Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

Oh it's a bald reference. Boo hoo.

I'd rather be terminally bald than terminally retarded any day. Verso probably has a full head of hair but is terrified of women. Hence the unbridled online animosity. Gotta get it out somehow, I guess.
Terminally anything is pretty bad. Are you bald? How does Verso know?

Because the guy has posted so many preening selfies wearing his crime-against-humanity toupée that it's given me something of a trauma response.
Hmm! Haven’t seen those. Intrigued now, though, naturally.

Terminally anything is pretty bad. Are you bald? How does Verso know?
I think the terminal part is just hyperbole!

I post a lot of selfies.

The fact that I’ve been quickly moved to “off topic“ because the discussion was about Johnny Marr! !! ‘Morrissey solo’ is the sites name??, tells you all you need to know! I’ve hit a raw nerve!
Admin (FWD) hates MORRISSEY with all his heart and soul as does Skinny aka Brummie boy/ guests, although there was a time that wasn’t the case!!!, Similar to Mark Kermode/ Frankie Boyle. I’m thinking of starting a new Morrisssey website which doesn’t contain these ilk. I also buff crass related Sam Central site/ he’s related to MORRISSEY but an embarrassment. You can’t pick your family!!
MORRISSEY has seen this pathetic lot away in the past and will in the future but the very non’Morrissey solo ‘ has to die and die soon.
You are delusional but around here that doesn't really stand out. Please try to come up with more entertaining rants. Thanks

You are delusional but around here that doesn't really stand out. Please try to come up with more entertaining rants. Thanks
Yes.... quite a tedious rant..
And of course Mr T your quite right
A good rant has to have feeling and gusto, with a couple of offensive words thrown into the mix to add drama.
My favourite swear word is c***.
Upsets a few folk but always reliable and usually gets the job done .

Just watched the all singing and dancing Adele new song/video🤮

What a pile of 4king shite, and within two days it has 63 million views 🙈

It’s pretty much the same as the previous pile of manure....

In the video she’s sitting in her abandoned home heart broken ( yet again)
Twisting and twasting her arms about thinking it’s Shirley 4king Bassey.

The song it’s self will send sales of Wilkingson sword razor blades to an all time high.....

There is no doubt the lass can sing
But for god sakes it’s 4king bleak

And what pisses me off the most is the single and album will be in the charts for the next 27 years....

There is no accounting for taste...

And the twat will be headlining
Glastonbury next 4king summer..

Yes.... quite a tedious rant..
And of course Mr T your quite right
A good rant has to have feeling and gusto, with a couple of offensive words thrown into the mix to add drama.
My favourite swear word is c***.
Upsets a few folk but always reliable and usually gets the job done .
That's one that is really offensive in the US for some reason.
Sometimes when I've finished a rant I feel like maybe I should delete the 'f's" and the "c's" but if that was how it came out it's probably better to leave it.
The rant I commented on had some factual errors, like calling FWD the "administrator" and Brummie Boy has a good 25 - 30 IQ points over Uncleskinny and that's being kind. Brummie Boy could probably fake being Uncleskinny but the reverse is impossible. I just think if they're going to be silly they should have things on the order of Russell Brand's microwave machine or don't bother.

The new Adele is not on the level of stalker classic "Someone Like You," the greatest stalker song since "Every Breath You Take," but it is still a future classic. She's really in her own league. I don't know who her competition would be.

The new Adele is not on the level of stalker classic "Someone Like You," the greatest stalker song since "Every Breath You Take," but it is still a future classic. She's really in her own league. I don't know who her competition would be.

Let me help you out: Ariana Grande is better than Adele, not only that but she's the best female pop singer of her generation and one of the top five of the past 35 years alongside Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Beyonce, and I'm leaving the other position open. The fifth position could go to Celine Dion, Alexandra Burke, Amy Winehouse, Jennifer Hudson, it could even go to Adele, all I know is that Ariana is certified top five so there's Adele's competition since you were wondering. I'm mainly talking about vocal ability which is why Mariah Carey is on this list instead of Rihanna or Madonna who both have better songs than Mariah but neither one belongs on a top 5 vocalists list.

You could say Adele has more power in her voice, but Ariana's tone and vocal control put her above Adele for me. She has a mastery over her voice which a chaotic vocalist like Christina Aguilera wishes she could have had 20 years ago. Adele has better songwriting collaborators than Ariana and that's one area where Ariana is let down. And yet aside from 'Rolling in the Deep' I find Adele's songs mostly boring, like a solo female counterpart to Coldplay, and I'd rather listen to 'Positions', 'No Tears Left to Cry', or 'God Is a Woman', even if their arrangements and musicianship are inferior compared with Adele's most popular songs. For Ariana's legacy to be cemented her sound has to start to 'mature' soon, I think the best thing she could do is to take inspiration from what Billie Eilish is doing and start singing songs with jazzier arrangements.

Can Adele do Minnie Riperton style whistle notes, by the way? No? Well Ariana can! I rest my case! :hammer:

Comedy Central GIF by Lights Out with David Spade

That's one that is really offensive in the US for some reason.
Sometimes when I've finished a rant I feel like maybe I should delete the 'f's" and the "c's" but if that was how it came out it's probably better to leave it.
The rant I commented on had some factual errors, like calling FWD the "administrator" and Brummie Boy has a good 25 - 30 IQ points over Uncleskinny and that's being kind. Brummie Boy could probably fake being Uncleskinny but the reverse is impossible. I just think if they're going to be silly they should have things on the order of Russell Brand's microwave machine or don't bother.

As for BrummieBoy having a higher IQ than Uncleskinny:

First of all, three years ago you told me that you don't believe intelligence can truly be measured and IQ tests are a racist con, or something like that, so it's amazing that you've suddenly become an expert and can estimate different people's IQs to within five points. But leaving that to one side: for Uncleskinny to have an IQ around 30 points lower than BrummieBoy's that means BrummieBoy would have to be an almost Einstein level genius.

As a trained chemist and a Fifteen to One grand champion we already know Skinny's IQ is above average. I'm aware Fifteen to One doesn't mean anything to an American but having three seconds to answer challenging questions under studio lights while strategising to avoid getting knocked out by your 14 other opponents before the final round isn't something that someone of average intelligence can do. They can try, but they're not going to win or come close to winning.

The average IQ in the UK is 100 and I think we can reasonably state given what we know about him that Skinny's is above average which would put him somewhere in the 115-129 range. Let's go on the lower side though and say 120, which with the 25-30 point gap between them that you mentioned would have you placing BrummieBoy at 145-150; higher than many rocket scientists, brain surgeons, Nobel prize winners, literary figures, and billionaire businesspeople. So which is it: does the Fifteen to One grand champion with (presumably) a chemistry degree have an average IQ, or is BrummieBoy's IQ higher than 99.8% of the world's population? I can't decide, but you're the IQ expert as I've already noted! :thumb:

Last edited:
Ariana is better in a live acoustic setting than Adele, that's one extra point in Ariana's favour:

Ariana sings in her own accent: her speaking voice sounds the same as her singing voice. Adele's accent when she sings sounds nothing like when she speaks; it's not quite at Joss Stone "what the hell is that accent? You're from Kent." levels but it's not a million miles away from it either. You'd better believe that's yet another point in Ariana's favour!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom