Personally...To Soy or not to Soy? that is the question.

lainey

I'm unsure which Diary Free milk is the most healthy.
Soya, Almond, Rice or Oak? I'm afraid I've always relied on Soya.
also which one tastes the nicest.

Personally!

The title of this thread has been changed!
It was called 'Personally.....to soy or not to soy? that is the question.
Why, change it?

Re: Personally!

I'm not sure which variety is the healthiest, but I prefer the taste of rice milk in my cup of tea compared to soya.

I prefer almond milk for cereals and the like and hemp milk for cooking.

Last edited:

I like almond milk but I haven't tried hemp milk. I can't get an almond milk latte though for some reason and soy makes nasty foam. Maybe some of the better places are post-soy now. My friend told me about hemp milk but I've never seen it.

I'm unsure which Diary Free milk is the most healthy.
Soya, Almond, Rice or Oak? I'm afraid I've always relied on Soya.
also which one tastes the nicest.

Never tried Almond or Oak, where do you get those from?

Rice milk is too runny so I would have to go with good old soya milk.

Morrissons sell Oats, Rice and Soya.
Oats is really nice, creamy and not sweet like soya is.
Rice is high in carbohydrates. I've never seen Hemp Milk, I think this would be ideal as it'll be high in protein. I'll give Almond a try too.
*Thank You, Uncle Skinny for restoring the title*

I use Alpro soy milk, the light form. I find that the full version makes coffee look like vomit when added, whereas the light version doesn't.

Cow's milk. I highly recommend it.
Just make sure it is definitely a cow you are milking and not a bull. The taste isn't quite the same.

Cow's milk. I highly recommend it.
Just make sure it is definitely a cow you are milking and not a bull. The taste isn't quite the same.

Milk, what more could a body ask for:sick::barf: Think of the pain:tears:

Plain old fashioned Alpro Soya Light does it for me FA65967C-190E-4995-B524-CD7CECD19A26_Spec2_v1_m56577569833896605.jpg but i don't use milk very often.

ooh, it's good for making Mac&cheese:
1/2 litre soya milk, pack of firm tofu (pre fried stuff is best), 1 sachet of yeast, large dash soya sauce, large dash mustard, large dash olive oil, fried onion bits, paprika... all blended and poured over cooked macaroni. Shoved in oven for 25 mins on a high heat. Yum :D:yum:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Dave, almond milk is good when foamed in a latte, but you'd probably have to get yourself a cheapy little Mr Coffee expresso machine and do it at home (they're about $29 at Target, but they go as low as $19.99). There's little to no weird taste. It also seems to have a longer shelf life than soy milk.

Milk, what more could a body ask for:sick::barf: Think of the pain:tears:

Plain old fashioned Alpro Soya Light does it for me View attachment 11769 but i don't use milk very often.

ooh, it's good for making Mac&cheese:
1/2 litre soya milk, pack of firm tofu (pre fried stuff is best), 1 sachet of yeast, large dash soya sauce, large dash mustard, large dash olive oil, fried onion bits, paprika... all blended and poured over cooked macaroni. Shoved in oven for 25 mins on a high heat. Yum :D:yum:

What the f*** was that?! I nearly puked! THE HORROR!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom