Perth (15th June)

Not seen a thread for this concert - strange, considering it's the first gig of the tour.
Anyone else on here going?

yes i am (if nothing unexpected might get in my way)but im arriving pretty late..prob around 7-8pm
im pretty surprised myself so view seem to go?it seold out after all. and ive never seen him on a first night of a tour..with the tension what songs he will play ,what backdrop it will be (well if we guess maybe that still from that italian film where claudia cardenale starred in and which was talked about on here recently?)
when you are starting queuing?
is there any after show pub meet up?
any nice pubs near the venue?

Last edited:
yes i am (if nothing unexpected might get in my way)but im arriving pretty late..prob around 7-8pm
im pretty surprised myself so view seem to go?it seold out after all. and ive never seen him on a first night of a tour..with the tension what songs he will play ,what backdrop it will be (well if we guess maybe that still from that italian film where claudia cardenale starred in and which was talked about on here recently?)
when you are starting queuing?
is there any after show pub meet up?
any nice pubs near the venue?

I don't know Perth at all I'm afraid. I'm sure there'll be a pub nearby.

I'm going, but I don't know much about the city nor the venue, I'm afraid. I've come to understand that the venue is general admission, even though my ticket does have a seat/row assignment?
Arriving earlier the day of the show, not really planning to queue up, but maybe…
Very excited to see the first show of the tour! I'm always too much of a whore not to look at the setlists posted after each show, so it will be a nice change of pace to see a show where I actually have no idea what will be played.

Last edited:
Perth on a Wed night. No thanks. Dull wee town during the week. Even the local football team are a borefest.

Dunoon will be good hopefully. I heard Dunnon is the place to be on a Sat night. :)

I'll be hanging about after the gig, need to wait until midnight to get a bus connection back home for work the next morning! So if anyone fancies a drink or two afterwards just post on here.

well def .but must check when the last bus goes to my B+Bbut in general def.
. prob busses arent running too late weekdays.
and yes unfortunately i was lurking at the setlist too always (just too curious) and am glad to witness the first night which is a first.

i wonder, does the band neeed a few nights before they are fully in? a lot of bands arent on point the first night.. i doubt morrissey needs a few nights adjusting to play live, i would think he is on point from th first night on..

hah there is a strangeways cafe..wonder if there was a influence of a certain smithsrecord?

Strangeways Cafe
George Street,
but prob closed at the time concert is finished
a few of the pubs
http://wikitravel.org/en/Perth_(Scotland)
i found a pub which is very near mill streetwhere the concert hall is located
Thistle Tavern
High St, Perth PH1 5PB
01738 621776
maybe meet there outside after the gig?
my clothes wont be fancy enough for some nightclub/bar;)
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=pub...6.396929,-3.432385&spn=0.001318,0.003449&z=18

well def .but must check when the last bus goes to my B+Bbut in general def.
. prob busses arent running too late weekdays.
and yes unfortunately i was lurking at the setlist too always (just too curious) and am glad to witness the first night which is a first.

i wonder, does the band neeed a few nights before they are fully in? a lot of bands arent on point the first night.. i doubt morrissey needs a few nights adjusting to play live, i would think he is on point from th first night on..

hah there is a strangeways cafe..wonder if there was a influence of a certain smithsrecord?

Strangeways Cafe
George Street,
but prob closed at the time concert is finished
a few of the pubs
http://wikitravel.org/en/Perth_(Scotland)
i found a pub which is very near mill streetwhere the concert hall is located
Thistle Tavern
High St, Perth PH1 5PB
01738 621776
maybe meet there outside after the gig?
my clothes wont be fancy enough for some nightclub/bar;)
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=pub...6.396929,-3.432385&spn=0.001318,0.003449&z=18

I doubt there will be any clubs open in Perth on a Wednesday night!
I'm arriving about 6 o'clock, so might have a quick scan around the area of the venue for a suitable after-gig pub to lurk in.
Some Town Centre Bars Are Better Than Others.

Hello. Is anyone driving back from Perth to Glasgow with space for two strangers? I've been really badly organized and just assumed they'd be trains running later then half ten. I know a few people on the strangeways bus, but again I left it too late and all the spaces have gone. If anyone is driving back to Glasgow and has space for me and my girlfriend I would be very very much appreciated. The only other option I have to miss the last couple of songs and get the train back which doesn't fill me with much cheer.

Thanks,

Hello. Is anyone driving back from Perth to Glasgow with space for two strangers? I've been really badly organized and just assumed they'd be trains running later then half ten. I know a few people on the strangeways bus, but again I left it too late and all the spaces have gone. If anyone is driving back to Glasgow and has space for me and my girlfriend I would be very very much appreciated. The only other option I have to miss the last couple of songs and get the train back which doesn't fill me with much cheer.

Thanks,

If you leave the second he leaves the stage and run, you might be able to make it back to Glasgow via Edinburgh.

No-one seems to be going just now but we'll be in high demand on Wednesday night about the setlist etc.

If you leave the second he leaves the stage and run, you might be able to make it back to Glasgow via Edinburgh.

No-one seems to be going just now but we'll be in high demand on Wednesday night about the setlist etc.

I've booked a B&B but would rather get home due to personal reasons. There isn't a late train to Glasgow cos it's mid-week. I would be very grateful if someone (anyone) could get me back from Perth to Glasgow.

I've booked a B&B but would rather get home due to personal reasons. There isn't a late train to Glasgow cos it's mid-week. I would be very grateful if someone (anyone) could get me back from Perth to Glasgow.

Here's the venue, founded on the ruins of a medieval castle -
1217_1_100020buro20perth20concert20hall201.jpg

Nearly time to rock Horse Cross! The gatherings begin!

Here's the venue, founded on the ruins of a medieval castle -
1217_1_100020buro20perth20concert20hall201.jpg

Nearly time to rock Horse Cross! The gatherings begin!

the ladyboys of bangkok

Fur Coats and French Knickers Tour!!
Dates Time Price

7 Sept. 11 7:30 p.m. £18.00 - £23.00

After its fantastic success in 2010 this Party Night returns in 2011 in a glamorous and exciting new production with over 400 new costumes.

Combining the heady spice of Bangkok's exotic nightlife with the glamorous showgirl appeal of Las Vegas, this spectacular and flamboyant show is performed by 16 of the world's most beautiful showgirls - every single one of them a Thai male!

Seen by over 1 million people, The Ladyboys Of Bangkok are here to entertain you!

Suitable for 16+

www.ladyboysofbangkok.co.uk

£23, £20.50, £18; no concessions
(includes booking fee)
Buy tickets

Hi folks i have 1 seated ticket for sale for perth, its £25 see the market place section for more details, i hope this gig rocks, it should morrissey was amazing when i seen him in 2009 at the barras.

hi guys,new to forum. I have a standing ticket for tomorrow night,wishing to swap for a decent seating ticket.had a wee op a few weeks ago so unable to stand for 2 hours.thanks in advance.

Just in case anyone is looking for pub recommendations prior to tomorrow's Perth concert...

There is a lane, The Skinnergate, just across from the Concert Hall (between a restaurant and a furniture shop, the names of both elude me at present) which leads to a pub called The Old Ship Inn. I think it could be billed as "Perth's Oldest Pub" or something like that but may be wrong. It's kind of small though and may be a bit too, erm, rustic for some. Well located though.

Also, if you go up Mill Street towards the city centre there's a pub named Christie's. Just a few minutes from the venue. I'd recommend it. A proper "pubby pub" if you know what I mean, and last time I checked it had a decent Moz/Smiths selection on the jukebox.

Hope that helps anyone interested. I plan on queuing from the afternoon onwards so if anyone needs directions I'll be happy to oblige. I'll be the one in the Morrissey T-Shirt.

Cheers D. D. Unfortunately the train gets into Edinburgh about five minutes too late for the Glasgow connection, but many thanks anyway. I've just booked a B&B instead, I don't have the money and I'll be late for work, but, it's Morrissey.

Back
Top Bottom