean he's going to sing them all, in the old way.

I don't know why you find that hard to grasp.

Not entirely abandoning his early work doesn't mean he's going to sing them all, in the old way.

I don't know why you find that hard to grasp.
I don’t know why you find it hard to grasp that you’re not Morrissey’s therapist and that your “understanding” of his rationale is based entirely on a bizarre delusion.

I don’t know why you find it hard to grasp that you’re not Morrissey’s therapist and that your “understanding” of his rationale is based entirely on a bizarre delusion.

I don't need to be his therapist. I can read & listen to what he actually says. And what is said about him. He has a public profile - it's out there. In print. On video.

I don't know what kind of weird place your head is in if you think it's a 'bizarre delusion'.

Verso's maniacal laughter is not helping his case tbh.
We’re at the most extraordinary point, formerly perceived as impossible, where it’s becoming fairly easy to imagine The Smiths reforming without Morrissey. It’s all a bit odd.

I’d like to think Morrissey doesn’t care about any of this. But I can’t be sure: Doppelgängers are the stuff of nightmares.

We’re at the most extraordinary point, formerly perceived as impossible, where it’s becoming fairly easy to imagine :crazy: The Smiths reforming without Morrissey. :crazy:It’s all a bit odd.

And Johnny? do you think he knows?

We’re at the most extraordinary point, formerly perceived as impossible, where it’s becoming fairly easy to imagine The Smiths reforming without Morrissey. It’s all a bit odd.

I’d like to think Morrissey doesn’t care about any of this. But I can’t be sure: Doppelgängers are the stuff of nightmares.

Yeah, it could easily happen. I'm sure some producer is thinking up an offer as we type.

I suspect it would be a nightmare - but, like you, I hope otherwise.

o_O

FFS
get this into your big troll heads. read:handpointdown:

MOZ=THE SMITHS......repeat...> MOZ=THE SMITHS:fist:

got it? good. now please fetch fredo and Comrade McMuffin so they
can help BGV with his episode:crazy:

:hammer:

He stopped working with Mike and Andy because of a certain little legal wrangle...

Yeah, it could easily happen. I'm sure some producer is thinking up an offer as we type.

I suspect it would be a nightmare - but, like you, I hope otherwise.

easily happen ? Lol.
Never mind trying to call it a reunion without Morrissey. Don’t think Marr is very fond of Joyce anymore.

easily happen ? Lol.
Never mind trying to call it a reunion without Morrissey. Don’t think Marr is very fond of Joyce anymore.

I was only going by Twitter - where some prats have decided they want Rick to record all of the Smiths songs so they can be pure in thought & deed.

Some god awful hack even claimed he knew Morrissey hated it.
How? Why? He didn't say.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom