Paul Newman Dies At 83

iamkali62

:( I just found out that Paul Newman died. :(

The last film i saw him in was the Road to Perdition which i really liked.

Other stuff i like is The Drowning Pool (1975) as Lew Harper, Harper (1966) as Lew Harper. Somebody Up There Likes Me (1956) .... Rocky. Cool Hand Luke (1967). The Hudsucker Proxy (1994) .... Sidney J. Mussburger, The Towering Inferno (1974) .... Doug Roberts, The Sting (1973) .... Henry Gondorff

Obviously who hasn't seen Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969) .... Butch Cassidy.

sad as it is, his passing. What a great career and host of amazing movies which he starred in.

Paul_Newman.jpg

Other stuff i like is The Drowning Pool (1975) as Lew Harper, Harper (1966) as Lew Harper. Somebody Up There Likes Me (1956) .... Rocky. Cool Hand Luke (1967). The Hudsucker Proxy (1994) .... Sidney J. Mussburger, The Towering Inferno (1974) .... Doug Roberts, The Sting (1973) .... Henry Gondorff

Obviously who hasn't seen Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969) .... Butch Cassidy.

sad as it is, his passing. What a great career and host of amazing movies which he starred in.

Paul_Newman.jpg

He was so talented, and HOT and he had such dignity and integrity. Big hero of mine.

newmans.jpg

Paul_Newman.jpg
Oh yeah, he was in the Towering Inferno! I will always remember the scene in Cool Hand Luke where he stuffs those eggs in his mouth. And The Sting! Redford and Newman, all the way. They just don't make movies like that anymore. :(

move to Book of Condolence thread?

Cornelius, thank you! I always liked his Sockarooni spaghetti sauce... Yep,

The Hustler was a great film. Joanne Woodward is still alive, isn't she? He

loved her with a passion.

Yes, Joanne Woodward is still alive. They married in 1958.

"Films with Paul Newman

She appeared with her late husband, Paul Newman, in ten featured films:

* The Long, Hot Summer (1958)
* Rally 'Round the Flag, Boys! (1958)
* From the Terrace (1960)
* Paris Blues (1961)
* A New Kind of Love (1963)
* Winning (1969)
* WUSA (1970)
* The Drowning Pool (1975)
* Harry & Son (1984) - (directed by Newman)
* Mr. and Mrs. Bridge (1990)"

:o
Yes, Joanne Woodward is still alive. They married in 1958.

"Films with Paul Newman

She appeared with her late husband, Paul Newman, in ten featured films:

* The Long, Hot Summer (1958)
* Rally 'Round the Flag, Boys! (1958)
* From the Terrace (1960)
* Paris Blues (1961)
* A New Kind of Love (1963)
* Winning (1969)
* WUSA (1970)
* The Drowning Pool (1975)
* Harry & Son (1984) - (directed by Newman)
* Mr. and Mrs. Bridge (1990)"
:o The only one I have seen of those is The Long, Hot Summer. He had class and he was supposed to be very approachable. No attitude.

The pineapple mango salsa is the best.

one of my favorite movies,in my top 10.

the hudsucker proxy

[youtube]P9ARbKvUyUM&feature=related[/youtube]

R.I.P. Paul Newman :tears:

He was so talented, and HOT and he had such dignity and integrity.

Of course! He grew up in Shaker Heights, Ohio, just like me. :)

I ran into him at a restaurant in Shaker once and all the nice things people have always said about him appeared to be true.

Homeboy did good!

And you noticed Paul Newman never was in the tabloids or any of that typical Hollywood shit. The great ones don't need it.

Last edited:
Yep, he made spaghetti sauce, salad dressing and I think popcorn.

I'm having some spiked Newman's Own lemonade in his honor. And will be popping some of his popcorn before watching a movie or two of his.

Many of the Newman's Own products are good. However, the pasta sauce doesn't quite meet my standards. I usually only buy jarred sauces that are made with San Marzano tomatoes.

I was in the supermarket, listening to the ipod and this came on. Time Operator by Scott Walker, it has these lyrics:

"The man come to shut off my water
The man come to shut down my water
The man come to shut down my lights yesterday
I'm not one to moan
I made the bill for the telephone
Now I wouldn't care if you're ugly
'Cos here with the lights out I couldn't see
Just picture Paul Newman
He looks a lot like me".

Back
Top Bottom