Portland, ME - State Theatre (Oct. 15, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / You Have Killed Me / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / You're The One For Me, Fatty / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Spring-Heeled Jim / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Black Cloud / Scandinavia / I Know It's Over / Let Me Kiss You / Maladjusted / Speedway / Meat Is Murder / I Will See You In Far Off Places // Still Ill

set list provided by Patwww

Last edited:
Very good show. No surprises in set list

Any memorable banter?

Moz seems really energized on this tour. He seemed in good humor throughout (with the exception of "Still Ill" when over-aggressive security manhandled stage invaders) and the voice is clearer and stronger than the last two or three tours. I think the set list is really enjoyable this time around. "Shoplifters", "Maladjusted", "Speedway" and a brilliant "I Know It's Over" were the highlights. The band is tighter than ever.

Last edited:
Amazing show. Set list pretty much the same as previous nights. The man was on form and superb, his band great. Portland crowd were up for it and into it. Some banter : After introducing each band member he said "and I....am nothing". He said Portland was a nice place - but not for lobsters. He said his horoscope in the Portland Herald (local newspaper) said tonight he should go for a long walk- he asked the audience if he should. He said - "he was in a state - in the state".
Several tried but only one young fella got onto the stage and gave Morrissey a hug. Fantastic night.

He did say he read the paper and the 'scope told him to go out and take a walk tonight, then he asked where he should walk and said -- im a rock star.

He also said "you wanna talk?" and put the mic in peoples faces.

At the start of the show he said "cheer louder"

Portland can have really lame participation -- -worse than Boston. Tonight, the audience was involved - for Portland -- but, really lame for other places. They tend to act like "I paid to see a show, now dance monkey"

The band/lights were great - he was great -- his voice was full and sounded better than some recent vids onlinje -- but the sound of the show was off -- I did not know all the songs and could not figure out the words if I did not know them.

A fun show - Im a Portland local and wish we had better audience participation --

He seemed very relaxed, and like he was really enjoying it. It's great to see him at the beginning of the tour. His voice was perfect.

Great show. Morrissey was in top form. Basically the same set as T5 Saturday. The man's voice is just so frickin' ON this tour. The back-to-back of Maladjusted & Speedway is amazing. And I gotta say, I've really come around on To Give... it's a perfect cover choice for him.

My little local area tour ends tomorrow. Never thought I'd be seeing Morrissey in Vermont, but here it goes.

One interesting note was that he actually introduced "Still Ill" ('This song is called....') which he never really does for a song ever, especially for the encore. Wish he actually sang more of it, but at least he didn't walk off mid-song. As mentioned above, he was yelling at security for much of it.

Last edited:
Brilliant show. Crowd was fabulous and Morrissey felt it. I got over the rail during Still Ill but the thuggish security pushed me back. Moz was visibly displeased with them. Oh well, it was fantastic, and I got part of his shirt. He smells so good! Very special show.

Great show. Excellent Portland audience. Morrissey is in sych good voice! Saw Waterbury too.

Shoplifters
Killed Me
Everyday is like Sunday
Paris
Fatty

Youngest Most Loved
Goodbye...Farewell
Spring Heeled Jim
To Give
Ouija

Black Cloud
Scandinavia
I Know It's Over
Let Me Kiss
Malajusted

Speedway
Meat is Murder
Far Off Places

E) Still Ill

Thanks for the reviews. :thumb:

Set List posted by Patwww is correct.

Venue has a large general admission pit. Behind that are seats that were also GA and a balcony that is GA. I found something that said capacity is 2300 for the venue. I'd say it was probably about 2000 people.

The crowd in the pit wasn't very active in terms of slamming into each other but were very loud and very into the show. Julia was front/center. I didn't see her in line so I think she got in early. If you go to every show and it's GA a little special treatment isn't a big deal. My wife was right behind her. Julia got the first handshake of the night.

After 1 or 2 songs some guy who was either mental or on drugs kept yelling for Speedway. I told him it would be played but he was too gone to hear me. After the next song he started saying, "I have to go talk to Morrissey" but I wasn't letting him get past me. He then took his shirt off and had his friends try to lift him over. I asked the house security to take him out but they said no but it was a pretty big commotion happening right behind Julia. Arturo was in the pit rather than on the side of the tiny stage. I asked him to take the guy out and he did.

Morrissey gave the microphone to a couple people and one guy said something like, "Morrissey, you're words have changed my life and heaven knows I'm miserable now." Morrissey took back the mic and said, "GOOD!"

I don't remember what the first person said.

Morrissey had on a zippered shirt to start the show. He changed it before LMKY into something he can rip off at the standard point in the song. That shirt ended up in the audience. He came back with another zippered shirt after that.

