'Panic in the streets of Springfield' - upcoming Simpsons Episode (scheduled for April 18, 2021)

Well, this could be...interesting, scheduled to air in exactly a month's time.

Lisa becomes obsessed with this kind of famous, alternative Morrissey-type rockstar from the 1980s. It will be a musical episode.

Apparently the 'aging' main character is played by Benedict Cumberbatch.

Additional information posted by MrShoes:

The writer for the episode's music is none other than Flight of the Concords himself, Bret McKenzie, aka Rhymenoceros.

A quick search found some additional info from The Laughing Place article here:

Another upcoming episode guest stars Benedict Cumberbatch playing a parody of The Smiths’ lead vocalist Morrissey. Bret McKenzie (of Flight of the Conchords and The Muppets fame) wrote the music for this episode. [Yeardley] Smith says the songs are incredible and Lisa has a couple of great lyrics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this mean Cumberbatch is cancelled? Can't wait to see people on Twitter burning their Sherlock and Doctor Strange DVDs.

Lisa is a great character. Of course she loves the Mozzer.

Elvis Costello voiced his own character in 2003:

EC The Simpsons.jpg

This episode also featured Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Lenny Kravitz, Tom Petty and Brian Setzer, all doing their own voice.

Welcome to msolo

So, were you were a mover on the dance floor Caz Baz? It was primarily a Northern Soul club?
The Twisted wheel in Carlisle was mainly for Goths, misfits and Smiths, cure fans...
it was down stairs, upstairs was mainstream...
It had a certain charm about it ...
Yes I was a mover and a shaker
Still am😝
When I get past a certain amount of alcohol I’m on the dance floor and can’t be stopped.....
It’s like MC Hammer meets the hunchback of notradam ....
Not a good look as you could imagine....

The Twisted wheel in Carlisle was mainly for Goths, misfits and Smiths, cure fans...
it was down stairs, upstairs was mainstream...
It had a certain charm about it ...
Yes I was a mover and a shaker
Still am😝
When I get past a certain amount of alcohol I’m on the dance floor and can’t be stopped.....
It’s like MC Hammer meets the hunchback of notradam ....
Not a good look as you could imagine....
Ah. I see, there was a Twisted Wheel in Manchester in the 70s. I expect the Carlisle club was named in its memory.

Lisa is a great character. Of course she loves the Mozzer.

Elvis Costello voiced his own character in 2003:

View attachment 69843

This episode also featured Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Lenny Kravitz, Tom Petty and Brian Setzer, all doing their own voice.

This is one of the reasons The Simpsons started sucking, in my opinion - all the bloody guest stars. In the very early days, when Michael Jackson appeared, only to turn out to be a mentally ill bald white man, THAT was funny. But increasingly the guest stars just seemed to turn into a gimmick, like everyone vaguely famous celebrity had to turn up for a ratings boost.

I reckon shiver me blood timbers m8. I reckon you delusional jealous stalker sociopaths millions of miles away from Moz Angeles are manipulating something as American as the Simpsons to sound foreign like you, just like you try to do with a 61 year old dude from the San Fernando Valley that calls himself California Son, who just because he was kidnapped while on vacation with Chrissie Hynde in Brittin in 1978 and injected with midazolam and meth by Steve Street and forced to sing for a shitty Brittish band in the 80's for 2 1/2 years because they needed a good looking leading man. Do you people have anything you can call your own except for Def Lepard, Big Country, Bob Smith, Right Said Fred, red neck Brittish immigrants to Alabama, crystal meth, and kickball?

Cumberbatch is not only a bigger star in the general public's eyes but also a professional actor, so he's in many ways a much better choice than the man himself -- even if one doesn't take into account Morrissey's reputation for being erratic.
Plus, the man-child himself is a total fraud, who’s made a career out of cheap, self-deprecation - from an ivory tower. How can he be expected to voice himself, in an episode that exposes who he really is? That’s not his schtick.

A simple “thank-you” would be nice. This is about as close to relevant as Melvis will ever be again.

I don't like "The Simpsons" cartoon no more not after they cancelled the Michael Jackson episode. The Simpsons is part of modern "cancel culture" it's frightening. It has something called "predictive programming" in the cartoon but people say this is just a conspiracy theory.
Michael Jackson is a pedophile who had sex with young boys you compl

sounds like an interesting episode
I haven't watched the simpsons for about 20 years now but I will tune in for this one. Not even just because of the smiths/morrissey connection but moreso because brett mackenzie wrote (the songs anyway). flight of the conchords was brilliant and the songs he wrote for The Muppets were also.
Could be really cool

They still make them? What channel

This is one of the reasons The Simpsons started sucking, in my opinion - all the bloody guest stars. In the very early days, when Michael Jackson appeared, only to turn out to be a mentally ill bald white man, THAT was funny. But increasingly the guest stars just seemed to turn into a gimmick, like everyone vaguely famous celebrity had to turn up for a ratings boost.
Great post! Michael Jackson did so much for "The Simpsons" cartoon yet they totally let him down in the end. 🙁

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom