Old videos

Unlikely One

Carrying on with my clean up I am going to be moving out some old video tapes (ask your dad young ones) which back in the day, pre youtube and digital downloads were all we had. The cameras were massive so clandestine activity was a real art and hence we found ourselves hanging onto grainy footage of Moz filmed through half shut curtains or out of a flasher mac. Getting TV recordings and editing video tapes was an absolute artform and then you had to scour the small ads and send of a cheque to a PO Box in hope and clearly without guarantee. Eventually the tape arrived and you ran to the toploading video, prayed it did not eat your tape, sat back in front of your whopping 21" cathode ray tube with its 3 watt speaker, and after 20 mins sorting the tracking as the picture shot off the top of the screen and then disappeared under it, there he was in your living room....mental! I am sure we were all agreed technology would never surpass those dizzy heights!!!

Plenty of this footage is now on the net of course but out of interest perhaps to some Ive put up some pics of the video back covers showing the listings. Hopefully these are legible as I dont have a scanner. I could have done the fronts also but tbh they are not very remarkable and had far less effort than the cd bootleg artwork for example, but if anyone really wants to see I'll oblige. I have put most of this footage on dvd and if anyone really wanted a copy of anything on these they can pm me and see if we can arrange that. I have no interest in selling/profiting, its purely about sharing with those with a genunie interest. If there is anything on the lists that you might like to see posted up here again let me know. Hope these come thorugh ok and you can read the info. Cheers IMG_0181 (598x800).jpgIMG_0182 (598x800).jpgIMG_0183 (598x800).jpgIMG_0184 (598x800).jpgIMG_0185 (598x800).jpg

Okay only five pics allowed by post so I'll pop the others to a sendspace for those interested.

Cheers

Carrying on with my clean up I am going to be moving out some old video tapes (ask your dad young ones) which back in the day, pre youtube and digital downloads were all we had. The cameras were massive so clandestine activity was a real art and hence we found ourselves hanging onto grainy footage of Moz filmed through half shut curtains or out of a flasher mac. Getting TV recordings and editing video tapes was an absolute artform and then you had to scour the small ads and send of a cheque to a PO Box in hope and clearly without guarantee. Eventually the tape arrived and you ran to the toploading video, prayed it did not eat your tape, sat back in front of your whopping 21" cathode ray tube with its 3 watt speaker, and after 20 mins sorting the tracking as the picture shot off the top of the screen and then disappeared under it, there he was in your living room....mental! I am sure we were all agreed technology would never surpass those dizzy heights!!!

...Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive, But to be young was very heaven!...

Unless your tape got chewed :mad:

No chance of Wolverhampton 88 in your video collection by any chance? :D

Back
Top Bottom