One of my... curiosities

RAFFAELE

A warm greeting to all Members of this Forum.

March 20th saw the release of Morrissey's latest album "I Am Not A Dog On A Chain".
I have a curiosity about the marketing of the three Promos taken from this album.
We knows the Promos are distributed free,in order to promote a recording that is or soon will be commercially available.
And because are produced in smaller quantity than releases made available to the general public, they are considered valuable collectors' items.
From March 1st to today dozens of these promos have been sold (usually by the same seller), reviewing them as "Ultra rare"!
But I've never seen any new record work by Morrissey accompanied by such a "copious" availability of Promos!
And of course their purchase price is now falling significantly.
Is it convenient to wait for a further drop in their price to try to buy them?
What do you think? What is your opinion about this?

Thank you all.
RAZ

"EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE"

This seller sell fake promo cds.His username is luckylarryspromoshack .He sold many copies of these promos and now the price is at 30£.
He has some negative feedback about this,and some feedback is hidden as it has more than 12 months,but i saw his feed for 3 years and many neg is for fake cd promo.
So i only buy when price is less than 6 £.Mega rare is his arse.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
First of all, thank you for being the only one to answer me so far!

I did research on ebay regarding the marketing of the three Promo Cds.

The seller 'luckylarryspromoshack' has already sold 20 Promo Cds and 5 others are currently up for auction!
And his adverts describe the Promos as "Mega Rare" and "Genuine".

The seller 'promorecordsltd' has already sold 3 bundles that include the 3 "Very Rare" Promo Cds and 2 other bundles are currently up for auction!

The seller 'sportlist2017_3' has already sold 6 "Mega Rare" Promo Cds and 1 is currently up for auction!

Only 3 sellers sold a single copy for each Promo CD.

And are a French seller and a UK seller whose sleeve artwork and CD printing are unique and different from all other sellers!

And an Uk seller who sold the Promo CD of "BOBBY, DONT YOU THINK THEY KNOW?" that shows the question mark on the title printed on the sleeve.While the title printed on the same CD and the other 2 Promo appear to be the same as those which have so far been the most sold and which are still being sold currently!

This is why I have many doubts about the RARITY and above all about the AUTHENTICITY of these Promos!

And I wonder how these doubts didn't come to other collector members of this forum as well.

I thank again those who will to give their opinion.
Regards,
RAZ

The seller 'luckylarryspromoshack' has already sold 20 Promo Cds and 5 others are currently up for auction!

The seller 'promorecordsltd' has already sold 3 bundles that include the 3 "Very Rare" Promo Cds and 2 other bundles are currently up for auction!

The seller 'sportlist2017_3' has already sold 6 "Mega Rare" Promo Cds and 1 is currently up for auction!

And are a French seller and a UK seller whose sleeve artwork and CD printing are unique and different from all other sellers!

And an Uk seller who sold the Promo CD of "BOBBY, DONT YOU THINK THEY KNOW?" that shows the question mark on the title printed on the sleeve.While the title printed on the same CD and the other 2 Promo appear to be the same as those which have so far been the most sold and which are still being sold currently!

This is why I have many doubts about the RARITY and above all about the AUTHENTICITY of these Promos!

And I wonder how these doubts didn't come to other collector members of this forum as well.

Regards,
RAZ

Hi luckylarryspromoshack . Go luck selling your "Mega Rare" and "Genuine" bullshit. What a coincidence that you were able to obtain so many of them.

I noticed the French seller listed them as preorders, pre-ordering a promo !? That sets alarm bells ringing, anyway I got stung with some fake cdr promos on ebay ages ago (Around the YOR period I think, a seller was knocking dozens out of various bands). I got a refund but I haven't touched the cdr promo scene since unless it's dirt cheap or from a reputable source.

Regards,
RAZ

i haven't scrutinised the feedback profile but i'm not sure that larry's stock is fake, so i don't know where the previous comments were founded. what i wanted to ascertain, was whether the alternative bobby promo (question mark variant), is indeed an official promo, or a home-brewed boot, if anybody can shed light on this. thanks in anticipation!

Back
Top Bottom