Percussion Discussion: Chad Smith says "just finished a Morrissey album" - Iggy Pop guests on it (February 20, 2021)

Screenshot_20210416-192611~2.png

That came from left field.
Chad states that Iggy Pop features on the Morrissey album also.
Playing the above video should go to the right point.

"The controversial Morrissey..." :)

It would have gone in the 'Strange...' thread, but if it is the first mention of any new material - it should be separate.

Marked as rumour until more details become available.

Regards,
FWD.

Anyone know if Morrissey's ever recorded an album before without a record deal? I'm not aware that he has but might be wrong. Normally, a singer/group would record a couple of demos, offer them up to record companies and, if met with approval, be offered a deal which would fund the proper recording of an album to cover studio time, producer's fee etc.
The fact that a relatively big-name producer seems to have already been involved suggests that he might already have a record deal?

Last edited:
Anyone know if Morrissey's ever recorded an album before without a record deal? I'm not aware that he has but might be wrong. Normally, a singer/group would record a couple of demos, offer them up to record companies and, if met with approval, be offered a deal which would fund the proper recording of an album to cover studio time, producer's fee etc.
The fact that a relatively big-name producer seems to have already been involved suggests that he might already have a record deal?
If I'm not mistaken, Maladjusted was recorded first before a one-off deal with Island and Mercury was reached.

I reckon yeah dude, right. California Son Junior is living at the Beach Mouth Airbnb fake flower house. It is serving it's purpose well to throw you wackos off. I reckon California Son lives in the cottage house in the back too. I reckon I know this for sure because there is a basketball court in the backyard and you know "he doesn't live in LA anymore". Spot on chap chipper curry. JUST STAY WHERE YOU ARE. DO NOT COME TO LA. There is no need for you to sell everything you own and make your way to Moz Angeles and sleep in the trashcans at the bottom of the driveway in Malibu, camp out in front of Sunset Sound or the Sunset Marquis and scare all of us innnn n nn nnnn nnnn nnn it.

View attachment 71107View attachment 71106
Love this picture of Hyde park in London... Where Bisketball was invented .... then given to drug shooting anti abortionists as a thank you for pulling your weight in War 2
As yous done nixy noodles in War 1

Love this picture of Hyde park in London... Where Bisketball was invented .... then given to drug shooting anti abortionists as a thank you for pulling your weight in War 2
As yous done nixy noodles in War 1
Bisketball? Is that where you slam dunk a digestive into your mug of tea?

He needs to be doing a full UK tour,
In smaller venues instead of 3-4 large arena gigs then 4king off back to shitty shoot em if they are Black or young land...
This constantly touring America land has ruined his career in Uk..

He needs to (himself) raise his profile dramatically in the UK
And charm the chinos off every 4ker..
I agree 100%, however I am unsure if Moz's ego will permit it. He's all about being adored, and projecting an image of how much more successful he is without The Smiths. I'm not sure his pride could take going from playing huge arenas to sweating his way through a run of smaller UK club dates, though it would be highly beneficial to his grass-roots fans.

I thought the same regarding IANADOAC, turned out quite the opposite.
But a lot has happened since then.
Yes, a lot of dramatic things have happened since the release of IANADOAC, and that should have provided Morrissey with both causes and time for reflective. A more reflective Morrissey should be a blessing imo.

In addition, I believe he’d dedicate this album to his late mothe, and I can only imagine him remembering her with fondnes.

I share some of your reservations about the chosen producer and his expectation regarding commercial appeal.

Stop obsessing over uncle skinny. f*** him.
I never said that Moz had said that he has been in a dark place these past few years. I said that that was my theory, based on what he has projected in lyrics, statements and interviews. This shouldn’t be hard to understand nor is it implausible.
🧐

salsa that clarifies everything.o_O
you never said it , its just your theory:(
so when you were speaking your theory you
werent really saying ito_O
FC basic logic 101🤥

In a short time Moz will say something, I know, I like him to be quiet, but I need to see him and listen to him, Moz knows I love him well, something will publish I'm sure he doesn't leave me he's the best singer in the world,.you'll see he'll listen to me and something will say, My Mozzys will soon say something;);)❤️❤️❤️

speaking of record labels,did anyone see the paloma faith docu on bbc4,one of the most eye opening things iv seen on the music industry,paloma faith has had 3 double platinum albums then did a political record which only went single platinum and she said she might struggle to get a deal when her contracts up,showed how an artist could be at deaths door and a tour manager will do anything to get you on stage,showed the president of rca records,looked as if he was just out of nappies,showed how they work out a tour budget,paloma took a nanny on tour and tried to claim the wages from the tour budget,big no no.fascinating and worth watching and i couldnt even tell you one of her songs.
I watched that ... she is a commodity to them and they barely hid that . No regard for how she was feeling about not having her baby with her , or how tired she was etc . The industry is just mercenary and when she has served her purpose they will ditch and move on. I quite like PF in a pop sense , she is reasonably quirky and quite funny .
But yes ... it was unashamedly brutal

I watched that ... she is a commodity to them and they barely hid that . No regard for how she was feeling about not having her baby with her , or how tired she was etc . The industry is just mercenary and when she has served her purpose they will ditch and move on. I quite like PF in a pop sense , she is reasonably quirky and quite funny .
But yes ... it was unashamedly brutal
totally right northern,when you have a really bad cold and are knackered you just want to stay in bed all day but they had absolutely no consideration for her health and it was all about getting her on that stage,she is quite down to earth and funny,pity the music industry isnt these days.

Moz and the band probably have a lot of songs now...there were zero IANADOAC b-sides when normally we heae of 16-20 tracks being precorded add in kockdown and it males sense there is enoigh for an album

He’s also been writing and recording a lot faster than he used to. The time between world peace and the announcement of lihs seems like the blink of an eye.

lots of bands shop there album. It a bad way to go as the label knows exactly what they’re getting and you can control studio costs much easier without the labels interference which probably doesn’t matter as much in the morrissey world but effects other acts

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom