Pete Paphides tweets that he turned down interviewing Morrissey this year

Pete Paphides has just revealed (via twitter) that he turned down a Moz interview this year...

@petepaphides
May 3

I was offered a Morrissey i/view this yr. Glad I said no. It doesn't occur to him that most of us are as reluctant to meet him as he is us.

I'm sure everyone is as gutted as I am? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
eh? who? am i missing someone really important? is it worth a Google?

For those who don't know, he is the head music writer for The Times. To his defence he did also tweet his appreciation of Morrisseys quick wit to retort that O'Leary had a face asking to be lied at. Paphides tweets fairly regularly, but his wife (Caitlin Moran) appears to have a twitter addiction, so he gets retweeted a lot.

who is Pete Paphides ???'' for the rest of the world

Pete Paphides is married to Caitlin Moran - the world's current greatest person. Regards Morrissey, I met Caitlin Moran once and we started talking about him. She told me some horrible anti-semetic Moz story and so if Paphides knows about all that goings-on then it's no wonder he isn't too keen to do an interview. (The story related to suddenly demanding to be paid in cash before a show and, when this couldn't be arranged, spouting off about the Jewish promoters). Anyway, we'll never know if that's true or not, but Morrissey probably isn't hugely well thought of in the Paphides/Moran household. Stan.

Re: Article: Pete Paphides tweets that he turned down interviewing Morrissey this yea

Pete Paphides is married to Caitlin Moran - the world's current greatest person. Regards Morrissey, I met Caitlin Moran once and we started talking about him. She told me some horrible anti-semetic Moz story and so if Paphides knows about all that goings-on then it's no wonder he isn't too keen to do an interview. (The story related to suddenly demanding to be paid in cash before a show and, when this couldn't be arranged, spouting off about the Jewish promoters). Anyway, we'll never know if that's true or not, but Morrissey probably isn't hugely well thought of in the Paphides/Moran household. Stan.
Stop trolling moron.

Re: Article: Pete Paphides tweets that he turned down interviewing Morrissey this yea

I look forward to Morrissey interviews, regardless of who the interviewer is. I've never heard of Pete Paphides, so I don't care about his comings and goings. Thanks for the picture, though. Just an observation: With some eyeliner and lipstick, he could look like Robert Smith.

pete... u a**hole, go back to your cave, no want needs u or want u anyway!:crazy:

why are you getting so angry about it, don't expect everyone on the planet to want to interview him, you not the worlds biggest fan of everyone.

What a f***ing douche. I bet he only turned him down so he could brag about it. Asshole. :censored:

its ok turning down an interview with morrissey but he is wearing it like a badge of honour.there must be a few good anagrams of that name.answers on a postcard please to the usual address.

Well you leanr something new everyday, I quite like Caitlin Moran.

However it seems being a music journalist is a bit like being a copper. You're not greatly admired by anyone else in society and you stick with your own kind...

As fort he anti-semitic story Morrissey does have some alleged history for stereotyping Jewish folk and rumour was amongst various road crews he was a bit skint a while back. I don't know how true the latter rumour is but it was quite common gossip.

Maybe he heard the O' Leary interview, and didn't like his attitude that was what brought that comment on,
like the interview he says he doesn't like seeing/meeting people including interviewers.
even though Morrissey has always said that.

As a Jewish fan, it's really depressing to read about that anti-semitic story as Caitlin Moran seems a reliable source person and as been said Paphides defended him in the past during the racist accusations. I've heard stories before(like the Spencer Cobrin anti-semitic insult thrown by Morrissey)...and it just more adds up to the big picture. I would really love to believe that Morrissey is above that and not racist in anyway or form...but it's hard to... :-(

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom