Please, Please, Please enters the UK Single Top 40!

Hey Because, there's been loads of good stuff on telly that deal in real emotions. Check out work by Mike Leigh for starters. More lately, maybe the Sopranos.

Have ever seen those bits in the middle of The Sopranos? They're called ad breaks. Without enough companies wanting their ads in that airtime, no US tv show would ever be made.

(PS Didn't that band who did the Sopranos theme music have a hit single off the back of it?

Have ever seen those bits in the middle of The Sopranos? They're called ad breaks. Without enough companies wanting their ads in that airtime, no US tv show would ever be made.

(PS Didn't that band who did the Sopranos theme music have a hit single off the back of it?
I was only trying to make the point that telly programs can deal in real emotions. I don't understand why you felt the need to tell me about ad breaks!

Re: Please, Please, Please this week #31!

Literally slow moving upwards!

This week #31 from #35 in UK Top 40.

Re: Please, Please, Please this week #31!

In the midweeks it is now at nr 23, so a Christmas number 1 is still on the cards...

I don't know whether there are 2 or 3 more charts left before the Christmas no. 1 is announced (i.e. whether they count the chart on Christmas day itself). Either way, the chances of number 1 are pretty remote given the slow progress that the song is making, the fact that it's relying mainly on exposure in a TV ad, and that it's not even in the top 20 (although it might be come Sunday).
I'd love it to reach number 1, but I think it would be a pretty huge achievement even to make the top 10. Time will tell!

Re: Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want for Christmas No.1 !!!!!

Hello, I don't have a FB account (which is making it tough to navigate), and I am not sure if this is for the Smiths version or the Thoroughly Modern Millie [EDIT: Proof enough I don't care for her, since I got her name wrong, confusing it with the play] one (which, to be honest, I don't exactly love... or like, even).

Is it the former? And, if so, would that mean there's a re-issue related to this other than the one-song promo that's separate from the "Complete" packages?

I don't really wanna buy that if it's not The Smiths... I can't even afford to right now if it were. Literally. I literally haven't got the money for squat at the moment... but I would like to know should it happen that I DO end up with money to blow before it's too late.

Also, I don't use iTunes or any of that stuff, so unless this is on a disc or reel of some sort, I am pretty much SOL and not even interested.

Thank you for being so patient with me...

Last edited:

Hello, I don't have a FB account (which is making it tough to navigate), and I am not sure if this is for the Smiths version or the Thoroughly Modern Millie [EDIT: Proof enough I don't care for her, since I got her name wrong, confusing it with the play] one (which, to be honest, I don't exactly love... or like, even).

Is it the former? And, if so, would that mean there's a re-issue related to this other than the one-song promo that's separate from the "Complete" packages?

I don't really wanna buy that if it's not The Smiths... I can't even afford to right now if it were. Literally. I literally haven't got the money for squat at the moment... but I would like to know should it happen that I DO end up with money to blow before it's too late.

Also, I don't use iTunes or any of that stuff, so unless this is on a disc or reel of some sort, I am pretty much SOL and not even interested.

Thank you for being so patient with me...

Do you live in 1937? Get facebook and iTunes!

But anyway, it's the Smiths version. Not a chance in hell of it happening. Thankfully -it's one of the Smiths few unlistenable songs

I dislike iTunes and the idea of paying for files. I prefer owning physical formats and making digital copies of them from the media I own myself. It's about quality control. It's about being anal.

I had a Facebook (twice, actually), but then closed them for personal reasons. Seeing and hearing the only person I've ever loved (who can't--biologically--feel the same way) all the time was incredibly painful, even if it was only online. And he seemed to find me there each time I made an account. And I deleted both to get away from seeing him there once seeing him at all became too painful to manage. I don't see him in real life either, sadly. I wrote to him recently and haven't heard back, though he said he was "cool" with it after telling him how I feel.

FB wasn't and isn't worth that shit... and after deleting it twice, I'd feel stupid making a 3rd... So there's my perfectly acceptable justification for that!

Maybe I am too late...
Is this song gonna be released as single for Xmas?

Need 500,000+ people to buy it to be Christmas #1. That group has 26 people a week before you actually have to buy the song for it to be #1...

It won't be released for xmas and it won't be number 1 in the charts.
The one track promo released by Rhino is actually The Smiths and it was released to promote the recent 'Complete' box-sets.

I'm pretty anal about being a slob, so I guess... maybe?

Slow Moving Millie has finally sped up!
Sadly, she's now moving in the wrong direction - down 8 places to 39...

Tags
christmas number please smiths
Back
Top Bottom