OK Go cover "Interesting Drug" - lyric video with Trump clips; to perform on James Corden Jan. 18

Matt sends the OK Go press release excerpt:

LOS ANGELES, CA - January 18, 2017 - Just in time for the U.S. Presidential Inauguration, OK Go will perform Morrissey's politically charged "Interesting Drug" on The Late Late Show With James Corden tonight, January 18.

Lead singer Damian Kulash said of the song: "I was listening to Morrissey around the time of the conventions last year and when he belted 'There are some bad people on the rise' - that fabulous opening line of Interesting Drug - I felt like he'd written it about the very moment we were living through. Now, with this bewildering, surreal inauguration looming, it seems like a good time to share those poignant lines again." OK Go also released a video for their cover of the track today - watch it here.

UPDATE Jan. 20:

Performance on "The Late Late Show with James Corden" video link from Alex and Famous when dead.

Link from Rene:

Watch OK Go's Anti-Trump Morrissey Cover on 'Corden' - Rolling Stone

Last edited by a moderator:
Really like this band since I first saw them open for the vines and heard get over it in 2002. Define fly not a twee band though. Oh no is still there best album with a good idea at the time and a million ways. Nice to see them covering morrissey

Oh no.

I'm sure it might make a TTY post, but the imagery of Trump over aspects of the song re: the YTS or Employment Training scheme of the 80's doesn't really work.
Regards,
FWD.

I wonder if someone could be called contradictory in context of their beliefs. I mean yes, a stranger can look from gathered (hopefully correct)information and make a speculation that a person is being contradictory, but I think what's more important is if that person feels that they are being contradictory and feels that that's a bad thing or is that person just very open to the more positive possibilities of both sides and not being limited by choosing one or the other, which seems less of a negative and more of a healthy stance to take, since everything is in a constant state of motion.

Good. Then you'll see the constant contradictions in Morrissey's political pronouncements. As you were

What's wrong with constant contradictions?
In which "holy book" it says you can't be inconsequential?
And as far as I am concerned that book can be burned.

He is not a politician and he can say whatever he wants.
Just like you, and me, and everybody else as long as you are not a politician ordering other people how to live and at the same time doing the opposite.
I live my life the way I want it and nobody, not even a non-politician, with no party-program, like Moz, is going to dictate me.

Terrible cover. Where are these clowns from, Chicago? There are some bad people on Obama's side of town.
Obama is a train wreck. Clinton is a vile crook. Trump loves the middle class and the middle class loves him back. It's the weak liberals with the spine as fragile as a wet Kleenex who are making the most noise and who got greedy erections at the thought of "free college."
Buckle up Buckeroos!
what the f*** are you talking about and what has chicago got to do with it? And why are you so against the idea of free college? Does an educated working class scare you? Putz.

Terrible cover. Where are these clowns from, Chicago? There are some bad people on Obama's side of town.
Obama is a train wreck. Clinton is a vile crook. Trump loves the middle class and the middle class loves him back. It's the weak liberals with the spine as fragile as a wet Kleenex who are making the most noise and who got greedy erections at the thought of "free college."
Buckle up Buckeroos!

Yes. You are correct. Anyone that think nes otherwise is a f***ing moron.

I have to say I love the cover! I was never a fan of this gimmick band but this has impressed me. Can I buy it on iTunes? They have reimagined the song is a very cool way. Forget the Trump stuff who cares.....

Here is the James Corden performance mentioned
(bit of a dirge):

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Fair play that's f***ing awful.

OK Go has been kind of a guilty pleasure of mine since I was little, so although they're generally absent from my mind (and Spotify playlists) I always root for them when I see them in the press. Seeing that they did a cover of a Morrissey song I was thrilled, but hearing it was so, so disappointing. As somebody who has stood at bus stops listening to Margaret on the Guillotine, day dreaming of performing it live myself, and replacing 'Margaret' with 'Donald' or 'Hillary' (this fantasy was pre-election mind you) I couldn't help but think to myself why the hell would they pick this song to rework? And why is it so lackluster at that?? Why is my childhood crashing down around me??? Mommy???? Daddy????? It's one of the saddest things to hold out hope for an artist who has hit a rough patch, even if that creative drought is only in your own mind, and their next release just further disappoints. I don't know. Maybe I'm just being a pompous ass. I am a member on Morrissey-Solo after all.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom