OK Go cover "Interesting Drug" - lyric video with Trump clips; to perform on James Corden Jan. 18

Matt sends the OK Go press release excerpt:

LOS ANGELES, CA - January 18, 2017 - Just in time for the U.S. Presidential Inauguration, OK Go will perform Morrissey's politically charged "Interesting Drug" on The Late Late Show With James Corden tonight, January 18.

Lead singer Damian Kulash said of the song: "I was listening to Morrissey around the time of the conventions last year and when he belted 'There are some bad people on the rise' - that fabulous opening line of Interesting Drug - I felt like he'd written it about the very moment we were living through. Now, with this bewildering, surreal inauguration looming, it seems like a good time to share those poignant lines again." OK Go also released a video for their cover of the track today - watch it here.

UPDATE Jan. 20:

Performance on "The Late Late Show with James Corden" video link from Alex and Famous when dead.

Link from Rene:

Watch OK Go's Anti-Trump Morrissey Cover on 'Corden' - Rolling Stone

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet another hipster lame, twee Morrissey cover. They are flowing thick and fast these days aren't they?

"I felt like he'd written it about the very moment we were living through"
That's what great poets do.
This cover works well and the video is funny to. :tiphat:

OK... No !

kidding ;) not bad at all really. We can tap our toe as much as we want, but the horror remains.

Original is 'rise' isn't it? Just changed to 'right' for the writing in the video
Yep, for sure it was "on the rise", but then as today that bad people on the rise was on the right (wing)

Terrible cover. Where are these clowns from, Chicago? There are some bad people on Obama's side of town.
Obama is a train wreck. Clinton is a vile crook. Trump loves the middle class and the middle class loves him back. It's the weak liberals with the spine as fragile as a wet Kleenex who are making the most noise and who got greedy erections at the thought of "free college."
Buckle up Buckeroos!

Really like this band since I first saw them open for the vines and heard get over it in 2002. Define fly not a twee band though. Oh no is still there best album with a good idea at the time and a million ways. Nice to see them covering morrissey

I like the thinking behind covering this song. And Morrissey getting indirect exposure on mainstream TV is a good thing.

Not crazy about the sluggish tempo, but they can play all right and vocals are OK.

I find Corden insufferable but will check out the Youtube vid in a few hours.

I like the thinking behind covering this song. And Morrissey getting indirect exposure on mainstream TV is a good thing.

Not crazy about the sluggish tempo, but they can play all right and vocals are OK.

I find Corden insufferable but will check out the Youtube vid in a few hours.
I totally agree.

not a bad cover.no matter who gets elected half the population are going to despise them.theres no middle ground,families divided in one camp or the other.it really isn't healthy.

I like the cover. It's a great song, perfect for the ocassion. Things were not good before now for a lot of people, and this is a proof things always can get worst.
As Morrissey said, there wasn't a good alternative. I'm glad he was brave enough to say it before the election and repeat it now. He respects people because he doesn't sell shit as many pop stars did supporting Clinton. People knows he is a man with brains and heart always in the right side.

I like the cover. It's a great song, perfect for the ocassion. Things were not good before now for a lot of people, and this is a proof things always can get worst.
As Morrissey said, there wasn't a good alternative. I'm glad he was brave enough to say it before the election and repeat it now. He respects people because he doesn't sell shit as many pop stars did supporting Clinton. People knows he is a man with brains and heart always in the right side.

'Brains and his heart always in the right side"

Not sure his love of Farage backs that up. Or his mistaken belief that Andy Burnham had already been elected mayor of Manchester. His politics are at best reactionary and juvenile, at worst flirting with the right wing and xenophobic.

I'd look elsewhere for political guidance.

'Brains and his heart always in the right side"

Not sure his love of Farage backs that up. Or his mistaken belief that Andy Burnham had already been elected mayor of Manchester. His politics are at best reactionary and juvenile, at worst flirting with the right wing and xenophobic.

I'd look elsewhere for political guidance.

I don't need political guidance. I have brains and heart too.

I don't need political guidance. I have brains and heart too.

I've never seen anyone bang on so much about their alleged intelligence and heart. You seem to need convincing the most.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom