Omega Auctions: Geoff Travis items now listed - many amazing rarities up for grabs

Well, the grapevine was right.
Omega have some wonderful stuff from the Travis archive. (search Geoff Travis, 60 items)

Here's some goodies (more posted in the Geoff Travis Rough Trade archive media album):

74015_8.jpg

THE SMITHS 1986 TOUR POSTER CELLULOID. An original celluloid used in the creation of the poster for The Smiths dates at Glasgow, Newcastle and Salford in July 1986. Measures 16 x 21.5". Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

74013_8.jpg

THE SMITHS BARCELONA POSTER. An original poster for The Smiths at Studio 54, Barcelona. Measures 16 x 24". NM condition. Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

74010_8.jpg

THE SMITHS HAND DRAWN WHAT DIFFERENCE POSTER. An original proof / mock up hand drawn poster design, likely created by the Rough Trade art dept to mock up the 'What Difference Does It Make' poster. Design is on the reverse of an original 'This Charming Man' poster (23 x 12") with a message in pen 'Return to Richard Boon' -the promotions manager at Rough Trade. Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

74017_8.jpg

THE SMITHS SHEILA TAKE A BOW PROOF ARTWORK. An original printed proof design, featuring a composite image / mock up of the 7" artwork for 'Sheila Take A Bow' - with four proposed colour schemes. Measures 25 x 15". VF / NM condition. Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

74021_8.jpg

THE SMITHS STRANGEWAYS HERE WE COME PROOF ARTWORK. Two printed pages, featuring blown up / enlarged proof designs for The Smiths - Strangeways Here We Come LP sleeve. Each page measures approx 20 x 30". Printed onto thin stock, likely created for annotations/feedback. Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

This (want!):
74032_8.jpg
74031_8.jpg
74034_8.jpg

THE SMITHS HATFUL OF HOLLOW SLEEVE DESIGN HAND DRAWN BY MORRISSEY. An incredible piece of Smiths memorabilia here. Two pages of paper, each bearing artwork by Morrissey for the sleeve designs for 'Hatful of Hollow'. Each page is approx 12 x 12". A sellotaped note to the reverse design is also by Morrissey. Provenance: from Geoff Travis' Rough Trade archive.

I could go on....
This is a collector's dream come true.
Proofs, (fully signed) autographs, shirts, oddities, posters of every kind (poster collectors have your wallets ready).
Simply incredible.
Please go check it out.
There are lots of music-related items currently on Omega - worth a search or two.

The above goodies appear to be accepting bids until June 30.

I don't think I can stress enough what an amazing opportunity this is - some brilliant, unique stuff on offer here.
Currently drooling,
FWD.

(Thank you @davidt for collating the media gallery).

Last edited by a moderator:
#Enabler

Wait for Jo to put her items on the auction block.

collectors be drooling.

:cool:

+28%?

Now, do í really need yet another Smiths printers proof, when í could bid on a pair of "Noel Gallagher owned" Farah slacks...? :unsure:

This is interesting. There is a Morrissey signed copy of The Queen Is Dead sleeve available.
This looks very similar to the one I have, down to the smudges and ink!

Yeah different. But they were probably both forged on the same day.

;)

? well I had considered this a forgery and it has sat in my record collection for fifteen years or more.

Maybe Geoff asked Morrissey to sign some to give away? Kept one for himself.

ALL ABOUT THE MONEY
Oh hold on it's not going to Moz. Retract that.

This is interesting. There is a Morrissey signed copy of The Queen Is Dead sleeve available.
This looks very similar to the one I have, down to the smudges and ink!

Yeah pretty standard and plenty of them done for promotion. Same with Bigmouth 12”s, signed along the bottom in a similar fashion, but in black ink.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom