Overpriced Items

Re: What the F**K!!

It seems to me that the complete handful of the promos for the box set - either US or UK - went straight to eBay without the detour to promote anything. The same seems to happen to the Viva Hate 2012 promos - currently two are available on Ebay alone.
I have not seen or heard of a Viva Hate 2012 promo until the day the record was released.

Has anyone else noticed that some of former rare records are massivly on sale within the last weeks, e.g. the 12" Mixes Aussie Smiths CD was on sale - for instant buy - twice within a week. The Note Wrong 7" and CD were also offered. It also seems to me that some fellow collectors do give up and sell entire collections. Does anyone second my view and made the same observations?

Yes you are right. The very first Viva Hate Promos have appeared just one or two days ahead of the official release date. Very true that some fellow collectors are selling some stuff and only keeping what is precious to them...I suppose the time we live in does play its role too.
Cheers Moz

i feel like most things morrissey/smiths related are typically overpriced and fans try to gouge other fans for all they can. unfortunate.

How about this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Morrissey-M...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I sent a message to the seller asking if they had the puzzle with it since only a copy with the puzzle qualifies as the number 3 rarity. I told the seller that without the puzzle, this regularly sells for $20 to $30. They said they didn't have the puzzle and it was just the CD. They said it's a free market (which is true) so they are selling for minimum bid of $299.99. Any that sold for less happened to sell for pennies on the dollar and he wasn't willing to sell it that cheap.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
How about this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Morrissey-M...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I sent a message to the seller asking if they had the puzzle with it since only a copy with the puzzle qualifies as the number 3 rarity. I told the seller that without the puzzle, this regularly sells for $20 to $30. They said they didn't have the puzzle and it was just the CD. They said it's a free market (which is true) so they are selling for minimum bid of $299.99. Any that sold for less happened to sell for pennies on the dollar and he wasn't willing to sell it that cheap.

This ones a case of a little knowledge, he's seen this at 3 rarity decided he owns a winner then run with it. Then he's been educated, doesn't like it and is just going to let it ride.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom