Post Whatever You Are Thinking At This Very Moment

@rifke Queenie (I'd like to call you Queenie every now and then if that's okay, like the nickname Miranda Richardson went by as Elizabeth I in Blackadder) I read recently about your love for The Cure so I thought back to this cover of 'Secrets' that I recorded in 2008 when I was 19. Precocious you could say, maybe!? It's arguable, but I never really progressed beyond this musically, truth be told. The singing wasn't very good but I was young and I think we can excuse it. But anyway do you like it?? Because your opinion (along with vegan cro of course!) is the only opinion that counts :hearteyes:

Here's an overview of what was going on in the world around the time this was recorded:
George W. Bush was U.S. President in his final year, Gordon Brown was UK Prime Minister, and Michael Jackson was still alive! Morrissey's Angel was only about one year old. I'm not sure of the exact date but August 2008 is the month that I think it was recorded. What else was happening around that time, I can't really remember. So I'm googling it now. The Summer Olympic Games were being held in Beijing. John McCain picked Sarah Palin as his vice presidential running mate. I Kissed a Girl by that woman who later married Light Housework's stalker was #1 in the charts. The Dark Knight starring Christian Bale as Batman and Heath Ledger as the Joker was the highest grossing film that month. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn died, so did Isaac Hayes and Bernie Mac. Of course I didn't know about most of that back then but that's some general background to what was happenin' at the time.

Here's a GIF of Miranda Richardson as Queenie by the way, this could be you talking about Neil don't you think? :hearteyecat:
miranda richardson crush GIF

You sound like Beck.

@rifke Queenie (I'd like to call you Queenie every now and then if that's okay, like the nickname Miranda Richardson went by as Elizabeth I in Blackadder) I read recently about your love for The Cure so I thought back to this cover of 'Secrets' that I recorded in 2008 when I was 19. Precocious you could say, maybe!? It's arguable, but I never really progressed beyond this musically, truth be told. The singing wasn't very good but I was young and I think we can excuse it. But anyway do you like it?? Because your opinion (along with vegan cro of course!) is the only opinion that counts :hearteyes:

Here's an overview of what was going on in the world around the time this was recorded:
George W. Bush was U.S. President in his final year, Gordon Brown was UK Prime Minister, and Michael Jackson was still alive! Morrissey's Angel was only about one year old. I'm not sure of the exact date but August 2008 is the month that I think it was recorded. What else was happening around that time, I can't really remember. So I'm googling it now. The Summer Olympic Games were being held in Beijing. John McCain picked Sarah Palin as his vice presidential running mate. I Kissed a Girl by that woman who later married Light Housework's stalker was #1 in the charts. The Dark Knight starring Christian Bale as Batman and Heath Ledger as the Joker was the highest grossing film that month. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn died, so did Isaac Hayes and Bernie Mac. Of course I didn't know about most of that back then but that's some general background to what was happenin' at the time.

Here's a GIF of Miranda Richardson as Queenie by the way, this could be you talking about Neil don't you think? :hearteyecat:
miranda richardson crush GIF

you're amazing honey bunny! naturally i love it!! :hearteyecat: but help me understand what im listening to: are you just doing the singing or are you playing an instrument as well?!

of course, i already knew that you were sehr talented, my darling!! it's ALWAYS a treat when you share a recording with us! wish you would share more!! i would say it's a good bet that you are PROBABLY the most talented person at this forum! do you take requests, by the way? cause if so, you MUST do a recording of plainsong!!! or sugar girl!!

and yes, you have envisioned me correctly! that is exactly what i look like when swooning over neil. also, thats exactly how im going to attire myself for my youtube channel! you've really got my number, honey bunny!!

I hate Beck but thanks, I suppose it's better than the time you said I sound like Russell Brand!

Although the 'Beck' vocals were recorded 13 years ago and the 'Russell Brand' vocals were recorded about 18 months ago () so now I'm not sure how to feel :unsure:

i love this SO MUCH!!!!!! :rofl: :hearteyes: :rofl:

also, i think you sound like paul mccartney!!

@Light Housework do I sound like Louis Armstrong in this clip? :brows::laughing:

you're amazing honey bunny! naturally i love it!! :hearteyecat: but help me understand what im listening to: are you just doing the singing or are you playing an instrument as well?!

of course, i already knew that you were sehr talented, my darling!! it's ALWAYS a treat when you share a recording with us! wish you would share more!! i would say it's a good bet that you are PROBABLY the most talented person at this forum! do you take requests, by the way? cause if so, you MUST do a recording of plainsong!!! or sugar girl!!

and yes, you have envisioned me correctly! that is exactly what i look like when swooning over neil. also, thats exactly how im going to attire myself for my youtube channel! you've really got my number, honey bunny!!

Thank you Queen :hearteyes::hearteyes:!! Your opinion is the only opinion I can count on! You would never say something like "you sound like Beck". Never!! You only say thoughtful things like "you sound like Paul McCartney" which really gives a fellow a boost. In that 'Secrets' recording I played the guitars, bass, and the simple keyboard part towards the end. The drums were just a repetitive drum pattern built into my keyboard. It was recorded onto my digital recorder that I had bought a few weeks before and this was one of my first recordings. I haven't used that recorder in a few years but it has a mostly finished cover of 'In Your House' on it. I must have liked the Seventeen Seconds album a lot!

I don't really play music any more, most of my recordings were made between 2008-2013, but I've taken note of the Plainsong and Sugar Girl suggestions which might spur me into action. You and I are definitely the most talented people on this forum, but look at our competition. Even if we never did anything musical or artistic we would still be more talented than Verso and Carlisle Baz. The only thing we have to do to be more talented than them is to breathe, to be quite honest, and I'm not even sure that the breathing is necessary!

I would love to see your YouTube channel when it's up and running :hearteyes:, I can be one of your first subscribers and I'll post encouraging comments beneath the videos, before all the new subscribers start coming in thick and fast. I'll be able to say I was one of the first (look at how narcissistic I am, making your channel all about me)!! I'm just looking forward to seeing it, and for a wider and more appreciative audience to be introduced to you, since for so long you've had to suffer the sorts of people who frequent this thread. Hopefully the YouTube audience will be on a different level. Imagine creating a YouTube account and discovering the comment section is full of psychobabbling people like Dave, I would probably delete the account in horror. I approve of the Lovecats choice, it's very fitting :hearteyecat:! I think Verso has a crush on you and he's using LH to find out more about you. When was the last time that guy even wrote a post on here that wasn't about you in some way!? Talk about obsessed!

Tags
* no social life frink advice artie lange awesome bitching blush bored brooms candies chat cheese with your whine? college is tough companionship complaining epiphany episiotomy friendships funny happy i think u stink just lust moaning never to be replaced rabid monkey sad suck my teeth sweet caroline wowzers
Back
Top Bottom