Now Playing in Every Grocery Store in USA

21punksalute

I was in my local Food Lion the other night and thought I was hallucinating when I heard I'm Throwing my Arms Around Paris. Then a friend called me to tell me the exact same thing had just happened to her mom at a different market in Florida. Five minutes ago I read a post on Youtube pointing out that the song was playing in every supermarket in the US. Keep in mind it happened to me in sleepy North Carolina, not where you'd expect to hear it like hipster Gay-Town Los Angeles.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Re: Now Playing in Every Grocery Store in America...

I was at a restaurant on Sunday afternoon and heard Morrissey singing I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris and was totally shocked and pleasantly surprised. The waiter said it was an XM radio station.

I was at a restaurant on Sunday afternoon and heard Morrissey singing I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris and was totally shocked and pleasantly surprised. The waiter said it was an XM radio station.

The same has happened to me. It was quite nice.
:eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :cool:

I heard "Paris" about a month ago while passing a McDonald's in Busan, South Korea. It was playing in their outdoor deck. I had to stop as I nearly had a heart attack...

Twice I heard "Paris" in a Dollar store :o:D

I heard it about 2 months ago in a shoe store in Germany. I was so surprised, I needed to stay longer and in fact, I was forced to buy something... :D

Don't know what Food Lion is but I've heard Arms Around Paris at Best Buy and H&M in California.

Also, the "hipster gaytown" crack was a bit harsh no?

I work in a supermarket (in Scotland though) and was stacking shelves when I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris came on, that cheered me up! Wasn't exactly expecting it, its mostly dross 80's/90's tunes they play. I've heard it a few times since, also heard This Charming Man come on which was amazing though perhaps not as surprising.

I'm glad to hear its actually Morrissey's version and that he's the one singing it. I've got nothing against Michael McDonald (except I Keep Forgettin’ ) but it seems to me that no matter what a song sounds like originally, it ends up sounding like a Michael McDonald tune when its played in a shop.

I've heard it at Best Buy, too!

It makes me mad that it isn't played on the radio more frequently, it sounds so good when you're out and about.... It should receive more airplay *grump*

I'd also love to hear "Honey, You Know Where to Find Me" at the Grocery Store. Or anywhere.

When you say "every grocery store in USA"..doesn't it kind of depend on the radio stations that the store uses? I mean, wouldn't that mean that most every soft rock radio station in the US has a copy of "Paris" on regular spin? :blushing:

Can you tell that I'm jealous that I haven't heard it yet in my local grocery store? :o :D

"paris" seems to be very popular in stores... I and another person from the forums:me from germany she from the Uk heard paris at H+M (a clothing store..dont know if the chain exists in america)

I work in a supermarket (in Scotland though) and was stacking shelves when I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris came on, that cheered me up! Wasn't exactly expecting it, its mostly dross 80's/90's tunes they play. I've heard it a few times since, also heard This Charming Man come on which was amazing though perhaps not as surprising.

where do you work i havent heard miusic in a super market for years

hipster Gay-Town Los Angeles.

L.A. is not "GayTown" you must clearly be referring to West Hollywood, otherwise known as "BoyzTown". WeHo and "L.A." are worlds apart dear child.....

Shouldn't this be merged with my thread about Walgreens playing Ozzy and Rush? :thumb:

Don't know what Food Lion is but I've heard Arms Around Paris at Best Buy and H&M in California.

I've heard it at Best Buy, too!

shoot, and here was thinking I had an truly singular experience when I listened, & even at laughed a little, as I heard it play there recently :cool:
Also, the "hipster gaytown" crack was a bit harsh no?
also not true

L.A. is not "GayTown" you must clearly be referring to West Hollywood, otherwise known as "BoyzTown". WeHo and "L.A." are worlds apart dear child.....
while I agree is not "Gay Town" its because its more a "Fake Town" :straightface:
but WeHo is a part of "L.A.", one of those many parts "L.A." one that is symbolic of "Fake Town" in so many ways :rolleyes:
here are some:

Many people simply pretend (WeHo)it is not there, we "Socal" folk are true masters of "out of sight, out of mind". We know if you ignore something then it does not really exist. :crazy:

Others are simply in the closet about it and so they lie. Often quite successfully, unlike most people. As a matter of fact, being a liar is almost second nature to us "L.A." folk, so much so we can be unaware of it til detoxifying from "L.A.". :sick:

lastly is to make a spectacle of it, "BoyzTown" is like some movie about gayness rather than anything to do with reality.
I mean if someone is going to go to the trouble of coming out in L.A. then you can be sure that not only are they going to put on a show but that marketing has become involved, in some way, in order to make sure gayness not only informs but also entertains people as it is done the

L.A. Way of:

Always looking good while you make as much money as possible.
cool.gif

Back
Top Bottom