I had a hard time hearing a lot of the banter because the pit was very loud and the PA system was sort of projecting out past me.

During Still Ill, he was not yelling at security, what he was doing was actually really funny. He stopped singing for most of the song and was watching people fighting trying to get on stage and he was saying things like, "Get him!" "Hit him!" "Stab him!" and was throwing punches playfully. The security was not being overly aggressive during the encore or during any other point. The encore was really the only time anyone tried to get one stage. As reported, 1 person made it up. It happened while about 3 people all tried at the same time.

I don't get the hate for the band at all. They were excellent as always, full of energy. The new drummer is really good. He doesn't have the heavy hand like Matt Walker but he seemed to do a bit more with fills and was very in sync with the rest of the band.

I was glad to get Scandinavia instead of People are the Same. My biggest gripe about the setlist really is only that I really don't like To Give and if that song was swapped out for Come Back To Camden I'd be hard-pressed to complain about anything on it.

Last edited:
Set List posted by Patwww is correct.

Venue has a large general admission pit. Behind that are seats that were also GA and a balcony that is GA. I found something that said capacity is 2300 for the venue. I'd say it was probably about 2000 people.

The crowd in the pit wasn't very active in terms of slamming into each other but were very loud and very into the show. Julia was front/center. I didn't see her in line so I think she got in early. If you go to every show and it's GA a little special treatment isn't a big deal. My wife was right behind her. Julia got the first handshake of the night.

After 1 or 2 songs some guy who was either mental or on drugs kept yelling for Speedway. I told him it would be played but he was too gone to hear me. After the next song he started saying, "I have to go talk to Morrissey" but I wasn't letting him get past me. He then took his shirt off and had his friends try to lift him over. I asked the house security to take him out but they said no but it was a pretty big commotion happening right behind Julia. Arturo was in the pit rather than on the side of the tiny stage. I asked him to take the guy out and he did.

Morrissey gave the microphone to a couple people and one guy said something like, "Morrissey, you're words have changed my life and heaven knows I'm miserable now." Morrissey took back the mic and said, "GOOD!"

I don't remember what the first person said.

Morrissey had on a zippered shirt to start the show. He changed it before LMKY into something he can rip off at the standard point in the song. That shirt ended up in the audience. He came back with another zippered shirt after that.

I had a hard time hearing a lot of the banter because the pit was very loud and the PA system was sort of projecting out past me.

During Still Ill, he was not yelling at security, what he was doing was actually really funny. He stopped singing for most of the song and was watching people fighting trying to get on stage and he was saying things like, "Get him!" "Hit him!" "Stab him!" and was throwing punches playfully. The security was not being overly aggressive during the encore or during any other point. The encore was really the only time anyone tried to get one stage. As reported, 1 person made it up. It happened while about 3 people all tried at the same time.

I don't get the hate for the band at all. They were excellent as always, full of energy. The new drummer is really good. He doesn't have the heavy hand like Matt Walker but he seemed to do a bit more with fills and was very in sync with the rest of the band.

I was glad to get Scandinavia instead of People are the Same. My biggest gripe about the setlist really is only that I really don't like To Give and if that song was swapped out for Come Back To Camden I'd be hard-pressed to complain about anything on it.

Thanks bored! Nicely detailed. :clap: Glad you had a good time.

There's no hatred for the band, it's just intense dislike for Jesse Tobias (and rightfully so).

he was saying things like, "Get him!" "Hit him!" "Stab him!" and was throwing punches playfully.

I could have sworn he may have also said "Eat him!"

My biggest gripe about the setlist really is only that I really don't like To Give and if that song was swapped out for Come Back To Camden I'd be hard-pressed to complain about anything on it.

My biggest gripe is ending on "Far off Places." Any other position in the set would be fine, but it's just not a great closer.

He might have. He was saying a lot of stuff.
My biggest gripe is ending on "Far off Places." Any other position in the set would be fine, but it's just not a great closer.

That one just goes down to personal preference. It's one of my favorite songs so I think it's a great ending.

'hold on to your friends' would be nice to end the show

Maybe he should put a Your Arsenal one in

Tomorrow would be fine, or a ballad ' We'll let you know'

not that I'm attending , but always nice Lds and Ladies who tape it, and share

[no reation on my frontier tourdate t shirt so far:(]

I honestly can understand that he was upset at security for being rough on a few audience members, but as a result he completely ruined Still Ill for the others in the audience who really wanted to hear it. It started out so strong, and then he just gave up. Seems really disrespectful to the majority of the audience to completely half-ass an entire song.

I was front row and literally looking Moz in the face when he was muttering that stuff about the invaders -- I think it was intentionally unintelligible. Still funny, though, how he camped up the whole occurrence!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom