Peter Katsis replies to Joshua Surtees' article with a job offer - Morrissey Official FB

138D9524-2FD1-4104-BEEA-D765E9BCDF91.jpeg
"THE GUARDIAN - THE VENDETTA, ETC….

A well written piece by Joshua Surtees in The Guardian for a change today.

Unlike the bullshit consistently put out there by hacks the likes of Tim Jonze, using his buddy Billy Braggart, etc.

Joshua's piece was heartfelt and articulate.

His talents would actually better serve the world by using it for a more important goal than critique of a music artist.

We could really use writing of this caliber over here in the States writing against Trump, etc.

However, there is only one little problem with Joshua’s story……

MORRISSEY IS NOT A RACIST!

You can say what you like about his provocative views.

But I’ve been with him as manager for over two years now.

When you travel together around the world, meeting all kinds of people, something like that would not go unnoticed.

So….

Who’s right? Who is wrong?

Why don’t we find out together!!!

Joshua Surtees - If you read this…...I’m offering you a job!

We invite you to come out for the first week of our U.S. Tour in September.

All expenses paid.

Cover the tour for us, and come see for yourself.

Since M was such an important influence in your early life it should be worthwhile.

One thing…….you’d have to find a better paper than The Guardian to sell it to.

Since they have the absolute lowest circulation of all the major dailies in the UK.

And since the paper and their music editor have now become so well known for their personal vendettas against artists, etc.

What do you say? - PK"

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm someone who spends an inordinate amount of time with writers of a VERY high "caliber" and I'm certain young Joshua is not up to the task of writing a 10,000 word cover story on what it's gonna take to defeat the rising tide of global authoritarianism. Generally speaking, it is ill advised to offer monetary compensation or employment without doing a thorough vetting of the persons background. But what the eff would I know. I'm just passing through, on my way to somewhere with...air conditioning.

However, there is only one little problem with Joshua's story... the superfluous comma in 'WRITER'S"

little bit jealous. :sick: I wish Id fallen out of love with my idol and then publically betrayed him (for money), maybe then Id get a golden opportunity like this :squiffy:

Not sure why Mozza's manager thinks it's a good idea to invite someone like this journo who has explicitly said he doesn't like Mozza and that he's racist. Am I missing the point???

His offer to Joshua Surtees is pretty awesome. However, I can't see him accepting. Not after he shilled himself for The Guardian.

I've gone off morrissey too. can i have a job taking pictures of morrissey for you on tour and not on tour Mr pk.

So Morrissey likes For Britain but hates Donald Trump?

Even though Anne-Marie Waters and For Britain are HUGE Donald Trump fans?

Even though Donald Trump's campaign platform was not all that substantially different from For Britain's?

Sheeeeeeeeeiiiiiit. Gentile, please. I'm a better writer than Joshua f***ing Surtees AND I'm a Moz loyalist. Why don't they get me to follow him around on tour? I'd make Morrissey look like a pimp. Instead they wanna reward so black guy for talking shit on him. Total cuckery.

Do they think they can bribe this Joshua guy into being a traitor to his people and a traitor to his cause? Because that is what would people would call him if he actually took up Moz' offer, followed him on tour, and then wrote nice things about Morrissey. Other blacks would call him an Uncle Tom and other liberals would call him a traitor and assume he was paid to say nice things about Moz.

Best case scenario: he writes a puff piece which causes zero people to change their minds. Worst case scenario: he ambushes Morrissey and writes another, even more damaging piece about Morrissey.

Last edited:
"We invite you to come out for the first week of our U.S.

One thing…….you’d have to find a better paper than The Guardian to sell it to."

The second condition will probably be that he will have to stand on the stage at every gig wearing a"f*** THE GUARDIAN" T shirt, pretending to wipe his arse with a copy of the paper.

Basically, this guy is trying to win back liberal fans who have abandoned Moz and is willing to alienate the conservative fans who remained loyal to Moz in order to do it.

Who exactly is the demographic they are going for? People who are OK with For Britain but consider Trump over-the-line? People who are a little nationalistic but not TOO nationalistic? Who exactly are these people? Do they even exist? When people break with liberalism, sky's the limit.

If anything, he should be trying to attract more right-wing fans who will buy his albums just to "own the libs".

Not sure why Mozza's manager thinks it's a good idea to invite someone like this journo who has explicitly said he doesn't like Mozza and that he's racist. Am I missing the point???
I think the tongue is firmly planted in the cheek. No one from the gwardian would ever accept this offer as it would instantly be seen as falling on their sword.

Imagine being so on edge, you watch every copy of the Guardian. That's what they've become. Desperate.

They only read the Guardian articles which mention Moz; which admittedly is very many. However, YOU have read every copy of the guardian for the past 35 years, so that must make you very desperate indeed - it has also brainwashed you, leaving you unable to hold a rational debate.

You will be desperately hoping that this Joshua chap doesn't take PK up on his offer, because he will discover the truth, and tell how Morrissey isn't racist after all.

It's a shame that PK didn't invite you instead of Joshua but: A) You aren't a journalist, and have no mouth piece other than on here, so you wouldn't be of any use, B) Your once highly respected views turned to nonsense from 2011 onwards C) You have displayed very worrying psychotic symptoms in recent years, which would mean you couldn't be trusted around Moz as you may become the next Mark Chapman. There is no D).

I now await the usual response, which will contain swear words, accusations of fascism, racism, and any other isms you can think of, and then some quip which will make you feel as though you are superior and have won the argument. I blow my nose at you.

Who exactly is the demographic they are going for? People who are OK with For Britain but consider Trump over-the-line? People who are a little nationalistic but not TOO nationalistic? Who exactly are these people? Do they even exist? When people break with liberalism, sky's the limit.

If anything, he should be trying to attract more right-wing fans who will buy his albums just to "own the libs".

He doesn't have a clue, does he? I remember, during Der Spiegel interview, the interviewer mentioned that his language had become like that of Donald Trump, but Morrissey just brushed it off. I would respect Morrissey a lot more if he stuck to a consistent ideology, even if it was one that I disagree with. But his general cluelessness about politics is just embarrassing. Or maybe he just dislikes Trump because he doesn't just hate Muslims, but also Mexicans - Morrissey's preferred choice of immigrant.

Any non-hysterical person can see that Steve Morrissey is clearly not racist - he doesn't even (properly) support right-wing politics.
He has been seduced into supporting For Bigots because the leader (who he followed before she formed the party) is a gay, vegan, feminist patriotic lesbian.
When it comes to politics, the man is quite simply an idiot. His naivety is just spectacular.
He either needs to educate himself about the subject or shut the f*** up about it. Otherwise, this tedious situation will go on and o n and on.

Imagine being so on edge, you watch every copy of the Guardian. That's what they've become. Desperate.

Question, Skinny, and it's not meant as a slight at all because I find myself in general agreement with you on here. When did you stop being a Morrissey fan, and why do you still frequent this forum?

It only really makes sense if Morrissey agrees to do a no-holds barred interview with this guy whilst he's visiting the tour, which would itself be a high-risk/reward scenario leading to two outcomes:

1) the journalist is won over by Moz, gets him to clarify some of his more outspoken comments (eg 'the Chinese are a subspecies etc' and writes a glowing 'he's not racist after all' newspaper article. Moz gets some credibility back, can maybe think about actually booking some UK shows without being treated like the reincarnation of Adolf Hitler.

or...
2) Morrissey let's some unguarded comment slip through in the interview, which turns out to sink him even further, and kills his career completely.

At this stage though, publicity is so poisonous around him that he's got little left to lose, so I reckon it might be a good strategy to try and engage with this guy.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom